JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introductions....a bit overdue!! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3902)

fled74 03-09-2011 01:26 PM

Greetings!

Hi all,

Fled here signing in from Melbourne, Australia. 36 years old and still obsessed with toys, much to my wife's chagrin. My older daughter doesn't care, as long as she gets to play with Cover Girl and the Baroness.
I've been a longtime visitor here, drawing inspiration from all the great photos you guys have posted, and I finally decided to sign up yesterday.

I had 3 Joes growing up - Tunnel Rat and 2 Cobra troopers - which occupied every second of my childhood days. I liked Transformers too, but the toys were too expensive, so it was Joe all the way. I lost interest in them when I entered my teens, and my mother gave them away.

For the last 5 years I've been into 1/6 scale action figures, but my interest in 1/18 Joes was rekindled after the Rise of Cobra movie. I'm one of the few people who liked it - I bought the DVD and watch it once in a while.
Since then I've been building up my 1/18 collection and I've done a few customs which I hope to share with you soon.

The pickings are rather slim here in Australia - the few available figures are way overpriced, and the ones on sale are usually all gone before I get there. EvilBay has been my friend. :)

acmillerjr 03-15-2011 07:03 PM

Long winded autobiography

Hello everyone,
I have just recently joined though I have been a fan of all of your pictures for a while. I'm Tony, a 33 year old high school English teacher in Buffalo NY. I have been a Joe fan since childhood. In fact, I feel sad that kids today don't have the types of entertainment we 80's kids had. I always loved Joes because there were so many, and they were so much cheaper than just about anything else (K-Mart $2.97, Shipwreck was my first buy). My parents didn't have much cash, but Joes were in the budget. I never really had many vehicles or bases, just Joes. Really, what more do you need? Long story short, I was sickened to find that most of my Joes from my childhood were displaced. In the 90's, I had a nostalgic attack and I went through flea market mania to restore (pre ebay) my collection. I always said to myself as an adult with a salary that if they ever re released the Joe line, I would buy everything I saw. That's where we are. I am nuts about the 25th and ROC line. I have 2 sets of just about everything. 1 opened, 1 closed. Yes I have the vehicles too. I have always been unto modeling (HO trains) with scenery and mountains, but Joe dios have always been a passion. I try my hand with customs as well (Footloose, Dial tone, Cover Girl). I have a Joe diostory in the works. It's called "the search for Alpine" and the Joes are on it. Ironically that is my story too. He is the only figure I want and don't have.

SIC DETH 03-16-2011 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmillerjr
I have a Joe diostory in the works. It's called "the search for Alpine" and the Joes are on it. Ironically that is my story too. He is the only figure I want and don't have.

Welcome!!! You can find Alpine you just have to be willing to pay the price. lol

dancontrino 03-16-2011 05:12 AM

Welcome Miller and Fled!

Danish Dude 03-16-2011 04:49 PM

Hello everyone! I'm Nekoman's older brother. I have recently started taking photos after Neko left me with the camera a few times.

I typically go by the name of "Nagato-san" on the internet, but I let Nekoman set the account up, so he bequeathed me the name "Danish Dude" while I wasn't looking. :P

joetijuana 03-30-2011 12:27 PM

Pleasure to met you guys

Joe Tijuana

Marlon Sanchez

Ive been collecting joes seriously for about 10 years, I stopped for a couple of years due to a bad divorce

getting back in the swing of things little by little, I love dioramas and my passion is building playsets and customizing them for my joes

I love the 1983 to 2000 collection the most

I do like some of the new ones, Im missing quite a lot if anybody wants to take a chance on a newbie and cut me a good deal on stuff Im in the market so to speak.

I live in Tijuana Mexico, but Im a citizen of both Mexico and the USA

I love to post pictures so be on the look out for my stuff

Cheers !!

seyms 03-30-2011 01:17 PM

Welcome to JoeDios folks!!

neapolitan joe 03-30-2011 02:00 PM

Francesco, here!

