PDA

View Full Version : digi cameras?

lehsreh
04-19-2007, 08:11 PM
[COLOR=Red]im not much for pics, at least i havent taken many. its time that i get me a camera of my own and start taking some pics. many of you know a lot more then i ever will about them, what in your opinion will be sufficient for taking joes pics, will 5 mega pixels do or do i need more? what do some of you use?[/COLOR]

General Scarlett
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I use a Sony Cybershot 7.2 and I love it!!! :D

Outrider
04-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I use a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-H1. 5.1mp, 12x optical zoom, and most importantly, an excellent 2cm macro mode. It's still going strong after almost 6,000 photos and numerous videos. When it finally goes to camera heaven (hopefully a long time off yet!), I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Sony.

Urban Saboteur
04-20-2007, 02:39 AM
[FONT=Arial]Please don't forget to take into account that when you select your camera that you should select one that has the right mpxl rate for you. Do bare in mind that when taking shots above 7mpxl they will be of a larger file size. ;)
I'm using a 5mpxl one for my shots.. I think this is the decent standard for most shots.
I also think its best to shop around. I got a good deal with mine from the same cpu store I got my cpu from. :D
U.S[/FONT]

Stormer
04-20-2007, 04:41 AM
My pics have all been taken on a 2MP camera... I think lighting has a lot to do with picture quality, and finding the camera setting that gives best results. I turn the macro on and use the highest resolution, so I can crop without losing too much detail, then resize the pic when it's ready for posting.

Fisher
04-20-2007, 05:27 AM
I am still learning all the ins and outs of my camera, but I purchased a Kodak Easyshare c533 with a docking/printing station. Mainly for taking and printing baby pictures, but works great for shooting joes too. It is 5.0 megapixel with a 3x optical zoom.

Sonneilon
04-20-2007, 09:42 AM
I've got the Kodak Eazyshare Z730. 5mp. It works but you gotta consider WHAT you want the camera for. I'd love one of those dope $1000 Nikons w/ changeable lenses cuz I do more than just shoot figures. If you just want to shoot figures and shoot-n-point outside, a cheaper camera like mine and Fisher's work. (I can't speak for Outrider and Prudential)

But if you want to really work the art of fotography, you gotta go big and expensive and dope and and and...

Swindle
04-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I own a Canon Powershot SD630

Good site:
http://www.dpreview.com/

Self-Modifier
04-20-2007, 02:51 PM
In real life I never take pictures of anything, and I can't justify buying a digital camera just for dio-shooting, so I use the crummy still-shot feature on a Sony Handycam video camera. Sure the pictures aren't the best, but they suit my purposes.

Funny side note-- When I was shooting the first Joe/TF crossover, the Handycam died on me. It was a factory defect, and not something that could be easily fixed. But I'd spent a lot of time setting up the Terrordrome outside, clouds were forming, rain was on the way, and I didn't want to re-do it all later. So I took about six shots using my cell phone's camera. No one ever commented on it, so I didn't say anything!

Acantilado
04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
[font=Tahoma]My recommendation: Olympus cameras. The most important thing about a camera is the lenses, and I believe Olympus and Panasonic have the better ones. My 3.2 MPx Olympus takes EXCELLENT pics :)

But anyway, Sony and Kodak ones also take great pictures. Just avoid those "generic" cameras, even if it is a very cheap 1000 MPx one LOL They are not worth it.[/font]

Sonneilon
04-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah man, the no-name brands scare me too!

Acantilado
04-21-2007, 01:11 PM
[font=Tahoma][size=2]Just an example: my girlfriend has a 6 Mpx generic one and pics are quite crappy compared with my camera, and they get worse if there isn't a really apropiate amount of light.[/size][/font]

Ruki Ren93
04-21-2007, 02:04 PM
I use an Olympus Zoom D-560.

Peice-O-crap.

Acantilado
04-24-2007, 11:31 AM
[font=Tahoma][size=2]Really? LOL I can't be more satisfied with my Olympus.[/size][/font]