JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introductions....a bit overdue!! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3902)

HK-47 08-16-2010 06:49 PM

Hello to All

Hi, I have been a constant visitor to this wonderful site for some time and have been amazed by the quality, quantity and dedication of its members to GI Joe and toys in general.

I live in Honduras and have been seriously collecting for the past fifteen years, mostly Star Wars and recently GI Joe. There is a very dedicated but small community of collectors here but there are no dedicated toy stores, and most of the purchases come from the Internet.

I will upload some photos of my collections and some simple customs. Hopefully you will excuse the poor quality of the pictures, but photography is not my strong suit and my digital camera is an old Sony DSC-P31 with just 2MP. Maybe next year I will buy a better camera.

Regards,

rnrhero 08-16-2010 07:21 PM

Welcome Hk. Hope you enjoy the site.

Rambo 08-16-2010 09:14 PM

Welcome in HK! Do you speak Spanish?

Death_at_Midnight 08-16-2010 09:17 PM

Hello from Thailand HK-47!

Strider1147 08-17-2010 08:10 AM

Hey, My name is A.J. and I have been collecting Joes for sometime now. I used to collect Star wars, Indiana Jones, Narnia, and Iron man figures. I just recently found this site acouple of months ago and its AWESOME!!!! When I found this site, I had never posted or taken a piture of Joes. Than changed soon enough..... I also Love making cardboard,stryofoam buildings and what not. I currently live in MO and I am still in middle school..... :D

Death_at_Midnight 08-17-2010 08:40 AM

Welcome Strider 1147!

HK-47 08-17-2010 01:37 PM

Thank you rnrhero, Rambo and Death_at_Midnight. And Rambo, yes si hablo espaņol :D .

Welcome to the site Strider 1147.

Regards,

dancontrino 08-17-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47
Thank you rnrhero, Rambo and Death_at_Midnight. And Rambo, yes si hablo espaņol :D .

Regards,

Welcome Strider and HK :) I'll have to check out your buildings, HK. Tracker and Samsallpark and Nekoman are some resident geniuses at papaer and cardstock structures. Check out their pics.

Strider1147 08-17-2010 03:11 PM

As to you too HK!!! :D

Rambo 08-17-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47

Regards,

Que bien! Ya somos dos.

jogunwarrior 08-19-2010 11:16 AM

Greetings, My name is Jonah. Though I've been into GI Joe since the early eighties, I hadn't discovered JoeDios till just this week. For a while I spent a lot of time making custom figures, and spent a lot of time on joecustoms.com, but lost touch with the hobby the last few years. Just recently I have begun cataloguing my collection, which includes taking dio style pics, so finding this site is perfect timing for me.
My photo's are not nearly as cool as the ones I see on this site, everyone here does excellent work, but maybe I'll post a few for some pointers.

I have a wonderful wife, and the two most beautiful children in the world. And aside from collecting GI Joe's, I also collect Transformers and comic books. I have even delved into the realm of self publishing comics.

I look forward to honing my dio skills here. Thank you!

Death_at_Midnight 08-19-2010 10:15 PM

Welcome!

MAJOR BLOOD 08-29-2010 10:39 PM

What's up everyone. I joined up a while back but finally have gotten to posting. I gotta' say, the diorama's here are amazing! I'm not much of a customizer but I love to make dio's. Someone from another place I frequent said I should make my way here and now I am. Hope you like them as much as I'm liking what I see here.

PFunk 09-06-2010 11:23 AM

Name: Chuck

Well...I'm from Texas...just about sums it up, don't it?

Seriously, I am a high school science teacher in central Texas. I have a BS in Wildlife Biology from Texas A&M where I was a member of the Corps of Cadets. Believe it or not, I started out in the legal department of a major mobile phone company (one of the big ones) and I worked as a liason with law enforcement. When that job started to drift into some uncomfortable stuff I didn't want to do, I quit. Didn't want to subject my new bride to stuff she wanted nothing to do with. Let's just say it bordered on intelligence work. I could tell you what I did, but then I'd have to bore you to death.

When I don't teach, play with my son or coach six-man football in our little, tiny town, I hunt and fish. Right now, it's dove season. Did ya'll know reloading shells is stinkin' expensive? Used to be the way to go when I was a kid.

