JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-To (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Explosions!! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713)

ender098 03-22-2007 08:23 PM

Explosions!!

Ok, how to make Explosions.
The Easiest way is to steal them! LOL! What? No, I’m serious! Go to Google or Yahoo and search the images for explosions; And you might get something like this;

And I’m going to add it to this pic;

First thing is bring up the Explosion picture and using the freehand tool, select the explosion;

Right Click and Copy;

ender098 03-22-2007 08:24 PM

Minimize the Explosion pic and open the helicopter crash pic, right click and “add as new Layer”;

If the explosion is not the right size, you have to go back to the explosion picture and resize it, and then copy and paste until it is the right size!

Move the explosion layer where you want it. Then using the layers option Pallet, drop the transparency down until you can see through the explosion.

Using the eraser tool, erase the explosion where it overlaps the walls and parts of the chopper blades. It helps to expand the picture 3 or 4 times it’s normal size and adjust the eraser tools size.

ender098 03-22-2007 08:25 PM

Then, bring back the transparency level until it looks as natural as possible! (I forgot this step in my pic!!!) Then, using the Gaussian blur, blur the layer.

And VIOLA! Explosion and Helicopter crash! The more time you work on these Techniques, and the more effort you apply, the more natural and professional your pic will look!!

ender098 03-22-2007 08:30 PM

Realize, I threw this tutorial together. With more time and effort, the results can be much better. Like these two pics:

Enjoy!

Outrider 03-23-2007 01:23 PM

Excellent work as usual Frank. And taking your tips literally, I just "borrowed" the explosion pic you posted above, thank you! :D

lehsreh 03-23-2007 04:57 PM

great help for anyone new to phototshop. keep'em comeing, we can always use more how to's/

General Scarlett 03-23-2007 09:06 PM

It sure beats the hell outta ACTUALLY blowing your stuff up!!!

Thanks Frank!!! You da bom!!! hehehehehehehe :rolleyes:

ToneGunsRevisited 04-01-2007 09:03 AM

Frank, the way I found to say thank you, to you for this tutorial is showing my first ever photoshop. I know "It's a long way to the top" (AC/DC), but we need to start somewhere.

Thank you Frank!

P.S. Craig, maybe next time I'll not have to bother you to photoshop something for me :D.

Dune Echo 04-02-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGunsRevisited
Frank, the way I found to say thank you, to you for this tutorial is showing my first ever photoshop. I know "It's a long way to the top" (AC/DC), but we need to start somewhere.

Thank you Frank!

P.S. Craig, maybe next time I'll not have to bother you to photoshop something for me :D.

That is a GREAT first start! I love this shot!

General Scarlett 04-02-2007 09:28 AM

NICE!!! :cool:

Now all we need is Mace Windu leaping from the sky to smite him with his violet lightsaber!!!!!! :D