My name is Francesco, 33 years from Naples (Napoli) Italy.
I'm a lawyer.
Me and my girlfriend collect joes on ebay since 2006.
I buy Joes since 1986!
I'm moderator with Snakeeyes ( http://www.joedios.com/forum/showth...02&page=6&pp=10 ) of the http://www.gijoeitalia.com/public/forum/index.php !
YO JOE!

Rambo 03-30-2011 03:29 PM

Bienvenido cuate Tijuana! Espero que hables español.

joetijuana 03-30-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
Bienvenido cuate Tijuana! Espero que hables español.

gracias bro y A HUEVO !!! que hablo espanol hehehe :D

raven73 05-05-2011 01:57 PM

Raven73 = Robert

Raven: from Norse legend of Odin had two ravens that flew all around the world observing everything. They would return at the end of the day and tell Odin what they observed. My quote is: I am the Raven and I observe all. 73 is my birthyear.

I've been here at JoeDios for a couple of years and just now introducing myself.

I am 37 (38 on June 10, 2011) and live in Tallassee, AL. I lived in Williamsburg, VA from December 1984 to December 2009. I had started a Joe collection around 1986 beginning with the Joe Battle Platform and Torpedo figure...that was an AWESOME Christmas! In middle school, I was bullied to give up all my Joe stuff. My parents asked where my Joe toys were and told them about the bullying. I got most of the stuff back, but some was busted, including most of a Snow Cat and a couple of parts on the Platform (my favorite Joe toy!) In the 90's I lost interest in Joes and TF's, but still kept a few Joe and TF toys tucked away. Got back into Joes with 2000-something GI Joe vs Cobra/Spy Toops. Beast Wars, then later Armada, got me back into Transformers. I've been building (IMO) an impressive Joe, TF, SW collection since. 2007, I got the idea to create comic stories with Reissue G1 TF's by superimposing toy pics over cartoon screen-caps. Then found JoeDios while searching texture graphics to use. JoeDios has been a godsend for me...many heartfelt thanks to the Moderators! The work that everyone is doing here is fantastic! The members are AWESOME! I don't have a single bad word for the site and the people here. I really like that everyone is more than willing to share ideas (thanks to Death for the ROC Jinx idea...she ROCKS!) with each other. I have always been artistic and creative, but never considered dioramas until I joined JoeDios.

---take a breath--- :eek:

Currently, at some level of progress, I have about a dozen Joe/TF stories going at the same time (manic-depressive disorder will do that to ya... :D ). Some, I'm having trouble developing the story beyond a cool scene, but a few are fleshing out excellently. It's all the set and prop building that takes time. In the near future be on the look out for the following stories:

From The Ashes...Joe diostory, basicly a retelling of ROC as a continuation of 80's GI Joe.

Venom Troops...Joe diostory telling my version of the creation of Venomous Maximus and the V-Troops.

The Jade Cat...Joe diostory telling of Cobra Commander gaining ancient powers to TRY to destroy GI Joe.

Ironclad...FTA prequel, Joe/Ironman crossover diostory.

Ghosts Of The Past...FTA sequel...Duke has left GI Joe!? oh, no! More to come.

And if it's alright to post TF stories...
Reborn...TF:Cybertron story retelling the beginning of the series in my own way.

---down from my soap box--- :D

Thanks for giving me my fifteen minutes :D to introduce myself, and enjoy all the great pics and positive feedback on my own work. Later!

nerdsgetchicks 06-19-2011 11:33 PM

Nerdsgetchicks

Hello all. I am new to the forums. I am on Hisstank and exclusive ARAH club.

Just wanted to look around.

neapolitan joe 06-20-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdsgetchicks
Hello all. I am new to the forums. I am on Hisstank and exclusive ARAH club.

Just wanted to look around.

Welcome here!

johnnyspirit 06-26-2011 03:11 PM

Better late than never!

I am John comer and native American!... Hence Johnny spirit ... (sounded better than Johnny dart or Johnny airborne) I am 32 married with an 18 month old son, live in MD where there seem to be no other collectors ... How I found joedios... Lifelong Joe fan and collector never gave it up ( my first joe was torch and the watch tower) I am no good with the forums , have been listening to the wojm podcast and got the idea from there to try to find likeminded fools

TR101AL 07-05-2011 08:59 PM

Intro's

I'm a long-time lurker, long-time customizer. Most folks will recognize me from Joecustoms.com. I'm 38 years-old, husband and father of 2 boys (7 and 9). I work in retail which is a story in itself. I started customizing years ago starting out with Star Wars, then Joes, and many, many more. My youngest son has caught the custom bug from his old man, and I hope to show our combined works here.