I have two children, one daughter, one son and the son is why I'm into GI Joe again. He's six, and he's an absolute GI Joe NUT. He saw Rise of Cobra and my life has never been the same since. My wonderful, beautiful, long suffering wife realizes she now has TWO action figure/comic book geeks living with her. She shakes her head and mumbles a lot. Hey, I don't interrupt her when she's doing her craft stuff.

I have been disappointed in the latest vehicles for GI Joe, so I'm doing a lot of customizing, and the main reason I'm here is for advice and tutelage to help me get the most out of my money for my son and I to play with stuff. We don't collect to look at, we have wars in the living room.

I just finished my first custom since 1988 and I've posted it here for critique and advice.

God's blessings,

pfunk

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJOR BLOOD
What's up everyone. I joined up a while back but finally have gotten to posting. I gotta' say, the diorama's here are amazing! I'm not much of a customizer but I love to make dio's. Someone from another place I frequent said I should make my way here and now I am. Hope you like them as much as I'm liking what I see here.

Welcome Major Blood!

I'm curious, which site was it that referred you to JoeDios?

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk

Seriously, I am a high school science teacher in central Texas. I have a BS in Wildlife Biology from Texas A&M where I was a member of the Corps of Cadets. Believe it or not, I started out in the legal department of a major mobile phone company (one of the big ones) and I worked as a liason with law enforcement. When that job started to drift into some uncomfortable stuff I didn't want to do, I quit. Didn't want to subject my new bride to stuff she wanted nothing to do with. Let's just say it bordered on intelligence work. I could tell you what I did, but then I'd have to bore you to death.

When I don't teach, play with my son or coach six-man football in our little, tiny town, I hunt and fish. Right now, it's dove season. Did ya'll know reloading shells is stinkin' expensive? Used to be the way to go when I was a kid.

I have two children, one daughter, one son and the son is why I'm into GI Joe again. He's six, and he's an absolute GI Joe NUT. He saw Rise of Cobra and my life has never been the same since. My wonderful, beautiful, long suffering wife realizes she now has TWO action figure/comic book geeks living with her. She shakes her head and mumbles a lot. Hey, I don't interrupt her when she's doing her craft stuff.

I have been disappointed in the latest vehicles for GI Joe, so I'm doing a lot of customizing, and the main reason I'm here is for advice and tutelage to help me get the most out of my money for my son and I to play with stuff. We don't collect to look at, we have wars in the living room.

I just finished my first custom since 1988 and I've posted it here for critique and advice.

God's blessings,

pfunk

Welcome PFunk! Good to see another Dad in the house! I have an 8 year old son myself, and we play Joes together as well. It is like reliving my childhood.

Hammerfel

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 11:49 AM

Hey PFunk, can you reply with a link to your image of the custom you made? Lots of photos get posted pretty fast here, and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Hammerfel

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogunwarrior
Greetings, My name is Jonah. Though I've been into GI Joe since the early eighties, I hadn't discovered JoeDios till just this week. For a while I spent a lot of time making custom figures, and spent a lot of time on joecustoms.com, but lost touch with the hobby the last few years. Just recently I have begun cataloguing my collection, which includes taking dio style pics, so finding this site is perfect timing for me.
My photo's are not nearly as cool as the ones I see on this site, everyone here does excellent work, but maybe I'll post a few for some pointers.

I have a wonderful wife, and the two most beautiful children in the world. And aside from collecting GI Joe's, I also collect Transformers and comic books. I have even delved into the realm of self publishing comics.

I look forward to honing my dio skills here. Thank you!

Welcome, Jonah! It's great to see more family people joining the site! I collect Joes, Transformers and comics as well, and have a wife and 8 year old son. Joes, and JoeDios are a big part of family fun. :) My son had a giggle fit when he found out my Snake Eyes figure took a dive into a waterfall and swam away forever. :)

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfel
Hey PFunk, can you reply with a link to your image of the custom you made? Lots of photos get posted pretty fast here, and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Hammerfel

Here it is!

http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4313

Agent Viper 09-06-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk

God's blessings,

pfunk

Chuck, and from Texas?

