PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Infantry 6 Pack

Blowtorch
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
So I have 6 sets and I thought how about giving one to someone who deserves it free of charge.

So who's interested in getting a loose set w/o the stands?
Post replies here and I'll make a decision Sunday night.

[COLOR=Purple]*slight grammatical fixes... Sonneilon*[/COLOR]

Sonneilon
04-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Dude... Let me help you out on this. The winner will receive a buttload of official Hasbro stands. In that way, the set WILL be complete. :D

B-torch, lemme know who wins so I can send them a bunch of stands.

Jay
04-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I could use one last set. I have a good amount of Vipers but only a few Blueshirts (two sets), and I overpaid considerably for both of them... and considering how in spite of my knee and foot problems, I am always giving up my seats in the bus and subway to elderly people and pregnant women, karma owes me.

Blowtorch
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
BTW I should point out that this is open to all members reguardless of where you live.

Fantom
04-12-2007, 07:10 AM
How about splitting a 6-pack up among 6 of us. I have 5 of the 6 troops, just missing the Red Head trooper. How about this, whoever you decide to give these to, that person is then obligated to offer up the next selfless give away??? Kind of keep the ball rolling here. This is a mightly generous offer you have going.

ender098
04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
I know that Shane (LordRaven) probably wants one. I know for a fact he has no blueshirts. And I think General Scarlett is also a little short in that area. If you have 6 sets, these 2 would be GREAT candidates!

If you're giving them away, I'll take one, that is if no one else wants asks. I have 4 sets, so I don't wanna be greedy, but there is always more room on my shelf for troop builders! But if anyone out there needs them, take care of the needy first. I don't NEED them, I just WANT them! ;)

ToneGunsRevisited
04-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I would really like a infantry pack, but if there are no more availiable I'll not die ;). Maybe I can help you to get this weight out of your sholders :D.

Sonneilon
04-12-2007, 08:49 AM
BE GREEDY!

That's how army building works! :P

Stormer
04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I'd love a set -- I've never even seen a TRU blueshirt in person, largely due to being in the UK. I did see them on the TRU website (which only ships within the US) when they were released, but by the time I'd asked a US friend if I could get a set shipped to them they'd sold out! Since then, I've been outbid on more packs than I can count and for the last couple of years I've been stuck in poor-paying temp jobs trying to clear student-related debts going back to 2003 (finally got my Mastercard paid off in January with my birthday money...woo...). I've basically given up on finding a set I could afford, now.

As for being "deserving," I dunno -- I do try to be a good person. The other week I donated £20 (about $40) to Comic Relief despite being on unemployment benefit, and I still make monthly donations to ActionAid...? I'm not exactly short of army-builders in my collection so there may be others who are more in need of Cobra cannon-fodder than me, but I wasn't going to totally pass up an opportunity to possibly get these guys at last...!

LordRaven
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Frank is correct. I have NO blueshirts and only one pack of the Cobra Night Watch. However, I've been very lucky in what I've been given already, and didn't want to raise my hand.

Dersham
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Ya gotta love the irony of this thread, considering one of our members wanted free troopers badly. I too have never actually seen the blueshirts up close and personal which is disappointing, but that's just how it is. To be honest I don't know if those exclusives ever made their way into Canadian Toys 'R Us' but I don't believe they made their way into the one in my town, otherwise I would've been all over them. So I will say that it would be pretty awesome to get my hands on some. I can promise them a good home (hanging from those green sleeves :p ) and many a battles in which they can fight in, though probably as the bad guys.

Outrider
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
If only we could see the future! The TRU in Australia have never stocked much Joe stuff (currently NONE), but one thing they did get was Blueshirts! A couple of years ago they were throwing them out in the clearance aisle at $15 Aussie, which is about $12 US. I satisfied my hunger, so I'm not after anymore, but had I known they were in such short supply amongst so many people here, I would have stocked up on 'em for everyone who needed them. Even with the postage cost factored in, they would have been cheap and plentiful. :(

ender098
04-12-2007, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]If only we could see the future! The TRU in Australia have never stocked much Joe stuff (currently NONE), but one thing they did get was Blueshirts! A couple of years ago they were throwing them out in the clearance aisle at $15 Aussie, which is about $12 US. I satisfied my hunger, so I'm not after anymore, but had I known they were in such short supply amongst so many people here, I would have stocked up on 'em for everyone who needed them. Even with the postage cost factored in, they would have been cheap and plentiful. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's almost the way it is with the Local TRU's here and the Viper Pits. The TRU in Palm Springs has 8 Viper Pit 6 packs just hanging on the shelf. Now, if the price would just drop from $24.99 to lets say $19.99 or even, $14.99, I'd fill my hold with them!

