JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Moderator Nominations (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5074)

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoman
That's pretty convenient for you to say. I would have given you this benefit if you had shown up at any time in the past few years before we needed a moderator, but now you just return out of nowhere. Seems like you have an obsession with the role more so than an earnest desire to rejoin the community.

If you want to come back, be friends, and enjoy this site for what it's main purpose is than great. But why are you so hung up on moderating?

Woah.....the Dude's Waayy nominated, and also didn't self nominate as the poster and replier have...so....

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
Gijoiwasthere watched the fortress all these years with other few guys...
Thank You all for coming back!

and NJ is the rock upon which the fortress sits! Thanks my friend!

Nekoman 07-08-2017 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
Woah.....the Dude's Waayy nominated, and also didn't self nominate as the poster and replier have...so....

I self nominated because Sonneilion had a hoard of dudes come on to shill for him and I find the intentions here dubious. Nobody who likes me would mind the fact that I did that since my only interest is making sure nothing unfair happens here.

To be clear: I completely forfeit ANY interest in becoming a moderator IF that means I can't speak my mind about these two and what they're doing. And just so we're clear I'm under the impression this isn't an "election" so the results may not be the same as what you guys think they are.

The moderator shouldn't be someone who just showed up to take the spot. It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator.

As for more stuff I'm sitting on: Why should guy who would desecrate a support image for a cancer victim out of spite be a moderator? That's a gem about 218, and Hammerfell knows about it too.

I don't want to be a moderator. But I have to step up, say what's on my mind, tell this like it is and make some issues absolutely clear.

For all of you guys thinking this is great, there will likely be an exodus of current posters should 218 and Sonne be moderators, just as they left 7 years ago.

Otto the Otter 07-08-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:
Why should guy who would desecrate a support image for a cancer victim out of spite be a moderator? .

Why are you so hellbent on defending Outrider's honor when you didn't know him like we did?
If Craig was such s good friend and you're offended by how 218 "desecrated" the ribbon image, where is your show of support? Where is you ribbon image?

Maybe folks are asking a former moderator to be one again because he did s good job the last time he was here.

Nekoman 07-08-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto the Otter
Why are you so hellbent on defending Outrider's honor when you didn't know him like we did?

LOL, you joined after I did! That's really low Otto, now trying to tell me I don't know my own friends.

Why does that even matter? Is it okay to spitefully vandalize cancer support images of people you don't know? Think about what you're saying.

Quote:
Maybe folks are asking a former moderator to be one again because he did s good job the last time he was here.

And maybe some of us think he didn't do such a good job and want new blood. Slipstream, Selvaland, GIJoewasthere, Mike T, lots of guys who didn't show up just to resume control.

Nekoman 07-08-2017 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto the Otter
If Craig was such s good friend and you're offended by how 218 "desecrated" the ribbon image, where is your show of support? Where is you ribbon image?

Quoting you again since you edited your post.

Where's my ribbon? Craig died if you didn't notice. Some people like to remember our friends in different ways.

When is it a nice thing to do that? Tell me? Why did 218 have to do that besides that he's an angry, spiteful person? What are you defending?

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:20 AM

Quote:
Quoting you again since you edited your post.

Where's my ribbon? Craig died if you didn't notice. Some people like to remember our friends in different ways.

When is it a nice thing to do that? Tell me? Why did 218 have to do that besides that he's an angry, spiteful person? What are you defending?

Well Arnold does get pissed I can attest to that :D , but that guy has more in Common with Graig than anyone on JoeDios and he took the ribbon down when you voiced your opinion

Nekoman 07-08-2017 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoeiwasthere
Well Arnold does get pissed I can attest to that :D , but that guy has more in Common with Graig than anyone on JoeDios and he took the ribbon down when you voiced your opinion

He took it down when he was forced to.

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:24 AM

Quote:
I self nominated because Sonneilion had a hoard of dudes come on to shill for him and I find the intentions here dubious. Nobody who likes me would mind the fact that I did that since my only interest is making sure nothing unfair happens here.

To be clear: I completely forfeit ANY interest in becoming a moderator IF that means I can't speak my mind about these two and what they're doing. And just so we're clear I'm under the impression this isn't an "election" so the results may not be the same as what you guys think they are.

The moderator shouldn't be someone who just showed up to take the spot.
As for more stuff I'm sitting on: Why should guy who would desecrate a support image for a cancer victim out of spite be a moderator? That's a gem about 218, and Hammerfell knows about it too.

I don't want to be a moderator. But I have to step up, say what's on my mind, tell this like it is and make some issues absolutely clear.

For all of you guys thinking this is great, there will likely be an exodus of current It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator.
posters should 218 and Sonne be moderators, just as they left 7 years ago.

I get it....I am just not under the impression that there is as much of a coup as you think, maybe initially, but members coming back is Great and it was set-up that there is nominations, and I would hope you wouldn't leave because there are some guys that can tell newbies to only post 3 (etc....) that are not your favorite people
and personally, I don't think JD need mods....but It's not my call.
And I Agree that "It should be someone less involved with any cliques and has been an active poster here from before we needed a moderator."
although maybe the clique stuff will be water under the bridge rather than a burning of said bridge

woof run-ons anyone?

gijoeiwasthere 07-08-2017 05:33 AM

Quote:
LOL, you joined after I did! That's really low Otto, now trying to tell me I don't know my own friends.

Why does that even matter? Is it okay to spitefully vandalize cancer support images of people you don't know? Think about what you're saying.

And maybe some of us think he didn't do such a good job and want new blood. Slipstream, Selvaland, GIJoewasthere, Mike T, lots of guys who didn't show up just to resume control.

We're pretty much in lockstep here....(aside from the good/bad job (no Info)) but you can't fight city Hall, it's all Hammerfel and nominations which is ultimately fine