PDA

View Full Version : SDCC Exclusive Joe Figure! !Spoiler!

G.I.*Jock
04-27-2007, 09:25 AM
If you want to see...

http://www.gijoeclub.com/sdcc07figure.cfm

Try not to be sick :rolleyes:

How disgusting is that? :o

Dave :D

Lava Boss
04-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm glad it's something stupid. That's what con exclusives should be. :p That way I never think about wanting them.

General Scarlett
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
When the hell did Destro become 'Huggy Bear' from 'Starsky and Hutch'???

Seriously, this looks like the 'gag' that Todd from 'Magnum6Delta' parodied on JBL a while back.........

I'm soooooo glad that I don't get involved in this crap..............

Sonneilon
04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
THAT many people wanted Pimp Daddy Destro so MC thought they'd help out the whopping 2 fans who want it? Geez, talk about trying to create a chase variant!

Red Sox
04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I knew it was going to be PDD based on all the clues from the club and JBL! I'm actually kind of happy it is PDD because I really don't want one so it saves me the money and trouble of trying to get one. :)

Gatilho
04-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Argh .... this is the uglier Destro I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

ender098
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Finally!!! A Figure everyone ELSE hates but I LIKE!! Damn! I can finally get myself a PDD! WHOOOHOOOO!!

General Scarlett
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=ender098]Finally!!! A Figure everyone ELSE hates but I LIKE!! Damn! I can finally get myself a PDD! WHOOOHOOOO!!

..[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=4]Ummmmm.........so where can I upload a smilie of a horse's @$$????[/SIZE]

:p [SIZE=1]Good thing I know your kidding Frank!!! [/SIZE] ;)

Urban Saboteur
04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
[FONT=Arial]That is one urgly destro :(

I would struggle to see how I'd use the original anyways.. and I wouldnt pay a fortune for it. From a collectible sense the original one to say you own i guess is understandable.. but this.. is like taking the latest concept in design and puking all over it ;)

I wonder what the designers were smoking when they created this? :eek:
Rich[/FONT]

Lava Boss
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
The thing "they" don't get. If Pimp Daddy Destro had been common, he'd been amongst the least popular figures in the line. (I could argue the same about COBRA MORTAL) But being very rare, he's desirable. That's the only reason. Making a new version, somewhat easier to get...is sort of missing the joke.

lehsreh
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
[COLOR=Red]im just wondering, why would anyone want that??? i know as a collector you want everything that comes out, but the line has got to be drawn somewhere[/COLOR]

Stormer
04-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Jeez.

Kinda shows up the Destro figure's mold, too -- I don't think much of that thin, tacked-on collar/pendant combo. I can understand that they'll be able to use the torso tooling again for another character (but with the studded "choker?") but making the collar a bit chunkier wouldn't have hurt.

I'll be interested to see what the after-market prices for this guy are like as I can picture a lot of speculators buying them but not many people wanting to pay for them at any kind of mark-up.

I notice they say there'll be 2 versions... Maye one is maskless, or they'll do him all in chrome like that recent South American "variant" -- personally I'm hoping that one is carded, and the other comes bagged with "Skank-Ho Baroness."

I see they don't actually call him Pimp Daddy Destro on the site...

Sonneilon
04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah, LavaBoss. That's what I don't get either. As an extreme rarity, he's kinda cool. Special to have and all. But to semi-mass market him, it takes away a lot. Now if they did something based on Brock Lee's ideas... :D

maxtype
04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]When the hell did Destro become 'Huggy Bear' from 'Starsky and Hutch'???

Seriously, this looks like the 'gag' that Todd from 'Magnum6Delta' parodied on JBL a while back.........

I'm soooooo glad that I don't get involved in this crap..............[/QUOTE]

Testify,General!!! 'Crystal Ball' would'a been better than THIS garbage!!! :D

Self-Modifier
04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't get why, of all the possibilities, they decided to make this guy. I would've preferred something like a Tiger Force Duke or better yet, a cartoon-colored Flint.

But... I'm going to be at Comic Con, so I'll probably pick one up anyway. If nothing else, it'll be a good conversation piece.

Outrider
04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Ahem...All things considered, I do believe I can struggle on through life without acquiring this particular ABOMINATION. WTF?!?! :eek: :confused:

miragearmor
04-27-2007, 02:30 PM
So, they release this version of the PDD Destro to please the other fans who cannot afford to get a '97-'98 version. With the new one coming out, isn't that going to lower the value of the '97 PDD Destro itself? :confused:

Speaking of PDD Destro, I have no intention nor any interest of purchasing that figure. Waste of plastic and $$$. :mad:

2 thumbs waaaaaaay down. :rolleyes:

ender098
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Man, I wanna get one of these guys, give him a painted Gnawgahyde hat with a peacock feather and a snakeskin jackeT from GTG customs! And two Destro V10's as Body Guards and a Tony Montana 1:18 yellow caddy with Zebraskin interior! C'mon, Destro is into the Illegal Arms trade, you don't think other Destro family "Black Sheeps" deal with Drugs and prostitution?

Can't wait! Anybody goin? I'll give you the $$$ for the figure! And what is that stuff that Hasbro is gonna be offering 2 versions?? Anyone know about that?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/EmoticonDancer.gif

Finally, something I can be the hated red-headed step child about! LOL!!!

Outrider
04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]Finally, something I can be the hated red-headed step child about! LOL!!![/QUOTE]

LOL! :D Frank, I think that Destro is the hated leopard skinned red headed step child! ;)

bigtattoo
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]Man, I wanna get one of these guys, give him a painted Gnawgahyde hat with a peacock feather and a snakeskin jackeT from GTG customs! And two Destro V10's as Body Guards and a Tony Montana 1:18 yellow caddy with Zebraskin interior! C'mon, Destro is into the Illegal Arms trade, you don't think other Destro family "Black Sheeps" deal with Drugs and prostitution?

Can't wait! Anybody goin? I'll give you the $$$ for the figure! And what is that stuff that Hasbro is gonna be offering 2 versions?? Anyone know about that?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/EmoticonDancer.gif

Finally, something I can be the hated red-headed step child about! LOL!!![/QUOTE]
I dunno if youre being sarcastic or not (I suspect not) but I agree with you.
Okay the figure if Fugly, but I like it for precisely that reason.
Its got character- admittedly the same character that Frankenstein's monster (who it resembles) has, but I like what Hasbro have attempted here.
its different, has got fans talking and gives them the option to get their hands of one of the lines oddities.
There may a cynical motivation behind this, via the second hand market but I really think theyve done well with bringing this one out.

bravo
04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
you know the first one that came out in the late 90s .is going like around 2,500, aaround there. and do you know what suck about it? i held the 3 pack in my hands when it came out,at toys r us. :mad:

ender098
04-28-2007, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=bravo]you know the first one that came out in the late 90s .is going like around 2,500, aaround there. and do you know what suck about it? i held the 3 pack in my hands when it came out,at toys r us. :mad:[/QUOTE]

$2,500? That would be a steal compared to this scalper;

http://cgi.ebay.com/AFA-PIMP-DADDY-DESTRO-PDD_W0QQitemZ170106227268QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Try 10 times that!! Hope the new figures drives the price of the original down. And as Lava Boss had said, if this figure was common, he would have been a flop!!!

At first I wanted him as a "Holy Grail" the unattainable figure, but as I thought about it, I found a place for him in my JoeVerse as destro's Slick cousin!

Acantilado
04-29-2007, 04:19 AM
That's the crazyest think I've ever seen 0_o

That's one of the reasons I simply say no to AFA.