PDA

View Full Version : Zaaaaaaartaaaaaaaan!

Sonneilon
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I want your guys speculation, opions and thoughts on this one.

It's pretty easy to say that the comic pack Zartan is the best Zartan to come around since GI Joe showed up again in 2001. I don't have a decent Zartan in my current collection and it kills me cuz I have some darn good looking Dreadnoks but the leader so fugly!

So what do you think? You think that we'll see Zartan in the 25th Anniversary Line?

If so, should I wait for the 25th and forgo the Comic Pack? (I'm not a completist)

If you don't think Zartan will show up, should I find Big Z on ebay?

What are your thoughts? That includes the possibility of Zartan being part of the 25th Anniversary figures. I hope he and Bludd make the cut.

maxtype
04-13-2007, 08:32 PM
I can't imagine we wont see Zartan in the 25th line-up-they seem to be pushing the 'iconic' characters and the ones who were on the cartoon.....either way-that says 'Zartan' in my book!!! :D

Jay
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I just bought a Funskool Zartan, whipped out some black paint and fixed him up to look more like his 84 version.

I'm not thrilled about the Comic Pack Zartan. The cowl is nice but the colors are kinda iffy, and the face is all wrong, it's more based on the angry clefty DDP Zartan head design than the way he was done in the Marvel Comics.

Fisher
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Had I known you needed a comic pack Zartan, I wouldn't have taken my second one to make a custom Ripcord in Zartan disguise.

Outrider
04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I'd go with the CP version G. For me he is the ultimate Zartan anyway. Seeing how Hasbro have ruined the 25th stuff already, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything better to suddenly appear. :rolleyes:

Recoil84
04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd definitely go with the comic pack Zartan. If nothing else, it's a classic sculpt that will look normal next to your Dreadnoks. I personally don't like to mix old and new sculpt figures except in very rare cases; usually they look like they're from totally different toy lines.
I think the CP figure is just plain awesome anyway. Very nice cowl, and I think the colors are actually more reflective of the comics/cartoon than the 1984 version.

ender098
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm gonna say if you want the definitive Zartan, get the 2003 version that came with Agent faces. His accessories suck, but give him the comic book versions weapons. And he matches the clear version from MasterCollector, so you can do the "disappear" thing.

Swindle
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Some Zartans Hasbro released looks like he should be hanging at the Blue Oyster bar from the Police Academy movies. :confused:

I like the orginal the best. Just look at the design. It's intriguing, mysterious and all the other cool stuff that makes Zartan so cool.

lehsreh
04-14-2007, 02:23 AM
[COLOR=Red]i dont see a 25th anniversary without zartan. it said the most well known and popular characters so zartan has to be there. [/COLOR]

Urban Saboteur
04-14-2007, 03:23 AM
[FONT=Arial]I'd consider hasbro to be committing something of a crime if they don't have Zartan as one of the 25th. :(
As for the choice.. I have the ARAH version.. and the Original 1984 version. I dunno which I prefer.. I'll most probably go with the original.[/FONT]

Self-Modifier
04-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I'd also be extremely surprised if Zartan isn't among the 25th anniversary figures.

Currently, though, my favorite Zartan is the comic pack version.

ToneGunsRevisited
04-14-2007, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon] I hope he (Zartan) and Bludd make the cut.[/QUOTE]
I'm here with you. Zartan is one of those characters that doesn't need his Dreadnoks to be cool, like Destro doesn't need his Iron Grenadiers to be DA MAN. I would go with the Comic Pack Version ASAP. If they put a 25th out, get it too.

I'm the one that always are beggin big H for a Major Bludd comic pack version. It could be v1 with a better head sculpt. But having him in the 25th is a must have.

Go with the Comic Pack version, will be really hard to knock it.

Fantom
04-14-2007, 01:40 PM
You can find the comic pack Zartan on HasbroToyShop.com for 11.99 so if you need a Nok leader that would be the way to go. Not to mention you will get Fred and Zarana to go with him....

snipesfg17
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
My Zartan is the comic pack version, but I would wait to at least see what the 25th version will look like. I am sure H will make one. The comic pack version is great, but could easily be upstaged by a killa 25th version.

ender098
04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]
I'm the one that always are beggin big H for a Major Bludd comic pack version. It could be v1 with a better head sculpt. But having him in the 25th is a must have. [/QUOTE]

And let's not forget....lose the "bionic arm"! ;)

Sonneilon
04-16-2007, 03:36 PM
That's what I'm questioning, Snipes. I don't want to throw down cash on the comic pack if the 25th is better. I'll hold out until he shows up.