Walker, Texas Ranger? :p

footloose 09-07-2010 02:01 PM

my names footloose.. im back from a 3 day departure from joedios :)
however i couldnt stay away.. joedios is like crack to me.. its that goood.

rds13601 09-07-2010 04:42 PM

Introductions

Hi, I'm Russ. After taking Urban Saboteur's suggestion I kept listening to Hum's Stars. If you see Jennifer, tell her I still love her.

footloose 09-07-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds13601
Hi, I'm Russ. After taking Urban Saboteur's suggestion I kept listening to Hum's Stars. If you see Jennifer, tell her I still love her.

i think she missed the train to mars.. and is out back counting stars

UKJoeFan 09-26-2010 02:29 PM

Hello From UK Newbie!!!

HI everyone UKJOEFAN Here,

Am compeltely new to this have been collecting joes for about a year but no Arts or Photo skills so trying my best lol

SerialPhoenix 09-26-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKJoeFan
HI everyone UKJOEFAN Here,

Am compeltely new to this have been collecting joes for about a year but no Arts or Photo skills so trying my best lol

Welcome to the site! You sound a lot like myself, I'm still pretty new here too. I'm still trying to improve my techniques and skills as well so don't feel alone.

djv 09-27-2010 02:59 PM

hi, I guess I will make a proper introduction. my name is djv, I live in the pacific northwest. I have been here for quite a while but I come and go. mostly I post things on Broca Blutch, which are less funny than the things the site's other authors write.

it is good to meet all of you, yo joe

Hammerfel 09-28-2010 12:33 PM

Welcome to our new and returning members! =)

Beast from the east 10-02-2010 01:49 PM

Hi

MAJOR BLOOD 10-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfel
Welcome Major Blood!

I'm curious, which site was it that referred you to JoeDios?

I was actually referred here from a few members on the fighting 1:18th. It's a nice small community there and we all are pretty critical of each others work. Rick who has joined recently is from there and him and another members outside shots are what lit a fire under my a$$.

Turner also made some comments to me at HT about putting some pics up over here. I usually put my shots up on all three places now.

turner 10-12-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJOR BLOOD
I was actually referred here from a few members on the fighting 1:18th. It's a nice small community there and we all are pretty critical of each others work. Rick who has joined recently is from there and him and another members outside shots are what lit a fire under my a$$.

Turner also made some comments to me at HT about putting some pics up over here. I usually put my shots up on all three places now.

Yeah, man, when I saw you were getting into the photography, I immediately thought about joedios. These guys know joe photography!

sgcaper 10-17-2010 02:37 PM

I may have posted when I joined but I figured I'd jump on and introduce myself again.

I'm a high school science teacher. I also teach a class on making comics and cartoons and I run the action figure club where students learn how to customize.

I've been customizing since I was a kid but got back into it about 5 years ago.

My photo skills are good. My issue is time. I have very little time to take photos. I also lack room. I made a few sets over the years but storage is a pain. I'm working on a few dio sets for backgrounds in pics for my new site but it's going slow.

Well that's about all for me.

pbarny1701 10-17-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcaper
I'm a high school science teacher. I also teach a class on making comics and cartoons and I run the action figure club where students learn how to customize.

Bless you sir! (Or is it curse you?) As a practicing research scientist I get to train a new undergraduate every year in my boss' small lab.

Rick 10-18-2010 08:32 PM

introduction

Hello Everybody. Well I only started doing this stuff at the begining of this year. Was a hobbyist as a kid, but once I found chicks, beer and sports I drifted until this past Christmas when I bought a present for a friends son. I've been searching through pegs ever since.

Joined the fighting 118th in early spring mainly because I never really followed GI Joe and felt a little intimidated. Nice small community over there like Major Blood said more into the scale than any one brand. Joes sort of has the best to offer so now that I'm a little more familiar with story line and characters I decided to take Tracker & Major Bloods advice to check you guys out.

I love customs and dio's. Have my own story in my head and try to mesh with GI Joe world. Still haveing trouble accepting Cobra blue and Red, but I'll get over it surely.

Thanks for all the kind comments and please feel free to tell me if something stinks. I have thick skin.

