PDA

View Full Version : Vote for 2008 mail-away figure!

Stormer
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Hasbro's put up a new poll asking what figure we'd like for a 2008 mail-away exclusive! Here's the link (look in the column on the left):

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/rah/default.cfm?page=25th

I just wish they had pictures (ie comic/cartoon art) of each option, so we could know what we're voting for. I assume it's dead Doc and not female, Reloaded Doc. And what the heck's a Tiger Force Soldier? That Steel Brigade repaint that showed up on eBay a couple years ago? But won't the mail-away figure be anniversary-style...?

General Scarlett
04-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I already voted when I caught this on JBL...........but when I clicked on just now I saw the latest poll #'s..............

Which figure would you want most as the 2008 mail-away figure?
Doc - 25%
Nemesis Enforcer - 24%
Tiger Force Soldier - 4%
“Fridge” - 2%
Storm Shadow’s Apprentice Billy - 16%
Snake Eyes in Cobra Trooper Gear (from comics) - 29%

The good thing is that Nemesis Enforcer is dropping from the 'runaway' lead that he initially had...............

ToneGunsRevisited
04-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I voted for Doc, but I can't believe that Snake Eyes in Cobra disguise is winning :mad: . Don't we have enough SE versions out there?

lehsreh
04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]I voted for Doc, but I can't believe that Snake Eyes in Cobra disguise is winning :mad: . Don't we have enough SE versions out there?[/QUOTE]

exactly, GOD!!! enough with snake eyes. i voted for nemesis, i want to see what they can do with him in the new mold. if i had to vote for another, believe it or not it would be fridge

Stormer
04-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I went with Billy. I know he'd just be a v1 Storm Shadow with less paint and a new head, but any opportunity to throw some support behind comics-originated characters is something I'll jump at!

ender098
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]I voted for Doc, but I can't believe that Snake Eyes in Cobra disguise is winning :mad: . Don't we have enough SE versions out there?[/QUOTE]

No Doooga! Why not have another version of Duke?

Want a cool Snake eyes? How about the Crimson Guard infiltration set that was started and NEVER finished! I might buy that!

Wraith? Firewall? MayDay? Alexander? Dr. Knox?

Do we really need more of the same figures we already have 10,000 of?

Outrider
None of those options are particularly appealing to me. Give me a hard-@ss dtc style Muskrat and I'll get excited! :rolleyes:

Blowtorch
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I went with Doc.....couldn't go for a write in vote.

Sonneilon
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I agree Craig. Talk about picking the bottom of the barrel.

ToneGunsRevisited
04-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Doc would be a very nice addition to my collection. I don't like Nemesis Enforcer, but even this figure could make me more happy than another SE. We'll have 3 versions of SE just in the start of the 25th line!!! :eek: That's not a good way to start the line IMO.

maxtype
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I voted for Doc.....always liked good old Doc!! :)

Lava Boss
04-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I suspect these are fixed. Snake-Eyes or Billy will win...but billy will just be a new head on Storm Shadow's body.

WHOEVER WINS, WE LOSE. :p

nando
04-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I vote for BILLY

Blowtorch
04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=maxtype]I voted for Doc.....always liked good old Doc!! :)[/QUOTE]
Same here in my Joeverse Doc isn't dead.

bravo
04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
i would like to see Nemesis Enforcer ,back.or billy would be some thing to see

maxtype
04-27-2007, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]Same here in my Joeverse Doc isn't dead.[/QUOTE]Mine neither! Only the 1st General Flagg ,Kwinn,and Dr. Venom are dead............ :D

Self-Modifier
04-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I voted for Doc too.

But I'm really curious to find out... who did Urban Saboteur vote for?!? ;)

(I have my suspicions...)

ToneGunsRevisited
04-28-2007, 07:20 AM
April, 28 11:20AM Brazil, Doc is winning with 32%!!!!! :)

Jay
04-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Screw Doc, Doc is boring. Lifeline was so much better anyway.

