JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you want to see in dio stories? (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4826)

figureware 06-19-2012 06:58 PM

Sneak peak

I have put sneak peaks of QK and SS under collections as well as the Little Tokyo set!

I would love to see someone pull off a remake Dio story! I would love to do a dio version of "Countdown for Zartan"!

lehsreh 06-21-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by figureware

I would love to see someone pull off a remake Dio story! I would love to do a dio version of "Countdown for Zartan"!

I have thought about that a lot. and Countdown for Zartan would be a great one to use. Also the Cobra Quake one with QK and Bazooka.

Ctrl_Z 06-22-2012 11:48 AM

This thread gives me some good insight. Everyone seems to have different preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCards
Like: 1) When Cobra Commander, and Cobra overall, are made to look like real bad-ass threats and not just a bunch of morons like in the cartoon.
2) When the good-guys don't always win.

What about in mine where it's mainly told from the pov of Cobra. Would they be considered the good guys/protagonists?

I've also heard people say they mainly like non-sequitur stuff. Or maybe I just suck at story telling...

For me, I just like reading online comics and dio stories are my favorite of the group. But, I guess it'd be important that it be easy to read. ex: if I can make out the text; the text bubbles are in an order that are easy to follow; has clear photos. If there's interesting character development then that's a major plus. That over rides story telling as a reader.

figureware 06-24-2012 02:02 PM

Cobra POV

I like the idea of dio stories being told from several points of view. I would like to see someone do a story...and back story of a Cobra trooper. just an everyday down on his luck poor sucker who decides Cobra is the direction for him!

lehsreh 06-24-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:
I like the idea of dio stories being told from several points of view. I would like to see someone do a story...and back story of a Cobra trooper. just an everyday down on his luck poor sucker who decides Cobra is the direction for him!

I have thought about this, a lot actually. and doing one from a green shirt POV. But it would be a lot of work doing the sets. Mainly because I would want to show then training. But if you're looking, you need to try and find 2 done by Frank Nash and Shane Welin. They did 2 about troopers, about the training and what made them decide to join Cobra. Great stories IMO.

Reverend Blood 06-24-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

http://enderswars.yolasite.com/

Check out the DIOS section, it has an amazing story of a Cobra "basic training" unit. Ender used to be one of the best here until the dramagate a couple years back ran him and most of the other good guys off.

lehsreh 06-24-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Blood

Check out the DIOS section, it has an amazing story of a Cobra "basic training" unit. Ender used to be one of the best here until the dramagate a couple years back ran him and most of the other good guys off.

That is the dio story I was talking about. And yes, he and most of the others that made this a great place are now gone. For what reason I do not know for sure. It all happened when I took a break from Joes. I still have them on Facebook though, there still doing the same ol' Joe thing.

figureware 06-25-2012 08:48 AM

Good stuff

Im reading a whole bunch of good stuff and getting inspired at the same time! Im a little ways away from even choosing my next project! I do my dio comics beginning middle end...Im noticing many people load them up two or three pages at a time under the dio section...does this make it easier for people to read? I really like the idea that when people click on my link they get to read a complete story.

seyms 06-25-2012 10:12 AM

For me, context is everything in a dio story. The underlying reasons for Joe or Cobra doing what they do, an individual's reasons (or fortune/misfortune) for ending up where they are, the wider context in which all of that develops . The richness of the stories I like to see is in the realisation that "heros can be in the mentalities of both sides" and that nothing is black and white.

figureware 07-12-2012 07:02 PM

Im wondering whos going to do an interpretation of Retaliation before the movie hits?