PDA

View Full Version : how do you take care of your joes?

lehsreh
05-10-2007, 03:27 PM
[COLOR=Red]im going through my joes here and see a lot of dust. this got me wondering how in the heck do you guys take such good care of yours? i keep mine in a plastic store case, but i do get them a lot and look at them and think of customs and stuff. i have some set up as a dio on the top shelf of my desk, so what are you doing that i am not? do you store yours and only take them out at pic time, if so there still gonna get some dirt. so im asking, what or how or whatever, do you clean yours with to make them look so shiny and new?[/COLOR]

General Scarlett
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Spit on 'em and use your shirt!!! :p :D :rolleyes:

lehsreh
05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Spit on 'em and use your shirt!!! :p :D :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]lol, really. ive done that too. another thing to add, has anyone ever thought or tried adding a layer of clear coat to your old figures? i had given it thought once, to preserve them better, but thought it would just junk them up to much[/COLOR]

Blowtorch
05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Well I've never spit on them. I've heard of people using clear coat, but haven't done that. I use soap and water with a tooth brush. Kinda simple.

Ruki Ren93
05-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Distilled water with a horsehair paintbrush.
Can't let anything else touch em!! :D

maxtype
05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I dust mine with a nylon paintbrush.............1/2 inch wide........

gung ho
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
my joes haven't got dust on them my vehicles however lol they do but i don't mind

Outrider
05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
All my figures are stored with their accessories in ziplock bags, which are in turn stored in plastic storage boxes, about 60 or 70 figures to a box, so they never get dusty. My vehicles, however are stored in the built in robe in the spare bedroom, and they get covered in dust even though the doors are kept closed. If it's real bad, I brush it off with a 2cm soft paint brush before I use 'em for pics. If they only have a light coating, I tend to leave it as it helps to make them look weathered and gritty, which I like.

Sonneilon
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
You want the truth? My Cobras are literally thrown in a cardboard box and my Joes are in a plastic tub. Vehicles are around the house, hiding. The Jungle Strike Force customs were in a separate bag but now are in a dio case so they won't get dusty. At one time, I did display my Vipers and NeoVipers but I needed the space for other things. If they get dusty, I'll blow or use a rag.

General Jones
05-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I store mine is some lack leather zipper bags by year(OCD). :D That'll keep them clean enough for me.

Gatilho
05-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Each figure of my collection is storaged in a ziploc bag with his accesories inside three boxes: one for cobras, one for brazillian figures and another for hasbro-joe figures. I have a big ziploc for filecards and some others boxes for my very small collection of vehicles. No dusty at all!!!!!!! :D
If I buy a dirty figure than I clean with detergent and tooth brush.

Stormer
05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
I keep mine in stackable plastic drawer-unit things that you can get for storing things like nuts, screws, nails, etc or arts & crafts materials. I can fit one Joe and one Cobra in each drawer with their accessories and this seems to keep the dust off pretty well. Vehicles are another matter -- mine are shoved wherever I can fit them and some do get pretty bad. I want to get one of those cans of compressed air, like you get for cleaning out keyboards and computer parts, as when I try and rub the dust off I often feel like I'm rubbing it in.

[QUOTE=General Jones]I store mine is some lack leather zipper bags by year(OCD). :D That'll keep them clean enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Mine are sorted by year for different versions of the same character but I have them stored in their drawers in rank order...