I voted Nemesis Enforcer.

lehsreh
04-28-2007, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=Jay]Screw Doc, Doc is boring. Lifeline was so much better anyway.

I voted Nemesis Enforcer.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]
i agree, well doc is ok in my book, i guess he is boring, but lifeline is way better.[/COLOR]

Self-Modifier
04-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I just think Doc and Lifeline serve two different purposes. Lifeline is the field medic, the guy who's always in the thick of the action patching guys back together. Doc is, as his name implies, the Joes' resident doctor-- The guy they go to for physicals, when they have a cold, or when they need to cure some life-threatening illness unleashed by Cobra.

maxtype
04-28-2007, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]I just think Doc and Lifeline serve two different purposes. Lifeline is the field medic, the guy who's always in the thick of the action patching guys back together. Doc is, as his name implies, the Joes' resident doctor-- The guy they go to for physicals, when they have a cold, or when they need to cure some life-threatening illness unleashed by Cobra.[/QUOTE]
Correct-Lifeline is the one you call when you're hit-"MEDIC!!"

Doc is an MD AND a surgeon...............

ToneGunsRevisited
04-28-2007, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=maxtype]Correct-Lifeline is the one you call when you're hit-"MEDIC!!"

Doc is an MD AND a surgeon...............[/QUOTE]
I don't care what he is, what I know is when I put my hands on him he will be out on the field ;) .

maxtype
04-28-2007, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]I don't care what he is, what I know is when I put my hands on him he will be out on the field ;) .[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah-Doc's a field man-don't get me wrong....I was just echoing that Lifeline and Doc fullfil two different jobs.....

ToneGunsRevisited
04-28-2007, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=maxtype]Oh yeah-Doc's a field man-don't get me wrong....I was just echoing that Lifeline and Doc fullfil two different jobs.....[/QUOTE]
I'm just kidding! :p

maxtype
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]I'm just kidding! :p[/QUOTE]

No worries,TGR....I didn't think you were flamin' me!! ;)

bigtattoo
04-28-2007, 05:46 PM
At the moment its Doc 36% and Billy 32%, all the rest are waaaay behind.
I voted for Billy- Ive long wanted to see this figure done.

lehsreh
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
[COLOR=Red]the thing about this is, why a billy, like everyone said, hes gonna be storm shadow with a new head. why not do a custom so we can get a totally different figure. and as for doc, you know well see him. snake eyes, OMG, why would we want another one when we have2 already, lets get someone new, besides hell be a cobra trooper with a snake eyes head, once again, do a custom. why a tiger force trooper, before the do that why not a greenshirt. now, the fridge would be a figure we wont have any chance whatsoever of getting if we dont get it this way, the same will go for nemesis, and with them both being big guys i think they both would make better mail ins then any other. we wont be getting anything new though, everyone will vote for a figure that is storm shadow (billy), or a figure that we would eventually get anyway (doc). sorry, had to get this out.[/COLOR]

bigtattoo
04-28-2007, 06:25 PM
I take your point about Billy, in fact I got so fed up waiting for Hasbro to make one, I did just that
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/bigtattoo74/?action=view&current=billy8.jpg

but there are many fans out there who dont , cant or wont customise their figures and this would allow them to own an "officail" version.
Plus, it would be great to finally see a proper one -even a Storm Shadow with a new head.

lehsreh
04-28-2007, 06:54 PM
[COLOR=Red]the link must be a lil off, i didnt seea custom[/COLOR]

bigtattoo
04-28-2007, 07:35 PM
it seems to work for me.
ill try again:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/bigtattoo74/?action=view&current=billy8.jpg

lehsreh
04-28-2007, 11:12 PM
[COLOR=Red]ok, it worked. cool custom, is that a barrel roll head?[/COLOR]

Acantilado
04-29-2007, 04:15 AM
I've choosen Billy. I think it is time Billy has a fig.

bigtattoo
04-29-2007, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]ok, it worked. cool custom, is that a barrel roll head?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
It is indeed.