PDA

View Full Version : i've noticed somthing

gung ho
04-15-2007, 07:39 PM
i've noticed that alot of people have been posting alot of good pics i was just letting them know to keep up the good work guys!! :D

Sonneilon
04-16-2007, 09:13 AM
This seems to happen every now and then. I think maybe every 6 months, people step up. I've seen it happen w/ Shane, Frank and TG. It was like BAM, my shots suddenly sucked! Seriously, something just snaps and people are taking way better shots.

gung ho
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
lol i can't take shots worth a crap lol i'm just here to comment the pics :p

Sonneilon
04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Eh, it takes time and practice. Sometimes, you just have to let the shots be organic as opposed to micromanaging every lil thing. The best pics are more than just composition, lighting and characters. They convey a story and/or a feeling. Like Outrider's Cross Country shot (the recent Caption THis Foto) is a perfect example. I admit, I can't throw down perfect shots like that all the time. And hell, I'm too lazy to actually take pictures w/ figures these days. Which explains why all I do is fotoshop'd stuff! lol.

Plus... as much as we want every pic to be the bomb, it doesn't quite work like that. In dios, not every shot can be like that. 2 people talking, just how exciting can that shot really be? Maybe if I had taken film classes in school, I could do better. I dunno. Anyway... it's just practice. Of course, some guys just never get better, no matter how much help you give 'em.

gung ho
04-16-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah i ain't any good at photos lol soo i'm gonna stick to the caption this photo and commenting ya'lls pics

Urban Saboteur
04-16-2007, 11:13 AM
[FONT=Arial]As a matter of fact I don't think I'm too great either. I just try an awful lot.. some of my shots that have had 5* have been the end product of spending hours in the garden.. taking 60+ photos.. until I get it right.. I do have photo editing software and sometimes do edit a little bit either to resize or crop certain things out of the picture.. I think you have to get the basics right first.. things like the best angle.. without too much sun glare.. [which i admit always still gets me to this day] I was once told by someone here that its practice practice and yet more practice..
[/FONT]