JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (http://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (http://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Potential Army Builders? (http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4398)

Agent Viper 12-19-2010 04:40 PM

Potential Army Builders?

With PoC figures hitting it big, I was wanting the opinions of our community on potential army builders in the line. I'm really wanting to start building the AWE striker drivers. They make for a sweet Black Ops team.

What do you guys think?

Otto the Otter 12-19-2010 04:53 PM

I think the actualy troop builders of the AVs and Shock Troopers are great for troop building, they both have a high level of awesomeness to them. The Jungle Vipers are cool, but I couldn't see have legions of them like you would AVs, Shock Troopers, Blue Shirts, Crimson Guard or regular Vipers. I picked up a couple of AVs for Frank and have had a chance to mess around with them, but I'd rather not invest in a whole bunch of those guys to build what I feel is a propper sized squad or platoon. Same with the Shock Troopers. I may get one or two just coz he's a cool figure, but that's about it.

As far as that AWE driver (Firefox? Desert Fox?) He is awesome and would make for a fine set of troop builders. I wanted to get another AWE for my collection but passed on this latest incarnation due to the odd colour choices, but once I really started to look at the driver, I shelled out the $$$ for it. Those ugly colours can be taken care of with a rattle can.

Clutch from the PoC VAMP is another that can make for a good troop builder. He's got on a sort of jump suit, with 25th Beach Head's vest and a knife and holster on each thigh. Beach Head with a bit of modding and Dusty are also great potential for troop building.

Lt. Pinpoint 12-20-2010 04:29 AM

I don't see much of a point in troop building the Joes. Each one has his own character and it works for the team. I do add my own characters but prefere to just troop build the Vipers, (AV, JV, CG, etc.) I did want to get the GI Joe troop builder TRU exclusive, but they were still unique individuals.

Agent Viper 12-20-2010 05:41 AM

I understand what you mean Pinpoint. I try to keep my joes all exclusive and have full character bios but this Night Fox figure makes for a perfect Spec Ops soldier.

Black Knight 12-20-2010 01:03 PM

I would have to say the AV is my favor army builder so far. I havent seen the shocktroopers yet, and other than that ive been trying to build PoC Firefly... he makes a great "Shocktrooper" in my own joeverse.

SIC DETH 12-20-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Viper
I'm really wanting to start building the AWE striker drivers.

This could be expensive, but cool!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Pinpoint
I don't see much of a point in troop building the Joes. Each one has his own character and it works for the team.

The Joes need wingmen also. Like Mike The Situation said "somebody has to catch that grenade"

Agent Viper 12-20-2010 02:48 PM

The Joes need wingmen also. Like Mike The Situation said "somebody has to catch that grenade"[/QUOTE]

Ahah!
Oh Yea!

Otto the Otter 12-20-2010 03:31 PM

I was checking out eBay to see if some of those Chinese sellers might have Night Fox going solo or in groups of five like they've done with some other drivers, with no luck though. In fact the only two Night Fox only auctions I found were selling him for more expensive than the AWE can be found at retail or on HTS.

SIC DETH 12-20-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto the Otter
I was checking out eBay to see if some of those Chinese sellers might have Night Fox going solo or in groups of five like they've done with some other drivers, with no luck though. In fact the only two Night Fox only auctions I found were selling him for more expensive than the AWE can be found at retail or on HTS.

You know I find that rather strange. Some of those ebay sellers had RoC and 25th/ME lots galore!!! I wonder why no PoC?

AV the Night Fox is the same figure as the RoC Desert Ambush Duke. It just has a different head and webgear which doesnt really fit the torso well. You could easy round up those Dukes, swap some heads and gear. Might be more cost effective.

Agent Viper 12-20-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIC DETH
You know I find that rather strange. Some of those ebay sellers had RoC and 25th/ME lots galore!!! I wonder why no PoC?

AV the Night Fox is the same figure as the RoC Desert Ambush Duke. It just has a different head and webgear which doesnt really fit the torso well. You could easy round up those Dukes, swap some heads and gear. Might be more cost effective.

true, thing is finding these guys