Anyone need Viper pits? If you do, shoot me the $25.00 via PAypal and I'll get them for ya!

FireflyV1
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I need some of them myself

"I am a jelly donut."

Jay
04-12-2007, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=FireflyV1]I need some of them myself[/QUOTE]
Good golly, I wonder who this might be.....

If there wasn't a swear filter in here, night creeper/stormshadowisdeadly/firefly #1/beach head rocks, I would tell you to go f--- yourself with a hot iron poker in the a--.

Blowtorch
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
After the PM I just got....Guess what Jay you're right it is him.
General Scarlett I'll forward the PM to you when I get off work.

Jay
04-12-2007, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]After the PM I just got....Guess what Jay you're right it is him.
General Scarlett I'll forward the PM to you when I get off work.[/QUOTE]
Uhm... does this mean I get the Blueshirt pack for IDing the frauder? :D

maxtype
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Give it to General Scarlett-she works hard keeping jerk-face and his ilk away from us....

General Scarlett
04-12-2007, 05:10 PM
HooBoy.............I really can't stand this!!!

Listen Night Creeper/stormshadowisdeadly/fireflyv1 and whatever the hell else you call yourself ('cause I really can't remember the lame@$$ed one you used when you asked for the admin host address-DUH!!), JUST STOP!!!

Stop with the PM's
Stop with the BEGGING
Stop with the HARRASSING

You're doing nothing but ostracizing yourself even more (and if your not sure of what that word means, google 'websters.com')

You begged and pleaded for another chance a few times already.....we all decided to give it to you and even tried to give you sage advice....and EVERY time you've crapped all over it!!

I'm sorry, but YOUR DONE HERE!!! Pack out your trash...............you don't have to go home, BUT YOU SURE AS HELL CAN'T STAY HERE!!!!

gung ho
04-12-2007, 07:39 PM
i'll take them ;) lol i ain't got any vipers at all

ender098
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=FireflyV1]I need some of them myself[/QUOTE]

NO! You must be kidding! I didn't know that? You mean you didn't post that on every thread, pic, how-to, review and dio you posted about, again and again ad nauseum, until we were all about to puke?

[QUOTE=FireflyV1]
"I am a jelly donut." [/QUOTE]

Not quite.....I can say what you are, but then...I'd be banned too!

Fantom
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
YO Blowtorch...I had a crazy idea. Why don't you hold a "Best Pic" wins contest. Set some ground rules, have everyone interested post a pic, and then have the pics voted on. Best pic wins your Blue Shirts...Just an idea.

Blowtorch
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Fantom]YO Blowtorch...I had a crazy idea. Why don't you hold a "Best Pic" wins contest. Set some ground rules, have everyone interested post a pic, and then have the pics voted on. Best pic wins your Blue Shirts...Just an idea.[/QUOTE]

As much as I like that idea, it's not going to happen. There is a method to my maddness.

Jay
04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Fantom]YO Blowtorch...I had a crazy idea. Why don't you hold a "Best Pic" wins contest. Set some ground rules, have everyone interested post a pic, and then have the pics voted on. Best pic wins your Blue Shirts...Just an idea.[/QUOTE]
That wouldn't be very fair. Not everyone has access to the same landscapes, not everyone has the right lighting techniques, not everyone has the expensive high-quality digicams...

Blowtorch, man, if you give me that Blueshirt pack, I'll... uhm... I'll show you a Super Robot doing the monkey!

blaster_e11
04-13-2007, 12:10 AM
it's funny it remembers me of SW forums at last since the 2005 :rolleyes: :mad:

lehsreh
04-13-2007, 03:54 AM
[COLOR=Red]throw a set this way...[/COLOR]

Jay
04-13-2007, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=FireflyV1]"I am a jelly donut."[/QUOTE]
That's harsh, man. A jelly donut is WAY smarter than you.

Fisher
04-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I am gonna go on record to say I do not need any, just in case the method to madness was to award someone who didn't ask for them. I have more than enough blueshirts.

