PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Box #17!!!

General Scarlett
04-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome to The Comic Box. This is a discussion thread for the GI Joe comics. We start at Marvel’s #1 and move thru the series every Wednesday. It’s a chance to give your thoughts, opinions and remarks about the comic in question.

#17. Loose Ends

~Short Summary~
Hawk and the Baroness are rushed to the hospital. Cobra Commander, Dr. Venom and Destro are able to escape. Major Bludd is captured by Stalker and Grand Slam. Scarface is also able to escape and heads to Coney Island. And finally Snake-Eyes and Kwinn also escape from there jail cell in Miami and go to get revenge on Scarface and Dr. Venom.

~Notes of Interest~
First Appearance: Ace
The Baroness receives third degree burns over 80% of her body.
-summary from yojoe.com-

http://yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe17.shtml

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/DSC01718_edited.jpg
-image from yojoe.com-

Discuss away!

General Scarlett
04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Again this week I want to apologize..........but with good reason!

Please see the new Thread I've posted entitled 'Newest Joe Arrival'.........

Thanks!!! :D

Sonneilon
04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
I was pretty bugged that I missed this one as a kid. It wouldn't be until many years later that I would get this issue. Or did I read it in digest form? Either way, there was a hole in my collection for the longest time.

I loved the sequence of Flash/Grand Slam (can't remember which) on the top of the bus and crashing thru the windshield. It was a great transition issue for #18 and #19.

Outrider
04-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Major Bludd on the cover...need I say more? :D

yorktownjoe
04-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Major Bludd (as he hijacks the bus): "Stay your hand, driver, lest a hero's laurels adorn thy brow in death's slumber."

That is great writing by Hama, tying a bad poet mercenary terrorist for hire into the storyline very nicely.

And I agree, Grand-slam popping through the window of the bus and kicking the Major in the face is quite a good sequence. I suppose Craig would contend that the Major would have been able to hold his own, if it had not been for Scar-face distracting him... ;)

A good issue...

maxtype
04-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Excellent issue....my favorite parts were:
-when Gung-Ho trashed the yuppie's GT Cobra....with his bare hands!!! :D

-when Snakes beat all those guys at the craps game-taking they're car AND the guy's cowboy hat!!! I guess we know how Snake-Eyes got his name,huh.... :D

Good to see the Skystriker in action again,too...