JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New HISS Tanks on the way from HASBRO, in BLACK! (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4233)

Hammerfel 07-23-2010 07:06 PM

New HISS Tanks on the way from HASBRO, in BLACK!

I was talking to Hasbro Design Manager, John Warden at Comic-con on Preview night, and we had a great, long talk. One of the things he asked me to pass on to the Joe Community is that he has been watching the reaction to the color of the current HISS tank and wanted to assure us all that future releases of that mold will come in classic BLACK(and I would guess other colors as well). He was eager to get the word out, so spread it far and wide!

He also clarified the dual purpose of the hidden compartment in the back. It could be used as a gunner station, or as a place to restrain Joes captured on the field of battle.

He further described that the windowless canopy was to address the fact that glass-cockpit tanks aren't all that tough (a frequently raised point about the fragility of an original HISS tank on a real battlefield). He described that idea is that the inside of the canopy is a full video wall with a targeting HUD fed via external cameras.

He also is rightfully proud of his new "Shadow Tracker" design. Hit the link for more info on that picture, and don't forget to have a look at the SDCC 2010 Gallery!

Death_at_Midnight 07-23-2010 07:37 PM

He needs to join JD.

We'll certainly "help" sheer the designs in the right way ;-)

Why was the thing in that brown to begin with?

cyko 07-23-2010 08:49 PM

Damn, and I just bought one of the brown ones. Well, Krylon magic will have to do. Might be cool if they do an arctic repaint like the v1.

Otto the Otter 07-23-2010 09:15 PM

What I wouldn't do to take a guy like him and have an hour or two alone with him so he can answer my questions.

Prolly tie him to a chair in the basement.

Drug his food and drinks to dull his senses a bit.

Make him design the Joes the way I want them and throw hissy-fits when he doesn't do something I like.

End up hobbleing him to keep him from escaping again.

Whoa! Did I just slip into Kathy Bates there for a second...?

Hammerfel 07-23-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
He needs to join JD.

He said he's been to JD many times, as did the Director of Global Strategy & Marketing, who was once in charge of Joes, but now is working on Clone Wars. He was the same Snake Eyes T-shirt John here has on. :)

Tracker 07-23-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfel
He said he's been to JD many times, as did the Director of Global Strategy & Marketing, who was once in charge of Joes, but now is working on Clone Wars. He was the same Snake Eyes T-shirt John here has on. :)

ok that is cool to here that make me feels good

yorktownjoe 07-24-2010 04:21 AM

Quote:

I was going to say, he sounds like "our kind of people." Keep the welcome mat out for him Mr. Hammerfel.

General Scarlett 07-24-2010 06:43 AM

I think that Flint & I were in the minority......we liked the 'bulletproof plexiglass' canopy design of the original H.I.S.S.

Flint picked up one of the new ones, and he's not that pleased with it-which is odd, since he tends to be like Mikey, liking everything.

But I'm glad that you were able to hook up and chat with some of the design team.....good job!! :cool:

samsallspark 07-24-2010 10:41 AM

Give us hiss repaints for all 4 of the pursuit of cobra storylines.

We already have desert, Give us Jungle colored Hiss Tanks

Give us Arctic Colored hiss tanks

And yes, in black The URBAN HISS TANK............

Then every fanboy can smile.

Death_at_Midnight 07-24-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Then i would like to make a suggestion while you are updating the site: a section in the forums, probably locked so ppl can't add to it directly, directed to hasbro folks. In this way we can express ideas to them in one official spot... easy for hasbro to read. Make a direct link in the main landing page to that forum thread.

We all can always contribute to the hasbro thread via other threads. Threads tend to get messy and can be hijackked, so keeping the hasbro thread clean is important. This way it can encourage hasbro,who are busy folks, just like any of us, to find ideas that have JD interests in one spot.

Sorry for the typos... i'm typing this via my new droid phone.