Oh yeah, my name is Brad Odom.

Jefehawk 08-11-2011 04:12 AM

CODE NAME: Jefehawk
FILE NAME: Jeff
PRIMARY SPECIALTIES: father of twin boys; sex assault/child abuse detective
SECONDARY SPECIALTIES:renewed Joe collector,Iowa football fan,whatever my boys do
BIRTHPLACE: Btown, Iowa

JEFEHAWK grew up playing with GI Joes till his mid-teens in Iowa until he put his collection in storage during his college age years to focus on school, sports, girls and finding a cop job.
After landing a career in law enforcement and having kids, JEFEHAWK had the idea of starting a collection of 25th anni Joes for his still infant children. That collection for his kids is now taking over the basement and the rumor is the collection seems more like it belongs to JEFEHAWK then his boys.

"I swear they are all for my boys.....I'm just not sure I will ever let them touch them."

Xhairs 08-16-2011 12:22 PM

not sure if i posted in here but here we go
names Xhairs aka sean and have been collecting joe & tf since the 80s. i have been customizing since i was a kind with mismatching parts and so on lol. i really got into customizing back in 2000 with the new sculpt and i haven't stop since. most ppl might know me from other sites. im 32 live with my dog. i just got done redoing my joe room.

Python Six 08-17-2011 02:39 PM

My name is Enrique Fernandez aka "Python Six".

Born and raised in New York City, I'm 32 years old and a fan of G.I.Joe.
For 4 and a half years, I worked for Strike Force Protective Services, a subsideary of USI Services Group Inc. I left that job due to overwhelming office politicking and constant policy changes that took place without notification, and which I thought was inappropriate.

For the last year and a half, I've worked in Dairy and Pastry delivery, working late-night to early morning, delivering to more that 50+ clients up and down both the eastside and westside of Manhattan.

80s Child 08-30-2011 11:58 AM

Hi

TwoOneEight 09-28-2011 04:16 AM

Intros

Yo Joe!

1) Be good to each other. You can agree, you can disagree, and you can agree to disagree but don't get personal about it. We're all friends here, and we're all fans so let's just leave it at that.

2) Swearing is not allowed in any post in the forums or when replying to pictures. This includes the description area of your picture(s). IF your picture and/or dio has swearing, fine. Please keep in mind that we wish this to be a PG/PG13 sort of site. If you have a ton of swearing in a dio, please try and post a warning as a courtesy.

3) Absolutely no sniping and personal attacks on any member. If there is a problem between board members, take it somewhere else.

4) Blatant trolling. I'll be blunt on this one-- I don't care if you post links to features/reviews/dios/etc at other sites. What I do care about are people who only pop up to promote their site and don't otherwise contribute to the community in any way. This is "trolling for traffic" and I think it's a pretty sleazy thing to do. If you want to post links to your own sites/customs/work/etc, that's great and I encourage it! However, just don't show up to promote yourself and then leave.

5) Enjoy yourself. It’s a place to share stories and images w/ people who have the same interest. It’s great that we have a place like this.

The "order of battle" for disciplinary action around here.

If anyone is found consistently and intentionally violating the spirit of the rules above, the following steps will be taken:

1) Written warning. Either via email or PM you'll be hearing from me with one of those "Cut the crap!" messages. Hopefully this will be enough-- otherwise we move to...

2) Banning. I've seen too many boards grow "out of control" because some people can't remember to respect others. I won't tolerate that here-- ever. Anyone who consistently decides that they can do whatever they want will have to do so elsewhere.

BTW…

If you feel the need to disrespect other board members, make blatant insults, etc, your posts are subject to a bit of an edit. However, you'll know the reasons for the edit and everyone will be able to see that the post has been altered.

By the by...

You want a 1-way ticket to getting banned w/ no warnings?

