PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Box #18!!!

General Scarlett
05-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Welcome to The Comic Box. This is a discussion thread for the GI Joe comics. We start at Marvel’s #1 and move thru the series every Wednesday. It’s a chance to give your thoughts, opinions and remarks about the comic in question.

# 18. Destro Returns!

~Short Summary~
The Joes, Destro, Snake-Eyes, and Kwinn all converge on the hide-out of the Cobra officer known as Scar-Face, who is eventually captured by the Joes.

~Notes of Interest~
First appearance of the M.A.N.T.A.. Dr. Venom's plague toxin finally goes to work. Cobra actually wins!
-summary from yojoe.com-

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe18.shtml

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/DSC01818_edited.jpg
-image courtesy of yojoe.com-

Discuss away!

General Scarlett
05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

I'd say I'm sorry to make this one so big, but considering that this was the first time that Cobra won the battle, Destro returned and it was the first Joe comic cover that I re-drew on my own...........I wanted to give it some 'face time'!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

maxtype
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Hi all,

I'd say I'm sorry to make this one so big, but considering that this was the first time that Cobra won the battle, Destro returned and it was the first Joe comic cover that I re-drew on my own...........I wanted to give it some 'face time'!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D[/QUOTE]
That's COOL!!! I got started drawing the same way,but with GI Combat and Sgt.Rock comics!!!

Good issue............cool to see the MANTA......the capture of Scar-Face is kinda funny....seeing Scarlett tear up over Snake-Eyes note............ :D

Sonneilon
05-04-2007, 09:40 AM
If I remember this issue right, this is the one where they end up at Coney Island. A fun, cool adventure. And this is a lead-in to #19 where everything falls apart, right?!?!

Lava Boss
05-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Wasn't Cobra using Vamps in this issue? I recall that seemed odd at the time but they would later get the Stinger, and there was the Canadian Cobra vamp (that I didn't know existed until the late 1990's) which was around this time or earlier.

ew3smiley1996
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
wasn't this the issue that actually had a tv comercial for it? because i know i started getting them around #15-18 and i was surprised to see a commercial for a comic book. but that was when there was real saturday morning cartoons as well!!!

Sonneilon
05-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Smiley, the ads for the comics started around #11, iirc. Maybe #8. I remember the ish that had Doc, SnowJob, the snowmobile and the Cobra Glider shooting at them being the 1st ad.

Blowtorch
05-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I remember the TV ad for this, because the next while I was doing my paper route I stopped at a Mom and Pop convenient store to look for this issue. I found issue 17 instead. Which prompted this little project a couple years ago.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/Blowtorch_album/DSCF1085.jpg