MAJOR BLOOD 10-22-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Hello Everybody. Well I only started doing this stuff at the begining of this year. Was a hobbyist as a kid, but once I found chicks, beer and sports I drifted until this past Christmas when I bought a present for a friends son. I've been searching through pegs ever since.

Joined the fighting 118th in early spring mainly because I never really followed GI Joe and felt a little intimidated. Nice small community over there like Major Blood said more into the scale than any one brand. Joes sort of has the best to offer so now that I'm a little more familiar with story line and characters I decided to take Tracker & Major Bloods advice to check you guys out.

I love customs and dio's. Have my own story in my head and try to mesh with GI Joe world. Still haveing trouble accepting Cobra blue and Red, but I'll get over it surely.

Thanks for all the kind comments and please feel free to tell me if something stinks. I have thick skin.

Glad you made it over Rick. Your work is top notch and your cardboard architecture is simply amazing.

dracconian 11-02-2010 10:25 AM

hi everyone.
im 33 and from sweden.
i work at one of swedens bigger internet service providers as second line support for the moment.
been browsing the site for a long time before i registered and started posting anything.

iver collected for about a year now maybe more im not sure.
im sort of a creative person i paint and draw and try almost everything i can think of to be creative.

i got into diorama building a while back and slipped into this site.
my stepparents threw my shit out on some fleamarket and while visiting this site i got this huge loss over the fact they sold my gi joe figures.

i held them dear to my heart so i figured i would buy it all back.
the idea was to combine diorama making with the figures.

its been slow and hard work..and finally after manny overpayed broken gijoes realised that its more logic to go for the 25th series so i can get them in better condition.
and i feel it was a wise choice no more disappointed broken rusten glued figures with hidden defects.

i have been creating bakgrounds and stuff for a dio story for almost a year.
its gonna be huge.
i dont post pics of it for im saving it for the story.
its really annoying.
started to write a story line but its not done yet.
i suck at taking pictures have a i learned in the process :))

the more i think of the story the more figures and stuff i need so i feel like im never really getting there in a way.

im trying to get into sculpting and later on casting stuff in plastics but it doesnt seem to be easy for me so the learning curve is high but time will tell.

gijoe collecting is kinda of a way to brighten up the grey boring everyday work eat sleep cycle for me.

its a lot todo before i can launch my dio so i will try to learn to post more often smaller pictures i need the practice with the camera.

i just wish to thank everyone on this site for sharing their knowledge and fantasy and creative inner child.

i think the world would be a alot more fun place if everyone did just that :)
thank you for your time.

nando 11-20-2010 09:20 AM

back in action

Hi people , well im back in action , back to the hobbie , for the people that doesnt know me im Nando ( well Fernando) from Lima , PERU ,a big joe fan thanks , hope u like mi pics :cool:

CPO 12-11-2010 01:29 PM

Hello!

Hello Everyone!

I go by CPO, and i just recently discovered your site. I enjoy making customs, and i have started to dabble in dios and action shots. Seeing the work here, i know i have a long way to go, but that's part of the fun, right? :D

I normally hang out at TheTerrordrome, but i'd like to share some of my work here that i am proud of, and get some advice as i start creating dios and scenes...

Thanks!

Reverend Blood 12-16-2010 05:35 AM

Hey everyone, Rev here.
I've been stalking this site for a few years now, with ideas floating in my head that I never took the time to bring to life. Well, my early new year's resolution for 2011 is to stop thinking about it and make it happen, so i finally joined, and will hopefully be making submissions regularly.
I'm also hoping to bring my dio story to life and put it up on my page.

I'll be bugging everyone here for advice as well :)

Agent Viper 12-16-2010 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Blood
Hey everyone, Rev here.
I've been stalking this site for a few years now, with ideas floating in my head that I never took the time to bring to life. Well, my early new year's resolution for 2011 is to stop thinking about it and make it happen, so i finally joined, and will hopefully be making submissions regularly.
I'm also hoping to bring my dio story to life and put it up on my page.

I'll be bugging everyone here for advice as well :)

Great to meet you!

Glad to know JD is a part of your resolution :D

Stereoevil 03-05-2011 07:05 PM

nice to meet you all

i just wanted to say hello and that i love the site, great ideas and this has gotten me back into "playing" with my joes again. thanks all.