Fantom
04-13-2007, 07:15 AM
You know, I was looking at the "Introduce Yourself" thread and this Night Creep guy is 19??? He acts like he is 10. But what perplexes me the most is that being 19, he should have a decent job being out of High School and should be able to afford to build himself a decent Joe collection so why is he always begging for figs??? Do you think he is lying about his age?? Anyway, glad to see he is banned. He was quite annoying. He even PM'd me asking for figs....

Fisher
04-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Fantom, he also originally claimed to be 12 in his original profile, StormShadowIsDeadly. He also stated that he was from Big Stone Gap, VA, which is a small town that produced the NFL RB brothers Thomas and Julius Jones. I live in WIse, VA, the county seat of Wise county, 15 minutes from Big Stone Gap. He didn't know how to get to the town of Wise, nor how to get to the toy shop I recommended him to, which leads me to believe he was really 12, or even younger.

Once he saw where I was from, he began to fill my PM box begging me to go get figures for him, and I would reply that I am not going that way for a few weeks, and he would still beg and beg, stating his car was broken down. I tried to help him out by pointing him in the right direction, but I am glad the Brass dishonorably discharged him.

yorktownjoe
04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
"I am a jelly donut."

That is too funny!

That is a direct translation of JFK's speech in Berlin! He said "Ich bin ein Berliner." He was trying to identify with the crowd in the speech. Unfortuantely, using American English Noun/verb use it made sense to Americans, but not to Germans. Berliners were the jelly filled pastry treats, and he said he was one. In retrospect, he should have said that today he was from Berlin. "Ich bin von Berlin."

That's today's German language lesson... and Sonne, you continue to crack me up!!

Blowtorch, feel free to give the set to whom you will. And if you were using this as a high feint ploy to draw out a traitor, then I must say "Well played, master!"

Blowtorch
04-13-2007, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=yorktownjoe]
Blowtorch, feel free to give the set to whom you will. And if you were using this as a high feint ploy to draw out a traitor, then I must say "Well played, master!"[/QUOTE]

Everyone rest assured there will be a set going to someone. Believe me this isn't an easy decision to make, but there really is a method to my maddness.

Sonneilon
04-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I occassionally, have that saying in my head for no reason. I just thought it'd be funny to put down.

And Fantom, I was thinking the same thing last nite. IF this guy was 19, he'd most likely have some sort of job and could buy the stuff himself. But we all know that he stated himself as 12 which means, uh... well, whatever Frank says. Now what was this thread about again?

b-torch, please make sure I know who the winner is too so I can send the stands!

Stormer
04-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Blowtorch -- howsabout sending them to Frank to include in the care package for the kid he knows? Since you're giving them away, and he's someone who's definitely not going to be able to buy any himself. I'm sure enemy soldiers would be ideal (if he's anything like I was as a kid playing with Joes, Star Wars, etc) and if he does get into the whole Joe hobby more (comics, cartoons, etc) he's gonna see Cobra Troopers and will appreciate these guys all the more.

Since we've got these 2 threads running concurrently, and you said you wanted to give them to someone deserving, and he seems like the worthiest recipient we all know of!

ToneGunsRevisited
04-13-2007, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Stormer]Blowtorch -- howsabout sending them to Frank to include in the care package for the kid he knows? Since you're giving them away, and he's someone who's definitely not going to be able to buy any himself. I'm sure enemy soldiers would be ideal (if he's anything like I was as a kid playing with Joes, Star Wars, etc) and if he does get into the whole Joe hobby more (comics, cartoons, etc) he's gonna see Cobra Troopers and will appreciate these guys all the more.

Since we've got these 2 threads running concurrently, and you said you wanted to give them to someone deserving, and he seems like the worthiest recipient we all know of![/QUOTE]
Agree!!! Let's not get greedy here!!!

Blowtorch
04-13-2007, 09:54 AM
I really do appreciate all the suggestions. A decision will be made Sunday. It's going to be a hard one, but again there is a method to my maddness

Blowtorch
04-14-2007, 08:50 AM
That's right folks there is a second set availible plus (you may want to remain seated) One complete OCS set. Final decision will be made at midnight tonight.

Sonneilon, Thanks for the offer with the stands, but I need to ask you to stand down.

THE MADDNESS CONTINUES

Sonneilon
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Ok, no problemo. Whoever wins and wants the stands, lemme know.

