PDA

View Full Version : the comic

bravo
04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
ok here is the big photo with all the joes
http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11170
ok here is the question. who is that guy standing next to robojoe and fridge?
in the far left coner. and i dont think all the joes are in the photo. i dont see rumbler..

General Scarlett
04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I saw this on JBL.............not the best artwork around......but still........HOLY SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I'm happy with it!! :D

Sonneilon
04-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Dude, I don't even know who half those dudes are. Poorly drawn? That's an understatement. My dream would be for Jim Lee to tackle GI Joe and give them a good drawing.

bravo
04-19-2007, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Dude, I don't even know who half those dudes are. Poorly drawn? That's an understatement. My dream would be for Jim Lee to tackle GI Joe and give them a good drawing.[/QUOTE]
i would love to see that.jim lee or J. Scott Campbell , i still dont think all the joes are there.i know a lot of them are there,but half of them who knows what joe thay are.

Bayer
04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Still, even as poorly drawn as it is, the picture is impressive. It is definitely a view to see everyone who has ever been a member of the unit.

nando
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
thats the gobernator , lol i dont know who is he

Jay
04-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, this art is so inconsistant. Just look at how huge Bombstrike is compared to Lifeline who's in front of her. (and please, no puns should be made from my comment)

As for who the blond guy is... I'm gonna go on a limb and say it's Lt. Stone from the GIJoe Extreme series. And why not? Sgt. Savage and Freight are there, as are all of the guys from Savage's toyline.

bravo
04-20-2007, 12:28 AM
jay lt.stone is in there from S6. why 2 stones.i wonder if its mercer from when he was a cobra, tine,i think it was. :confused:

Jay
04-20-2007, 04:16 AM
[QUOTE=bravo]jay lt.stone is in there from S6. why 2 stones.i wonder if its mercer from when he was a cobra, tine,i think it was. :confused:[/QUOTE]
Well there are two Long Ranges, two Lifelines, two Sidetracks and two Dustys in there, so why not both Lt. Stones? It's not like they're the same character.

Stormer
04-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Rumbler's there -- track down from the Steel Brigade Commander in the back row, and Rumbler is standing just in front of Sci-Fi and Slipstream.

There are a few I don't recognise:

I'm not overly familiar with the Sgt. Savage characters - I'm assuming they're all in the top-left, near Robo-JOE? I'm pretty sure Savage is the one with the green headband, but I don't know the guys to the left (naked bald guy; red headband guy; thick-set whit shirt guy) and above/right (smooth helmet & monocle-thing guy; JvC Heavy Duty look-a-like guy; round glasses & white headscarf guy). D-Day and Dynamite are amongst them, right? And are some of them from Extreme? (I don't like the idea of having Extreme characters in there since that was a totally seperate universe -- might as well have the Reloaded cast in there too, or at least the female Doc).

Who is the woman in white immediately below Robo-JOE? Not Storm Shadow's apprentice/girlfriend/enemy Junko Akita?

Then a couple of spaces below her is a guy with short, receding blond hair (surrounded by Sidetrack, Scoop, Pathfinder and Mace).

Just left of centre, above Spearhead and then Faces, is a smiling blond guy in a dark blue/black outfit. Maybe Daemon, the computer-guy Serpentor killed? He got more page-time than Cool-Breeze and Mangler put together, and they're on there.

Finally, an the far right edge about 2/3 of the way up, there's someone in black just above T'Gin-Zu, Red Spot and Wreckage. I can't even tell if it's meant to be a man or a woman...

I love the poster more in concept than execution -- the art could be WAY better. I can understand ignoring perspective a bit so the characters in back aren't too small to see properly, but a bit of consistency in scale should still be possible for guys standing next to each other; how huge is Doc, there...?! Shame they didn't get Tim Seeley to do it.

Here's hoping for a Cobra companion piece, with all the individual characters and maybe one each of the different troop-types... :)

Swindle
04-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Who the heck is the bald guy with glasses on the top row? :confused:

Sonneilon
04-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh, that's easy. That's Dr Mindbender.

Seriously, that was a hacker duder that was brought in, iirc, for the Frontline series. He didn't last long and he looked like the old editor for DD, Scott Wherle.

Stormer
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, his codename was "Scanner" because he reviewed the internet, newspapers, TV, etc. to pick up on any pertinent pieces of information and assemble the bigger story (like he'd done when he came to the Joes' attention as an "underground journalist," figuring out more about them and Cobra than they were comfortable with). He was a quaint character although he probably would have worked better as an occasional cameo/resource for the team who hung around for a while instead of being the big, self-sacrificing hero in like his 3rd appearance...

And I'm assuming that's the ill-fated "Sneak Peek II" to the right of Scanner...

bravo
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
guys thanks for trying. ill just wait till thay post it on JBL.

Lava Boss
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Was Chameleon in the big picture? The forgotten female Joe.

Plus what about the mail-in Joe from 2002-2003...which had a random name assigned by Hasbro. That would up the team picture to enormous proportions. ;)

bravo
04-20-2007, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]Was Chameleon in the big picture? The forgotten female Joe.

Plus what about the mail-in Joe from 2002-2003...which had a random name assigned by Hasbro. That would up the team picture to enormous proportions. ;)[/QUOTE]
boss do you mean G.I. Joe Team Reservist, the joes are crach master,bio soldler,
its the same joe diffrent names.see i know all the joes wasent there.

bluestalker88
04-20-2007, 05:11 PM
hey bravo if I had to guess it the big blonde guy would be mouse from sgt. savege and the screaming eagles, the other guys are there so that would be my guess.

Nick

bravo
04-20-2007, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=bluestalker88]hey bravo if I had to guess it the big blonde guy would be mouse from sgt. savege and the screaming eagles, the other guys are there so that would be my guess.

Nick[/QUOTE]
:D kool, it might be.

yorktownjoe
04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
"Where's Waldo?" ;)