PDA

View Full Version : Joe Compatible toy sets?

ender098
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
A few months ago, on another Joe Forum, they had a post about toys that were compatible with Joes, but weren't from the GI Joe Line. It gave me a lot of ideas (and cost me a small fortune on ebay!!) But some of the stuff they mentioned, I bought and these playsets work well with GI Joe. I'm gonna mention ones I know of/ bought, and if anyone else has playsets that work well, chime in! (Let's forgo the obvious like PTE, BBI and Corps! and try to cover non military figures and sets!)

Aliens Deluxe Playset (from treehouse kids) I used it for my viper pit review!

Star Wars (there are a lot here from the Mos Eisley Bar set to the Endor Bunker and the Ice Planet Hoth set)

MASH 3 3/4 inch vehicles and base (I own two bases and they have a ton of dio accessories!)

Spawn Alley Set

Steel Monsters Line from Tonka (they are post-apocolypitc vehicles ala Mad MAx and go great with Dreaknoks!)

Captain Power Trans-field Communicator and Base set

Batman Wayne Manor (any version)

Ghostbusters Firehouse

Terminator 2 bio-flesh regenerator (it's a little big, but makes a Great background piece for MindBenders Lab!)

Playmobil (anything!)

Lava Boss
04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Police Academy Police Station, while a bit colorful, was a nice building IIRC (i have mine stored away).

Voltron Lions Castle...well...mine was yard sale one, incomplete.

Bionic Six, they had a strange base playset...used to use parts of it a lot. The figures are okay, though part diecast.

Sherwood Forest (ewok village repaint with new leaves) from Robin Hood.

General Scarlett
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Well, my Destro's Castle is Fisher Price and Dr. Mindbender's lab is the 'Fortress of Solitude'. I've also got some other buildings that have been 'updated' to be various Joe buildings. They are from when I was growing up.........Fisher Price is a FANTASTIC medium for me.................

Blowtorch
04-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Well I can say I'm getting a lot of good ideas from this post. Keep them coming.

ender098
04-12-2007, 10:46 AM
OH! I just remembered one! The Castle Dracula from Van Helsing!

If you get the Hulk Movie action figures, one comes in a suspension tank that makes a great background prop for mindbenders lab!

I'd like to see that Police Academy playset!

Jay
04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Voltron had a base in its 3 3/4" line...

There's also some sort of building in the Pirates Of The Carribean line...

Outrider
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
It's incredible what you can find amongst other toy lines if you look hard enough; even Sylvanian families! I picked up a Sylvanian Families camping set which has a tent, campfire, camp stools, and plates, pots and pans, a kettle and cutlery all in perfect Joe scale. They were so good I bought four of them just for the tents alone! ;)

Lava Boss
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]OH! I just remembered one! The Castle Dracula from Van Helsing!

If you get the Hulk Movie action figures, one comes in a suspension tank that makes a great background prop for mindbenders lab!

I'd like to see that Police Academy playset![/QUOTE]

Police Academy Precint playset (http://www.toyarchive.com/PolicePrecinctBackerPic1a.jpg)

My used one was missing the chair, the roof gun and target...maybe the doors, too.

Another classic 3 3/4" line (i never saw Indy in stores back in the day)

Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) (http://www.toyarchive.com/IndianaJonesLostArkSer.html)

ender098
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Lava Boss.....two words:

DAMN, YO!!

LOL! Now I gotta get some more cash! Anyone have the Jurrassic Park Mobile Command Center? I just won one on ebay!

yorktownjoe
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
There were also some Lone Ranger horses that look pretty good. There was a white one ("Hi Ho, Silver, away!"), brown and white one, and a black one. These looked good, but we feared placing O-ring Joes on them for fear of them joining the BCB (broken crotch brigade).

Really old school was Fisher-price Adventure team. they had firemen, nurses, stretchers, camping equipment and fully useable Joe scale vehicles. Jeeps, vans, ambulances, canoes, rafts, kayaks - they were cool. But since they were in the 70's, not too many remain. I have a few sleeping bags that my Joes use from time to time.

Those Indy Jones pics bring back the memories. I had Indy, but his gun hand thumb broke off... German uniform indy, and Toht. Amazing pics you had there!

Lava Boss
04-12-2007, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]Lava Boss.....two words:

DAMN, YO!!

LOL! Now I gotta get some more cash! Anyone have the Jurrassic Park Mobile Command Center? I just won one on ebay![/QUOTE]

I have the hideous neon green recolor, just the trailer part, not the cab. (so it's immobile command center) Apparentlly it's somewhat scarce. I paid a quarter for it at a resale shop.

The trailer works with 3 3/4" figures. The rest...I wouldn't know.