JoeDios.com Forums

JoeDios.com Forums (https://www.joedios.com/forum/index.php)
-   JoeDioes.com Forum (https://www.joedios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introductions....a bit overdue!! (https://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3902)

jogunwarrior 08-19-2010 11:16 AM

Greetings, My name is Jonah. Though I've been into GI Joe since the early eighties, I hadn't discovered JoeDios till just this week. For a while I spent a lot of time making custom figures, and spent a lot of time on joecustoms.com, but lost touch with the hobby the last few years. Just recently I have begun cataloguing my collection, which includes taking dio style pics, so finding this site is perfect timing for me.
My photo's are not nearly as cool as the ones I see on this site, everyone here does excellent work, but maybe I'll post a few for some pointers.

I have a wonderful wife, and the two most beautiful children in the world. And aside from collecting GI Joe's, I also collect Transformers and comic books. I have even delved into the realm of self publishing comics.

I look forward to honing my dio skills here. Thank you!

Death_at_Midnight 08-19-2010 10:15 PM

Welcome!

MAJOR BLOOD 08-29-2010 10:39 PM

What's up everyone. I joined up a while back but finally have gotten to posting. I gotta' say, the diorama's here are amazing! I'm not much of a customizer but I love to make dio's. Someone from another place I frequent said I should make my way here and now I am. Hope you like them as much as I'm liking what I see here.

PFunk 09-06-2010 11:23 AM

Name: Chuck

Well...I'm from Texas...just about sums it up, don't it?

Seriously, I am a high school science teacher in central Texas. I have a BS in Wildlife Biology from Texas A&M where I was a member of the Corps of Cadets. Believe it or not, I started out in the legal department of a major mobile phone company (one of the big ones) and I worked as a liason with law enforcement. When that job started to drift into some uncomfortable stuff I didn't want to do, I quit. Didn't want to subject my new bride to stuff she wanted nothing to do with. Let's just say it bordered on intelligence work. I could tell you what I did, but then I'd have to bore you to death.

When I don't teach, play with my son or coach six-man football in our little, tiny town, I hunt and fish. Right now, it's dove season. Did ya'll know reloading shells is stinkin' expensive? Used to be the way to go when I was a kid.

I have two children, one daughter, one son and the son is why I'm into GI Joe again. He's six, and he's an absolute GI Joe NUT. He saw Rise of Cobra and my life has never been the same since. My wonderful, beautiful, long suffering wife realizes she now has TWO action figure/comic book geeks living with her. She shakes her head and mumbles a lot. Hey, I don't interrupt her when she's doing her craft stuff.

I have been disappointed in the latest vehicles for GI Joe, so I'm doing a lot of customizing, and the main reason I'm here is for advice and tutelage to help me get the most out of my money for my son and I to play with stuff. We don't collect to look at, we have wars in the living room.

I just finished my first custom since 1988 and I've posted it here for critique and advice.

God's blessings,

pfunk

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJOR BLOOD
What's up everyone. I joined up a while back but finally have gotten to posting. I gotta' say, the diorama's here are amazing! I'm not much of a customizer but I love to make dio's. Someone from another place I frequent said I should make my way here and now I am. Hope you like them as much as I'm liking what I see here.

Welcome Major Blood!

I'm curious, which site was it that referred you to JoeDios?

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk

Seriously, I am a high school science teacher in central Texas. I have a BS in Wildlife Biology from Texas A&M where I was a member of the Corps of Cadets. Believe it or not, I started out in the legal department of a major mobile phone company (one of the big ones) and I worked as a liason with law enforcement. When that job started to drift into some uncomfortable stuff I didn't want to do, I quit. Didn't want to subject my new bride to stuff she wanted nothing to do with. Let's just say it bordered on intelligence work. I could tell you what I did, but then I'd have to bore you to death.

When I don't teach, play with my son or coach six-man football in our little, tiny town, I hunt and fish. Right now, it's dove season. Did ya'll know reloading shells is stinkin' expensive? Used to be the way to go when I was a kid.

I have two children, one daughter, one son and the son is why I'm into GI Joe again. He's six, and he's an absolute GI Joe NUT. He saw Rise of Cobra and my life has never been the same since. My wonderful, beautiful, long suffering wife realizes she now has TWO action figure/comic book geeks living with her. She shakes her head and mumbles a lot. Hey, I don't interrupt her when she's doing her craft stuff.

I have been disappointed in the latest vehicles for GI Joe, so I'm doing a lot of customizing, and the main reason I'm here is for advice and tutelage to help me get the most out of my money for my son and I to play with stuff. We don't collect to look at, we have wars in the living room.

I just finished my first custom since 1988 and I've posted it here for critique and advice.

God's blessings,

pfunk

Welcome PFunk! Good to see another Dad in the house! I have an 8 year old son myself, and we play Joes together as well. It is like reliving my childhood.

Hammerfel

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 11:49 AM

Hey PFunk, can you reply with a link to your image of the custom you made? Lots of photos get posted pretty fast here, and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Hammerfel

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogunwarrior
Greetings, My name is Jonah. Though I've been into GI Joe since the early eighties, I hadn't discovered JoeDios till just this week. For a while I spent a lot of time making custom figures, and spent a lot of time on joecustoms.com, but lost touch with the hobby the last few years. Just recently I have begun cataloguing my collection, which includes taking dio style pics, so finding this site is perfect timing for me.
My photo's are not nearly as cool as the ones I see on this site, everyone here does excellent work, but maybe I'll post a few for some pointers.

I have a wonderful wife, and the two most beautiful children in the world. And aside from collecting GI Joe's, I also collect Transformers and comic books. I have even delved into the realm of self publishing comics.

I look forward to honing my dio skills here. Thank you!

Welcome, Jonah! It's great to see more family people joining the site! I collect Joes, Transformers and comics as well, and have a wife and 8 year old son. Joes, and JoeDios are a big part of family fun. :) My son had a giggle fit when he found out my Snake Eyes figure took a dive into a waterfall and swam away forever. :)

Hammerfel 09-06-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfel
Hey PFunk, can you reply with a link to your image of the custom you made? Lots of photos get posted pretty fast here, and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Hammerfel

Here it is!

http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4313

Agent Viper 09-06-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk

God's blessings,

pfunk

Chuck, and from Texas?

Walker, Texas Ranger? :p