General Scarlett
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Good Luck to all of you guys..................... :)

Blowtorch, I don't envy you in making this descision. ;)

I'd just like to remind everyone, no matter WHO Blowtorch ultimately chooses...........EVERYONE here is a 'winner'............and all of you need to respect that. NO HARD FEELINGS, got it??? :cool:

*puts 'big sister' hat away, again..... :D *

LordRaven
04-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Good Luck gang.

Fantom
04-14-2007, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]That's right folks there is a second set availible plus (you may want to remain seated) One complete OCS set. Final decision will be made at midnight tonight.

Sonneilon, Thanks for the offer with the stands, but I need to ask you to stand down.

THE MADDNESS CONTINUES[/QUOTE]

Whats an OCS set??? Also, out of curiosity, what prompted this? I mean, how come you are giving these away?

ender098
04-14-2007, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Fisher]Fantom, he also originally claimed to be 12 in his original profile, StormShadowIsDeadly. He also stated that he was from Big Stone Gap, VA, which is a small town that produced the NFL RB brothers Thomas and Julius Jones. I live in WIse, VA, the county seat of Wise county, 15 minutes from Big Stone Gap. He didn't know how to get to the town of Wise, nor how to get to the toy shop I recommended him to, which leads me to believe he was really 12, or even younger.

Once he saw where I was from, he began to fill my PM box begging me to go get figures for him, and I would reply that I am not going that way for a few weeks, and he would still beg and beg, stating his car was broken down. I tried to help him out by pointing him in the right direction, but I am glad the Brass dishonorably discharged him.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have personally sent him 5 figures (Lowlights V1 and V2, Firefly V1 and Crimson Guard firefly and a Snake Eyes V23) and they have all gone to a woman who he claims is his mother (Who IS in Big Stone Gap!). When I asked him about it, he said he just moved and didn't get a mailbox yet. What kind of apartment or house, or even trailer doesn't have a mailbox? And it was like this for the 3 weeks period I sent him figures. And what adult can't get a PO box in like 1 day? My guess; he's like 10-13. I've been thinking this since he showed up as Valor 13. His childish behavior, his inability to follow simple rules, is total lack of writing ability and use of punctuation and his OUTLANDISH lies that he REALLY thinks are believable enough for people to swallow.

I told Graham this everytime he changed his name and tried to come back again! I even tried to be civil to him this last time by telling him what I thought he was saying was BS and he needed to be honest. I even sent him the action figures. I figured if someone took care of him he'd quit acting like a SmackTard! Hopefully, now that he has five figures, he realizes he's used us for all we're worth, and he'll move on.

Oh, BTW....Send the OCS stuff and Soldiers to LordRaven or Gen Scarlett! They need them! ;)

Blowtorch
04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Fantom]Whats an OCS set??? Also, out of curiosity, what prompted this? I mean, how come you are giving these away?[/QUOTE]

It was a KB Toys exclusive Operation Crimson Sabotage
see it here http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/operationcrimsonsabotage/

Why am I doing this?...well let's just say the answer is soon to come.

General Scarlett
04-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow, that's a cool looking OCS set..........I dig the red..........whoever gets all this swag, you are a lucky guy!!!

You better make sure you send Blowtorch a really nice 'Thank You' note!!! ;)

Stormer
04-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Despite my first post on this thread, I do really think that if stuff like this is being given away it's best being sent to a kid who's never going to be able to get such items of his own accord, plus still full-on plays with the toys. I remember how much fun it was when I was still young enough to just immerse myself in play with my Joes and I really, really like the idea of there being another kid out there who could get to experience the same thing with Cobra troops and Crimson tanks which became the collectors' items they did largely because of the high play value they had in the first place!

I'm really just intrigued to see where this is going, and to discover why a collector would give away items like these which could fetch a nice few bucks at auction or even just offering them up for sale!

Fantom
04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Wow, that's a cool looking OCS set..........I dig the red..........whoever gets all this swag, you are a lucky guy!!!
[/QUOTE]

Or girl ;)

Dersham
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
:eek: Oh man the OCS set too, man that's sweetening the pot all right. I must admit it would be pretty awesome to collect, but I guess I shouldn't be too greedy about it :p . Well still whoever gets it will be very lucky indeed.

Jay
04-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Cool beans about the extra set and the OCS set... I'm only interested in a blueshirt set though, so...

ToneGunsRevisited
04-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Madness? I would call this something else. LOL.