1. Steal pics from another site, post them here and say they are yours.

It's one thing to post your own stuff. It's another thing to post someone's stuff with their permission. (ie; hosting pics on your own account and posting it for the public) But taking a pic from another site and posting 'em, that's a no-no no matter where you're from.

2. Racism in any form.

and

comments on pics should ALWAYS be honest and polite...........if you find something that looks a bit 'off', a 'gentle' suggestion should be offered. Nothing like 'that pic sucks' or 'I hate that it's stupid' or along those lines.......

Don't sell yourself short on your own pics either! Let's be honest, YOU should know if a picture is 'decent'.......look at it this way, are you proud of what you did? Or are you doing it so you can say to your friends 'look what I crapped out and took a picture of!'? Time and patience will show through your pics all by themselves. And if you get frustrated, don't be afraid to ASK!

Now I don't expect everyone to be able to take the same level of pics, it depends on so many things....camera, speed, surroundings, theme and the most important part........each individual!! Again, it all boils down to each person taking pride in what they are doing..........I mean it is your name attached to each shot!

So, take time and have patience...and just follow your mother's advice 'be respectful'...everyone can benefit from something and you'll be churning out brillant work in no time!!!

And

Some of the newer folks might NOT remember this particular ruling, but the JD has a 3-picture posting limit.

Either space 'em out or if you are trying to tell a story, sometimes it's best to host the shots yourself and make a post in the forum. I am deleting random shots if you are over the 3-shots in a row limit. Please try and let others post too.

Talon 11-07-2011 07:07 AM

Geez, I can't believe I didn't post in this thread yet. Well, better late than never...
I'm Brad, 34 from Cranberry Township, PA (Go Steelers!!!!!) USAF Veteran 16 years, prior Aircraft Mechanic now Mental Health Technician. For Civilian work, I work tech support for a Cell Phone Company. Married, no kids yet, but since the wife graduated college and got a job, we are now talking about looking for a house and moving. This will enable me to set up the Joe Room, and hopefully set up a dio- taking area. Have been collecting since 84, took a break from 90-93, collected a little in 94, and got back in in 97 and haven't stopped. In 97, I also started customizing and have done more than 1000 customs. I hope for a Joe room where I can set up my customs for viewing and eventual pic taking

neapolitan joe 11-07-2011 01:23 PM

Welcome "Ace"!

emtivmike 11-07-2011 04:49 PM

Hi, I'm Mike, from Tennessee. I live in Lebanon, just outside of Nashville. I have been re-collecting since my 13 year old son was about 1 or 2, and we both collect together. We collect mostly Joes, but we are into most everything 1:18th scale. I am currently working on my EMT-IV, and hope to be on an ambulance soon. Really enjoy the group and am thankful for an outlet to display some of my ideas.

Cobra rules 11-08-2011 05:19 AM

welcome to Joe dios Mike. It's always good to have a couple of new volunteers in the mix.

solid snake 11-24-2011 11:27 AM

Hi from Argentina

Hi there from Argentina. Mi name is Matias (Solid Snake).
Im a graphic designer and big fan from photograpy and gijoes (nice mix!).
I always read the forum and enjoy the dioramas that all of you make (witch are greate!).
I hope you guys like my photos and i am looking forward to lern about these amazing hobby.

Snake out.

PS: Sorry for my english.

TwoOneEight 11-24-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid snake
Hi there from Argentina. Mi name is Matias (Solid Snake).
Im a graphic designer and big fan from photograpy and gijoes (nice mix!).
I always read the forum and enjoy the dioramas that all of you make (witch are greate!).
I hope you guys like my photos and i am looking forward to lern about these amazing hobby.

Snake out.

PS: Sorry for my english.

welcome Matias!

neapolitan joe 11-24-2011 01:18 PM

El 10...

Welcome my friend!
Here in Naples we had an "argentinian friend"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_PP7QJwNpM

Long hunter 12-29-2011 09:28 PM

The Long Wait is over!

Hey there folks!

Been comming to Joedios for years always checkin it out then i said after all this time i should get my butt in gear and make an account!

