PDA

View Full Version : What are YOUR Major Timeline Dates?

General Scarlett
05-01-2007, 07:52 AM
We've all got them. No matter what they may be....happy or sad, big or small....each of us has a set of dates that in some way 'define' us. Our own dates may mean nothing on a local, federal or universal scale, but to each of us they have become a 'reset' of sorts. Whether that reset was in a positive or negative aspect, we still pause every year to pay some sort of homage....even if it's to re-affirm the choices we've made since.

Now I'm not asking anyone to contribute anything to the thread that they are uncomfortable with, or ashamed of. That's your personal business.

I'm reminded every year on May 1st of two events that played a major part in not only my teen years, but to this very day. It was 20 years ago that my Grandfather chose to leave this world rather than be a burden on his family due to his emphysema. One year later and at nearly 12 hours earlier, my Great-Grandmother passed into eternal peace. Both of these people were extremely important to me.......and to this day on May 1st I always pause and think of them (more than usual).
*For 'Da', the list of things that he taught me is so long and involved that I'd be typing for days and still not have enough room. This man was my hero and my champion.
*For 'Nani', I feel her presence to this day whenever I cook. And when I am in or think about or see the Statue of Liberty, I wonder what it must have been like for her to come over on the boat at 10 years old, all alone.

SOME other dates for me include:

*March 3,1990: my cousin, with whom I was very close was killed by a drunk driver, only 9 months after we had graduated high school. That one was tough, still is even after 17 years........
*My birthday: that one goes without saying...... :)
*November 26, 1992: the day my youngest brother made his entrance into the world....seeing that happen is one of the most amazing things and truly taught me how to 'pay it forward'....

You all get the idea now right?? Let's hear what you've got to say, I've taken up enough time!! :P

Blowtorch
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Well Birthdays for starters are always important in my household.
After that there are
March 18, 2002 - This was the date I signed to order to have full custody of my four children from my first marriage.

April 11, 2003 - My wife and mine spiritual wedding anniversary. We both felt that a wedding in the eyes of God was more important than a legal one.

Sept 25, 2003 - Our legal wedding anniversary.

Those are the important dates in my life.

Bayer
05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
April 18, 1989 - The day I shipped out for Army boot camp. :rolleyes:
March 17, 2000 - The day my wife and I were handfasted. ;)
April 7, 2001 - The day my wife and I were married and handfasted again. ;)
Sept. 3, 2002 - The day my first daughter was born. :)
March 24, 2006 - The day my second daughter was born. :)

General Scarlett
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Bayer]Sept. 3, 2002 - The day my first daughter was born. :)
[/QUOTE]

Great set of dates Bayer!! Especially this one.........it's my birthday too!! WooHoo!!!! :D

(of course I AM a bit older than she is......... :rolleyes: )

Acantilado
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought the age of women was a Top Secret matter lol

Right, mine:

January, 4th, 2004 > the day I finally found the courage to tell my girlfriend I liked her... and it all started :o

October, 29th 1988 (not really sure of that, but...) > the day I purchased my first G.I.Joe :D

General Scarlett
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Acantilado]I thought the age of women was a Top Secret matter lol
[/QUOTE]

hehehehe.................yes, and that's why I said 'a bit' !!!! :D ;) :eek:

yorktownjoe
05-01-2007, 08:43 PM
8/3/xx My birthday (gotta start somewhere)
5/25/96 MY wife and I got married - (Anniversary #11 on visual horizon no Heads up display needed) ;)
03/08/01 First son was born
11/24/03 Second son was born
11/25/03 Wife told me I was done having children :eek:

Okay, I'm tired, otherwise I'm sure I would have come up with something better than that...

Bayer
01-28-2009, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=Bayer]April 18, 1989 - The day I shipped out for Army boot camp. :rolleyes:
March 17, 2000 - The day my wife and I were handfasted. ;)
April 7, 2001 - The day my wife and I were married and handfasted again. ;)
Sept. 3, 2002 - The day my first daughter was born. :)
March 24, 2006 - The day my second daughter was born. :)[/QUOTE]

Need to add a date:
January 8, 2009 - The day my third daughter was born. :)

This is my last child. Somehow I never have been able to "put the stem on the apple" so to speak. :rolleyes:

Urban Saboteur
01-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey Man,
Congrats on the recent new addition.. and i try to say this with sincerity, and not like you just acquired a new joe vehicle or something :D

My dates
April 4th 1987 A saturday.. when it was my 7th birthday.. and of course the year I found Action Force, which in the UK would become GIJOE :D

May 26th 1999 A Wednesday.. my Football team Manchester United won the Treble by beating German Giants Bayern Munich in the European Cup Final. I'd never experienced anything quite like the drama this game had to show. From going 1-0 down and with minutes remaining on the clock we scored twice from set pieces to win!

My Birthday obviously :rolleyes:

July 1997 - More of a two week thing, spent a holiday in Turkey that will stay with me until my last breath, it definately shaped who I am and who i've become. The holiday taught me alot as a person as well as the many wonderful cultures that could come from talking to people from different countries.

September 11, 2001 - I won't go into the politics or the constant conspiracy theories. I'll just say that for many people worldwide, this is a truely horrible date to have to remember, and yet everyone pretty much remembers what they were doin ' the day the terrorists attacked ' whether you choose to believe one sequence of events or another, it's evidently clear this event will not be forgotten or wiped out from history - why is it important to me? It showed me many different types of human emotion, as well as cowardness and dispicableness.

July 7th 2005 - London Bombings, again for the above reasons. Another dispicable act, done for whatever means, whatever you believe, either way you scratch it, it's dispicable, hurrendous and cowardly.

Bayer
01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Urban Saboteur]Hey Man,
Congrats on the recent new addition.. and i try to say this with sincerity, and not like you just acquired a new joe vehicle or something :D

My dates
April 4th 1987 A saturday.. when it was my 7th birthday.. and of course the year I found Action Force, which in the UK would become GIJOE :D

May 26th 1999 A Wednesday.. my Football team Manchester United won the Treble by beating German Giants Bayern Munich in the European Cup Final. I'd never experienced anything quite like the drama this game had to show. From going 1-0 down and with minutes remaining on the clock we scored twice from set pieces to win![/QUOTE]

I, for some reason, didn't place you in England. Where about? I had the privilege to spend three weeks in London in the Kensington Gardens area. I loved it!!!

Urban Saboteur
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=Bayer]I, for some reason, didn't place you in England. Where about? I had the privilege to spend three weeks in London in the Kensington Gardens area. I loved it!!![/QUOTE]

I'm in the Northwest of England, Never been near London, although I'd like to go at some point :D

guiltridden
01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
July 29th 1997 Met my wife at the Van's Warped tour right after Social Distortion played.

July 29th 2006 Got Married because I refused to remember a different anniversary.