PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero 25th Anniversary Q&A

Blowtorch
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Everyone knows about Q & A that the Hasbro GI Joe team has just started. If not go here (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero 25th Anniversary Q&A) for details.

Sonneilon has asked that I spearhead the next Q & A forum which if we both figured out right will be May 14th. Keep in mind that we are only allowed 5 questions so we want the most important question answer first. Also I said "WE"
Son and I think it would be a great idea if we can get the Joe Dio name out to Hasbro. If you folks think about what we do here in the way of our dios and photos is really a tribute to Joe line that all of us have grown up with. So we've got a month so let's here those questions.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue]YO JOE !!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

yorktownjoe
04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Here's my question:

Q: What is the most effective way for collectors to provide feedback to Hasbro to insure the continuity of the line, and to insure the line is desirable to us as collectors?

Excellent thread!

General Scarlett
04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I want to know about issuing (or RE-issuing as the case may be) vehicles. Most specifically the 'Skystriker'...............

Sonneilon
04-16-2007, 12:22 PM
-The continuation of the line has been announced. Will Hasbro stay w/ the characters from 1982-1985 or extend it to other years? Or can they simply choose whoever they want, no matter what year???

-Will the abandoned Wave4 show up w/ the 25th Anniversary sculpting?

ender098
04-16-2007, 03:30 PM
My question follows closely with Sonneilons.

" After the initial 25 '1980's' figures, will we get new characters or just more of the classic characters? "

snipesfg17
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Similar to the poll on Hasbro's Joe page about what six pack you want to see next (may have resulted in the viper pit): "Will fans have any input on which characters are released? If so, how, when, and where?"

Fisher
04-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Is the ongoing line going to be restricted to classic characters only, or will new characters be introduced as the line progresses?

ender098
04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
here's one;

Any chance we will see more realistic vehicles (like the jungle strike and night ops Humvee) or are we gonna see more fantastic vehicles (like the Sigma six stuff)?

maxtype
04-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Will we see more and better Army Builder Packs? Hopefully with officers and soldiers-not named characters..................

Ranger_22
04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Are they targeted to hit specific stores or all stores.

General Scarlett
04-17-2007, 03:52 PM
"Why do you people ask for our opinions and then completely ignore them for something utterly out of the spectrum?"

;) :p

Outrider
04-18-2007, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=yorktownjoe]Here's my question:

Q: What is the most effective way for collectors to provide feedback to Hasbro to insure the continuity of the line, and to insure the line is desirable to us as collectors?[/QUOTE]

Yorky, you took the words right out of my mouth!

yorktownjoe
04-18-2007, 04:10 AM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Yorky, you took the words right out of my mouth![/QUOTE]

When they limit your number of questions, it's good to "sneak" a multi-part (or at least multi-faceted) question in there.

They might give us an answer. If we respond to that channel, and they still ignore our wishes, well, not much we can do then. But if this gives us a proper pipeline to marketing, and if marketing listens to collectors, and if research & development listens to marketing, then there is an outside chance we will see something vaguely resembling what we are looking for. But that is a lot of "if's". And the more "messengers" between collectors and R & D, the more opportunities to confuse the message.

On a tangent, I'm honestly hopeful on the articulation. If they are articulated like the 5th Fleet Security Clone trooper or the 442nd Siege Battalion (except with added articulation at the hips) we could very well be in business. I was not as optimistic prior to picking up a clone trooper as an impulse while looking at empty Joe peg hooks. You can pose those figs out very well. And they are the "right" size for our Joe-worlds.

I guess I'm also interested in grades of plastic to determine if these will hold up over time or not. If you have great figures, but their joints end up limp after a month, that's not good.

Time will tell.

G.I.*Jock
04-18-2007, 04:32 AM
Okay, no one has asked the really important question yet... :eek:

Will there be any mainstream Joe releases which are of the older sculpt styles with o-rings?

Dave :D

Stormer
04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
1) Are we likely to see any new characters/costumes (based on the comics, especially) or just original designs re-sculpted?

2) Will calssic o-ring figures ever be released again (other than by the Club)?

-- both been posted here already, I'm just throwing my support behind them!

Beach head
04-18-2007, 06:22 PM
My questions..

#1: Will Old sculpt ever come back? like the classic packaging, classic accesories, classic figures?

Thats all i got.