PDA

View Full Version : how to make your own snow???

lehsreh
04-20-2007, 06:23 PM
[COLOR=Red]i saw on here a few months back that someone like myself wasnt getting the snow they should have gotten. instead he made his own, does anyone remember how he did this, i think it was with flour or something. any idea will be great, i finally broke down and bought a 6 MP digi cam and im gonna finally make a dio and i need snow. i have my fight that big boa helped me get in shape for tomorrow so im wanting to start monday, if im able,lol. so the sooner i know a good way to make my own snow the sooner i can start.[/COLOR]

ender098
04-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I remember...it was powdered Starch. But if you're looking for a diffrent way...LAkeshore learning centers sell a mix you add water to that makes snow...(it' feels like jelly, but it looks like snow) or you can use spray flocking like they use on windows at Christmas, white Styrafoam and sheets of cotton filling....

hope that helps!

joefan21
04-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I got this stuff called spray on snow.
it works great

Uncle Flint
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I posted some pics months ago where I used corn starch for snow. Flour would work too, but snow is kind of reflective, and flour just looks too flat in my opinion. The starch was a little more reflective. There's some powered snow they make for model railroads that works pretty well. Its basically just ground up styrofoam. At about 10 bucks a bottle its kinda spendy.

Recoil84
04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
I posted a few pics with my synthetic snow. I bought the stuff from Woodland Scenics that model railroaders use, and sprinkled that onto a board. It looks amazingly authentic and it's nice because you can get into vehicle treads, create footprints, etc. Sets you back about $8 for a giant bottle that's plenty big to cover a 5' x 5' area or so, with plenty left for heaping onto vehicles or what not. It's also a dry powder so it's completely reusable if you're careful to capture it all
Check it out in these photos:

Ice Vipers (http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=5917&catid=searchresults&searchid=10582)
Cold Front (http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=5590&catid=searchresults&searchid=10583)

lehsreh
04-25-2007, 07:50 PM
[COLOR=Red]thats is some pretty good snow, i bet its probably not around here, the biggest thing we have for 200 miles is a wal mart, but it is the biggest wal-mart in the state,lol[/COLOR]