Ive made dios in the past but they turned out bad and were not picture worthy
I just hope i can improve my skills the talent on here is breath taking!

-Long Hunter

neapolitan joe 12-30-2011 07:55 AM

Hi!

Welcome!

buzzer1979 01-31-2012 01:34 PM

hello All

hey everyone i just wanted to say great site..i've been coming here for a while but never posted before..my names matt im from new jersey love collecting joes and some marvel too..i got some really great tips and dio ideas from this greatte so i just wanted to post some of them and see what you guys think..any feedback would be great..

TwoOneEight 01-31-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzer1979
hey everyone i just wanted to say great site..i've been coming here for a while but never posted before..my names matt im from new jersey love collecting joes and some marvel too..i got some really great tips and dio ideas from this greatte so i just wanted to post some of them and see what you guys think..any feedback would be great..

welcome! :)

neapolitan joe 02-01-2012 05:45 AM

Buzzer...

Welcome!

buzzer1979 02-02-2012 12:36 PM

thanks for the welcome guys!!hope we can all talk more about joes and dios..

Night Fox 04-02-2012 05:32 PM

Hello to all!
I love this site and come to visit almost daily for years, just lurking and nothing more. But I decided it was the time for me to interact AND learn! I really love joe photography and some of you are true ARTISTS on it! I have some cool ideas to take my pics, but it's very hard for me to have access to good locations...well, I hope to post something related to a review in the next few days.
Just want to salute everybody!

TwoOneEight 04-02-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fox
Hello to all!
I love this site and come to visit almost daily for years, just lurking and nothing more. But I decided it was the time for me to interact AND learn! I really love joe photography and some of you are true ARTISTS on it! I have some cool ideas to take my pics, but it's very hard for me to have access to good locations...well, I hope to post something related to a review in the next few days.

Welcome to JoeDios Night Fox!
Make yourself at home. Enjoy the pics and feel free to post yours.
Just have fun! :)

Night Fox 04-03-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOneEight
Welcome to JoeDios Night Fox!
Make yourself at home. Enjoy the pics and feel free to post yours.
Just have fun! :)

Thanks for the wellcome!

neapolitan joe 04-04-2012 03:54 AM

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fox
Hello to all!

Welcome on Joedios!

The Willoughbian 04-11-2012 09:21 PM

Greetings. Nice site you have here. I have been checking it for out for a couple of months. I figured I'd take a moment to express my appreciation. I was way into G.I. Joe as a kid (this was back in the 80,s). I lost interest the first time I heard Serpentor yell, "Cobra! La La La La La!" (I took G.I. Joe rather seriously and that was just to much to bear. not to mention after that G.I. Joe took an unrealistic turn as far as the toys went). I Got back into it because of the Resolute movie (Snake Eyes is a bad dude in that) and the Pursuit of Cobra figures. Anyhow, someone mentioned this site on an another forum and I have been digging it ever since. The really nice thing is that there are no crazy banner ads flashing at me and taking forever to load, which makes me think this site is privately funded, which is a nice thing for someone to do, because this is a really cool site, lots of talented artists doing something for fun and I think that's just fine.

Sincerely,
Dave G.

Night Fox 04-12-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Willoughbian
Greetings. Nice site you have here. I have been checking it for out for a couple of months. I figured I'd take a moment to express my appreciation. I was way into G.I. Joe as a kid (this was back in the 80,s). I lost interest the first time I heard Serpentor yell, "Cobra! La La La La La!" (I took G.I. Joe rather seriously and that was just to much to bear. not to mention after that G.I. Joe took an unrealistic turn as far as the toys went). I Got back into it because of the Resolute movie (Snake Eyes is a bad dude in that) and the Pursuit of Cobra figures. Anyhow, someone mentioned this site on an another forum and I have been digging it ever since. The really nice thing is that there are no crazy banner ads flashing at me and taking forever to load, which makes me think this site is privately funded, which is a nice thing for someone to do, because this is a really cool site, lots of talented artists doing something for fun and I think that's just fine.

Sincerely,
Dave G.

Wellcome aboard!

neapolitan joe 04-13-2012 06:07 AM

Yo Joe!

Welcome!