JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introductions....a bit overdue!! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3902)

Rambo 07-09-2010 06:41 AM

Veronica or a european city name like... Paris, Geneve, Brussels, etc.

pbarny1701 07-09-2010 07:42 AM

Not a boy named Sue How Do you Do!!! :p

JoeGirl 07-09-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
Veronica or a european city name like... Paris, Geneve, Brussels, etc.

I had thought about Journey and someone today had said Liberty or Justice! Idk is that weird

Otto the Otter 07-09-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGirl
I had thought about Journey and someone today had said Liberty or Justice! Idk is that weird

Those sound pretty cool actually. Kinda patriotic. Just don't give the poor girl a strangly spelled version of a common name like Jeni, Margaux, or Pnaomeee. You'll never find personalized pencils, earings, or bicycle license plates.

snakeeyes 07-10-2010 03:27 AM

Welcome Marsha :)

JoeGirl 07-10-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes
Welcome Marsha :)

Thanks!!!

icebird 07-27-2010 05:20 PM

Introduction

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself

I've been coming to this site since 2005 to look at pictures and enjoy your work. I've posted a little bit lately in the forum and commented on a few pics. I never really had time to take photos nor faith in my ability. You guys set the bar PRETTY HIGH :)

But since I've posted my first pic I think it's time to stop lurking and start contributing :)

My name is Arni
I live in Iceland
I have two daughters 9 and 3
I work in the purchase department for the most popular computer store in Iceland. YEAH :)

btw I'm not going to apologize for the volcano since it was not my fault :) and we're still suffering from it's effects.

ToneGunsRevisited 07-27-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebird
btw I'm not going to apologize for the volcano since it was not my fault :) and we're still suffering from it's effects.

First time I saw someone apologizing for a VOLCANO!!! He didn't do many things, it only stopped airplanes from all the world :P.

WELCOME!

pinoyronin 08-09-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_at_Midnight
Wow! Bangkok-based! My new stomping grounds! I'll be back in Bangkok this August. BTW, where in BKK do you find a good selection of Joes? I would think ZEN at Central World, but that's now gone, and I have no clue the TRU there survived. Wow! Small world!

Sorry, I saw your post only now (haven't been visiting the forum for the past months).

Yeah, too bad about Zen and Central World.

The only G.I.Joes that made it here in Thailand are the ROC first wave figs and Alpha vehicles but that's it, no follow-up waves. No POCs either. You can still find some stocks (mostly Neo-Vipers, Destro, ec. and the Panther/Armadillo etc. in Siam Paragon's toy shop and in all branches of Central Malls.

If you are looking for 1:18 stuff, you might have better luck. Star Wars stuff, for one, are in abundance here. Marvel figs in 1:18 scale too.

Before it was burned down, the TRU in Central World had a lot of Hulk Humvees on sale at just 1,000 Baht each (roughly $30) and PTE Blackhawk and Raptor (each selling for 1,500 Baht). (I should have bought a Blackhawk at the time).

There is a hobby mall in Chinatown (Yaowarat) which offer 1:18 stuff (both loose and MOC). I went there only once almost two years ago. I saw some figures from the "Alien" films there (loose), like Ripley and the Marines. Some Bbi/Elite Force figures too.

I also saw a 25th Anniv cartoon Baroness and a Nemesis/Lt. Falcon comic pack (both MOCs); a bit overpriced though.

There are also toy shops at the top floor of MBK though they don't sell any G.I.Joe item in general. You might get lucky though and find a stray Joe or Cobra item.

Apart from these, I don't know any other shops selling G.I.Joe stuff. There is a small collectors community, though.

Hope this helps! :)

Otto the Otter 08-09-2010 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGirl
Thanks!!!

Hey, did you ever settle on a name for your youngling?