PDA

View Full Version : do you use any 3 3/4th figures that arent joes?

lehsreh
04-22-2007, 05:45 PM
[COLOR=Red]just wondering if anyone besides me actually use any other 3 3/4th figures in their joe world as anything other then just greenshirts or day to day people, i mean actually give them a back story and a code name. i for example use both scarab and mechanic from bionic six. scarab is a doctor, duh. but he is part of the cobra la and venomous maximus group. mechanic is a dreadnok and road pigs uglier cousin. i also use the hulk as a member of cobra la. im hunting for a viper king from mcfarlane toys to use as the cobra la demigod. [/COLOR]

Urban Saboteur
04-22-2007, 05:53 PM
[FONT=Arial]I actually use my A-team figures in my joe verse, hannibal, face, B.A & Murdock and I also use BA's GMC Truck & Facemans corvette too! I have space precinct figures with a chap mei police squad car as the local gendarmes.. :o I also have Luke N Bo duke and the general lee and boss hogg as well. I mainly collect most moveable poseable 3 3/4 size action figures so they are the most used that fit within the joe verse.[/FONT]

Stormer
04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
My original "Stormer" figure was Face from the A-Team line. I only used him because he had the least-distinctive head sculpt (couldn't help but see the others as nothing but the show characters) and the cool black outfit. I didn't identify myself as the character then, but when Steel Brigade came around my Face figure had broken & been thrown out so I co-opted the name.

I have a few non-Joe 3.75" figures I'd use alongside them but nobody I'd make into a main character. I think any backstory & codename work nowadays would go towards a custom.

General Scarlett
04-22-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't have any others that are scale............so I'm gonna go with a big 'N-O'.........

Sonneilon
04-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I used CloneTroopers as "armored troopers" in the Transformations dio. They were NOT from the SW, but rather, just duders as part of an alien force.

I used a couple of Microman figures to act as villains in Transformations.

Now, the key sometimes, is NOT to use strict 3.75" figures for the dios. There are a lot of toylines that aren't 3.75". Like, I was using Spiderman's Ultimate Lizards (or whatever they were called) because I wanted monsters and they are BIGGER than the Joes. Same w/ Alien Racers's red monster dudes. IF they were actually 3.75", they wouldn't be nearly as menacing, scary or destructive.

I'm using McFarlane's Cyberunits for the current dio and they are working well enough. These are NOT 3.75" and if they were, they wouldn't work at all. Gotta look outside the 3.75" realm for my dios!

lehsreh
04-22-2007, 08:32 PM
[COLOR=Red]true sonn, i guess i shouldnt have said 3 3/4 because anyone who knows your work knows that depending on what your using them for it doesnt have to be a 3 3/4th figure. the viper king figure i wrote about isnt 3 3/4th either.[/COLOR]

Ranger_22
04-23-2007, 02:50 AM
I use bbi figs and SW sometimes.

Dzirhan
04-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, if you talk about joe repaints in the Action Force line, I use Red Laser as a Cobra affliated mercenary. I'm toying with the idea of using the first series Soldier Force figure that looks like Iron Klaw from G.I Joe Extreme as Iron Klaw and his Skar troopers (the black uniform version as iron klaw and the green version as the troopers). I've put together an unamed mercenary/covert ops guys using various parts of the Hot Toys colonial marines figures. Otherwise I do customs utilizing the headsculpts from other lines and put them on joe bodies since the original line figures lack articulation or the military look, primarily from Chap Mei and Lanard's WOW girls but also did 2 using the voltron Princess Allura head.
Of course if you talk about vehicles, it sounds heretical :D but I tend to largely favor Chap Mei and BBI vehicles over joes most times.

gung ho
04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
i use the PTE guys and BBI 2 pack guys is what i use i use them as guards (or green shirts) for the joes cuz i don't have any green shirts :)

yorktownjoe
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Ranger_22]I use bbi figs and SW sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I have one BBI soldier and 2 Clone troopers. I'm thinking of using the Clones as upgraded security forces for CC. Just really hard guys with sweet armor.

Defending and killing off assassins is a tough job, and Storm Shadow keeps switching back and forth, so he had to go with some "contractor help." ;)

joefan21
04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
mainly PTE as my marines.

ToneGunsRevisited
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I did a little customs in some PTE Elite and gave them backgrounds. From BBI I've some Elite Force and Combat Command Line mainly as Joes. From Lanard some Lanard Corps as mercenaries or some type of support guys. Super Battle Droids and Droids from SW as BATs. Some Intoyz SWAT figures as Urban Soldiers. I actually have some MArvel Showdown figures too. Chap Mei animals and I'm studing the possibilities of havings some Chap Mei Dinossaurs. From vehicles I've some of PTE and Chap Mei.

Gatilho
04-24-2007, 06:43 AM
I have a few of PTE and BBI. About Chap Mei, I have no one because of very poor articulations but maybe someday .....

nando
04-24-2007, 04:04 PM
sure , chap mei , corps , elite , world peace keepers.... :cool:

ender098
04-24-2007, 09:46 PM
I use a lot of Corps figures....cops/construction/medics. I have BBI Figures I use for CIA, some 21st Century I use for Middle eastern Soldiers (to include the Sahara figures). I use PTE for Regular Army/Marines/Rangers/SAS. Intoyz SWAT figures. I have a few MASH figures and Wow Power Girls I'm gonna use in an upcoming dio as bystanders. I use Lanard CORPS figures for Mercenaries (hired by Destro). My Terminator 2 3 3/4" Endoskeleton and Star Wars General Grevious found a place in MindBenders Lab as Prototype BATs. I also have a few figures from the Eversparkle sets I wanna use as NAtional Guard units (Thanks Mobius!!!) and a few guys from a sand toy pack I got at TRU for the same! I used a Luke Skywalker from the bacta tank playset for a prisoner in one dio. Oh! and my Army of Darkness skeletons and deadites I'm gonna use a corpses of great leaders for Serpentor Cloning. and I have the Marvel Legends Punisher......gotta have Frank!

And I have a bunch of monsters for Mindbenders biological experiments; A Rancor from star Wars, a Bug from Starship Troopers, a queen Alien, A Tendril figure from inhumaniods, two Gnarl figures from Alien Racers (thanks Sonneilon!) and a supreme Alien commander from ID4.

Outrider
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
With vehicles, I'll use anything that's to scale and realistic. But with figures, I'm pretty much a purist. The only non Joes I've used have been a few Street Fighter figures for customs, but they are really Joes anyway.