PDA

View Full Version : The 25th Anniversary Set!

Sonneilon
05-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Let's cut to the crap, yo.

snakeeater
05-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I didn't vote cause there didn't seem to be an applicable choice. When I saw the first 10, I thought the looked pretty cool. The Joe set is really cool, and probably has the best Snake Eyes ever. The COBRA set I'm less into as I don't think those are the best versions of Cobra Commander and Destro, and I got more than enough COBRA troopers from the Infantry packs a few years ago.

Then when 4 of the next 5 characters was duplicates from the first 10, I started losing interest. Then I see that there will be what looks like Satan, a foreign repaint of Stormshadow. This is probably one of the few characters I outright hate in the comic, so seeing his figure kind of blows, especially when they could have released so many other more deserving characters.

I'll probably get the Joe 5 pack, but other than that I'm either not really into the characters in the set, or I have enough other versions of them already. I hope it's successful and they produce more cool characters, but I was way more excited about DTC wave 4 with Falcon and Night Vipers.

General Scarlett
05-12-2007, 01:20 PM
OK, first off............Graham, I'm sending you the cleaning bill for my shirt..........your new avatar was damned funny when you posted it on JBL........but whenever I came back over here and saw that it actually WAS your new avatar?????

You BASTICHE!!!! I lost my coffee ALL OVER MYSELF!~!~!

@$$monkey!!!! :p :D :p :D :p

I'm not sure how to vote yet...........although I was tempted to click the 'I thought this was spam' choice...............I'll reserve my vote, for now.............

*Now where in the hell is my club soder??!?*

ender098
05-12-2007, 01:45 PM
[color=black]I gotta agree with snake eater.....I'm happy Hasbro[/color][color=black] is putting so much into relaunching the line, but c'mon! How many[/color][color=black] repaints and new molds of the same old same old can you make? When they show me Wraith, Firewall or someone who already hasn't been made into a figure DURING MARVELS run, I'll be impressed. I have almost all of the figures 1982-1991. So for me, the remakes are a waste of time and money. If I didn't have a huge collection and was missing most of the 1982-1986 collection, I'd be excited! [/color]

Outrider
05-12-2007, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=ender098][color=black]How many[/color][color=black] repaints and new molds of the same old same old can you make? When they show me Wraith, Firewall or someone who already hasn't been made into a figure DURING MARVELS run, I'll be impressed. I have almost all of the figures 1982-1991. So for me, the remakes are a waste of time and money. If I didn't have a huge collection and was missing most of the 1982-1986 collection, I'd be excited! [/color][/QUOTE]

Snake Eyes #48...Cobra Commander #39...etc,etc, ad nauseum. I'm with you Frank. Give me some cool new stuff and I'll happily part with my hard-earned. Until then, I'll save my cash. :rolleyes:

Swindle
05-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I've seen enough of Destro and Scarlett to get a sense of what the toys will be like. They are a mixed bag.

I already know which ones I will be buying most likely. Will buy some, will not buy others.

Self-Modifier
05-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I've never in my entire life, even as a child growing up in the 80s, used the word "rad." However, I chose the "dawg, they're rad!" option. I can't help it, I just love these guys. They look so cartoony, which, as I've iterated many times, is a good thing in my book... Though I know it's not for a lot of you, and I respect that opinion.

Plus, they look much more displayable than all my existing Joes. Pretty much my entire collection is in shoeboxes except when I need them for dios. Meanwhile, I have Transformers, Marvel Legends, and assorted other toys on display. I would happily display these 25th anniversary figures alongside those.

So anyway... Yeah, I like 'em a lot, and will probably get every singe one Hasbro releases. I was just thinking today that what I'd really love to see them do is re-make every single figure from 1982-1985. Then move onto '86 if they're still going by then. I'd be a very happy camper if that happened.

Fisher
05-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I dig them myself. I just wish there were no multiple versions of the same characters in the first 2 waves. Do I really need 2 more CC's, SE's, or SS's? No, but I will pick them up because I want the line to be successful and I want to see a continuation for years to come. Sure, they could have made instead of an extra of each of those figures a Hawk, a Wet-Suit, and say a Spirit or a proper Flash figure. But maybe those are waiting for us in a future release. I am looking forward to the future of the line, even though it does differ from what we have existing.

Self-Modifier
05-13-2007, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=Fisher]I dig them myself. I just wish there were no multiple versions of the same characters in the first 2 waves. Do I really need 2 more CC's, SE's, or SS's? No, but I will pick them up because I want the line to be successful and I want to see a continuation for years to come. Sure, they could have made instead of an extra of each of those figures a Hawk, a Wet-Suit, and say a Spirit or a proper Flash figure. But maybe those are waiting for us in a future release. I am looking forward to the future of the line, even though it does differ from what we have existing.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that multiple characters in the first 25 figures is lame, I do think that we need two Cobra Commanders. Personally, I think swappable heads would've been the way to go with him, but you really need both the battle helmet and the hood. As far as Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow-- I can see why they're doing two Stormys, since he's been both a Cobra and Joe (and then a Cobra again, and then a Joe again) in his career, but I do think it's too soon for the Joe version to be released.

And I definitely don't think we need more than one Snake-Eyes, because I think v2 is the only one you need! However, lots of people think v1 is the only one you need... So, even though we may all think we only need one SE, the fact is that we actually do need these two, to appease both camps who think the character has one definitive look, but disagree on what that look is.

Sonneilon
05-13-2007, 09:28 AM
The way I see it... And I'm not for multiple versions in the line... is that the versions they are at least doing, are the best. It's not SE v6 or Stormy v8 or something. Hasbro was at least nice enough to choose the decent versions to redux. What they did w/ the original v1 SE is amazing to me. Looks sooooo much better than the old 1982 or comic pack version. As for Stormy, I never had that v2 type so it's cool w/ me if they do that version.

I agree that CC shoulda just done changeable heads but as noted on the JBL, Hasbro has budgets and they probably needed to body swap as much as they could to recoup costs. STill, Flint WITH gloves woulda been nice.

Fisher
05-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Now that you mention it, Self-Modifier, I agree, we do need both versions, because they are the definitive 2 versions of each character. Although I dig Storm Shadow's devil's due look the best of all, the original white outfit is classic, and the Joe gear was really nice too. Although, they could have re-used Duke's arms to have the rolled up sleeve look the V.2 Storm Shadow had.

And I also agree with Sonne, the Commando Snake Eyes has definitely blown all other versions away, although the Ninja SE looks incredible as well.

As for the CC, I remember his original helmeted version was the light blue color, and the mail in hooded version was dark blue. One being a battle uniform and the other more of a dress uniform, although both were the same with a different head. So I see the need for those. I just wish they weren't putting so many variants in the first 25 figures.

As for what I really dig about all of them, it appears that all of the web gear and harnesses and bandoleers and such are completely removable, we seem to be getting functional holsters to holster sidearms, while the articulation is not what we are all used to, it is a step up and allows for more posing ability.

Red Sox
05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I think they look great! I can't wait to see 'em in stores. :cool:

Sonneilon
05-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I wonder if we'll see Roadblock in his v2 outfit. I might actually like that vested version better. *shrug*

Dersham
05-15-2007, 09:25 AM
I"m lame. But who voted that last option that's what I'd like to know. That's too funny.

Urban Saboteur
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I didn't know what to pick from the vote.. I guess lame would be my pic.. I'll be buying them to see what they are like.. and then if i open them and don't like them.. I'll sell them on my store.. just like I did with the JVC figures.[/SIZE][/FONT] ;)