JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dio Mishaps?! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5080)

G.I.*Jock 07-11-2017 03:35 PM

Dio Mishaps?!

I noticed a random picture of mine taken years ago on the homepage and had a little look through the comments. I was reminded of something I had totally forgotten about... Falling victim to a mini landslide...

Target Range: Shipwreck

Quote:
It was a was a terribly bitterly cold day here in Scotland. It had been raining constantly for days... I had my waterproof trousers on and a big waterproof coat. Obviously, as is so often the case, I had my Adidas trainers on. Perhaps not the best choice for treking through mud.

Anyway... there I was taking photo's. The cold was getting to me a little. So I had an idea about taking my mind off it... My Nokia 3250 MP3 Mobile/cell phone. I was the only one in a remote field so I thought what the hell... I was in the mood for some Springsteen... So I started walking around the muddy bank of the pond concentrating on my phone in a bid to get "Dancing in the Dark" blasting out of the speakers. The next thing I slipped. It was like the whole bit of ground moved under me... Which it did... Well the mud at least...

Anyway before I knew it I was on my hind end and the momentum of the fall and I imagine the waterproof trousers helped in me sliding into the pond. Both Camera and Phone in hand. Luckily I escaped with just wet feet. But I will exercise more caution next time.

I stayed for another 40 minutes or so before returning home. Bloody hard core so I am!.

So I am wondering what mishaps you have had when taking pics? :D - I'm sure I can think of a few others too! :eek:

D :)

neapolitan joe 07-11-2017 03:59 PM

Ahahahahah!

Meddatron 07-11-2017 03:59 PM

My first foam dio with insulation sheet foam was a disaster. I spent a good amount of time carving all the walls for a building. When it came time to glue I took it all into the garage and glued all the pieces together, like a dummy, with contact cement. Left garage, never noticed it melting. Came back in an hour with it in pieces. Glue ate straight through everywhere I applied it. Dont know what I was thinking using that glue. I knew better.

Dr. Phibes 07-11-2017 05:36 PM

I remember when you said you feel in a pond taking pics! Lol

G.I.*Jock 07-12-2017 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
I remember when you said you feel in a pond taking pics! Lol

You have a good memory!

Another dio mishap I have suffered was leaving the silver moonboots convention Firefly behind in a quarry after a photo shoot. I had to go back in the dark, armed with a torch. It took me hours to retrace my steps but I found him! He was still standing on the rock I left him on.

tycondrius23 07-12-2017 06:13 AM

not quite a Joe related mishap but still one that caused me to loose a vital part of a figure. was after I had done a dio shoot with some of my Hobbit figs I was carrying them back up the stairs to the loft were I have some my figures stored.

the stairs is a external wooden one and the Thorin figure dropped and his shield went bye bye so he's no longer oakenshield :( , I tried searching for it but it just went into the void !

Crimson Pilot 07-12-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*Jock
You have a good memory!

Another dio mishap I have suffered was leaving the silver moonboots convention Firefly behind in a quarry after a photo shoot. I had to go back in the dark, armed with a torch. It took me hours to retrace my steps but I found him! He was still standing on the rock I left him on.

I forgot a few vipers in a wash that I took some pics in. Went back the first chance I could but either they were gone or I couldn't find the right spot a few days later. That was a long time ago though. Never did that again. Too expensive to try. They were the anniversary ones. D'oh!

silentdusty 07-12-2017 10:19 AM

I was doing a pic with the JUMP, and when I got home discovered that the laser gun was missing, so I drove the 10 km back to the gravel pit I was in, searched for a 1/2 hour or so through the sand, and managed to find it just before the sun went down.

Scarrviper 07-12-2017 10:50 AM

I've got a few stories, in no particular order -

Once I did drop a backback in the yard (I think it was a brown accessory pack gung-ho pack) and had to go back outside and search the grass for it. Thankfully I found it.

Another time while at a special location I lost a Kwinn necklace, very lucky that my grandfather who was with me found it.

Probably the worst scenario was when I was shooting a NECA jungle hunter predator in a tree. I didn't have the figure secured enough and he fell to the ground. Broke one of his wrist blades and his foot came off. Spent at least 15 minutes on the ground trying to find it. Worst part is that I didn't get the shot.

The strangest story I have is that years ago when I was shooting some pics of my headhunters outside, there was an airplane that flying really low over the area. After I went inside the house, a few sheriff vehicles arrived and they went out into what was a cornfield at the time behind our property. The two men came back out of the field carrying large marijuana plants :eek: . We still don't know who planted them out there, but I thought it was freaky considering the subject matter of the shots I was taking that day. I'll never forget it.

That's all I have for now.

Slipstream80 07-12-2017 01:12 PM

I guess I'm fortunate not to have any mishaps while taking pictures-just a lot of strange looks from neighbours when I take my Joes and camera to the front yard.