Maybe a possible explanation is he was so dedicated to his SW diostorie that something strange happened to his brain :D.

LordRaven
04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I wanna just go ahead and thank Blowtorch for his generosity and kindness for doing this little raffle. It's amazing that in this small online community we can have so much friendship that giving things away is such a hard choice to make. We're all very lucky to have no real problems on this board, and that we can all talk about the same things without a flaming incident. Let's keep the camaraderie going people, for a long long time.

General Scarlett
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Hear, hear Shane!!! TRU DAT!!!! :cool:

Soundwave
04-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I love the pack ...infact I have 36 of them.

Blowtorch
04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
First off I’d like to thank all of you for your participation in this little endeavor. Now I’m sure all of you are wondering what would posses me to do this. Well it was to prove a point…. Don’t worry I’m not going to renege on my offer. I’m not going to tarnish my honor doing that.
What I’m going to say will probably get me banned, but I’ve been really disgusted with this site. Some of you really have some big ones. Problem is you either don’t realize you’re doing this or you just don’t care. I find it really sad that after posting this all of the sudden I was Mister Popular. Funny how one single photo got tons of replies yet one I posted days prior pretty much went unnoticed. This wasn’t an attempt to get a photo noticed by the way. It was to point out that there are other members of this site who put a 110% into the photos they do or contribute to this site in some small fashion. Yet the ones who get all the praise and gratitude seems to be the same people i.e. Ender, Outrider, Lordraven, Stormer, Toneguns…The list goes on. As far as I’m concerned you guys are moderators just with out the title. You’ve all developed your own little clique. Judging by the replies on this post you all pretty much look out for either yourselves or each other. I remember a couple posts on this site that refers to us as family and friends…. Not really the case here. A good example is wishing Happy Birthday to members. Is it really that hard to list everyone’s Birthday for the month? No it only took me a few minutes out of my time to wish everyone Happy Birthday. People it’s the little things in life that go a long way. By that I mean make a positive comment about someone’s photo not some jerk off comment that certain members like to make. Reply to an IM when you get one and yes I really do thinks that’s rude to ignore someone like that and more so now seeing a few members who have done it now what something free. There are countless ways we can help each other on this site and get that Family feel we claim we have here. However some of us get blown off because we don’t fit into the clique. Yet it’s these same clique members throwing their hands up saying “give it to me”

Okay now on to the winners….
This decision wasn’t easy, but I will say this… Moderators you were excluded from the beginning sorry I’ve been to way too many sites where the moderator benefits from having built a site. (My nice way of putting it) I however have never been that lucky the last site I created ended up, being “destroyed” because a certain person decided to screw me on a trade. So when I stood up for myself I ended up with a lot of bad publicity towards my site, suspended from another and banned from another. Funny part on that was later on he was caught bid shilling on Ebay. Yet he’s still a respected member of the Joe community… go figure.
Jay I hate to say it, but you almost had it. The problem was the comment about Karma. Dude you don’t decide when you deserve Karma it decides when you deserve it. Giving up seats on the bus and subway to elderly people and pregnant women that’s called being a gentleman.

Yorktownjoe

snipesfg17

General Jones

Congratulations Gentleman you’ve all proven to be great assets to this site. IM me on yahoo so we can discuss who gets what.

LordRaven
04-14-2007, 09:11 PM
If you got a problem with me, you come to me, you don't rant about it in the site. When I said we were like a family, I seriously meant it. Then, I get ham stringed cause I'm friendly with everyone on this site. Thanks alot. I don't even care about not "winning" I never wanted it anyways, I've been too lucky on this site and had good deals with good people. I'm pissed about being "too popular" by some standards.

Jay
04-14-2007, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]The problem was the comment about Karma. Dude you don’t decide when you deserve Karma it decides when you deserve it. Giving up seats on the bus and subway to elderly people and pregnant women that’s called being a gentleman. [/QUOTE]
No. Giving up seats on the bus and subway to elderly people and pregnant people when you are fine is called being a gentleman.
Giving up your seat when your feet are malformed and your knees are problematic and both are hurting from a hard day of work, that's called being selfless.

Either way, congratulations to the winners.

ender098
04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]First off I’d like to thank all of you for your participation in this little endeavor. Now I’m sure all of you are wondering what would posses me to do this. Well it was to prove a point…. Don’t worry I’m not going to renege on my offer. I’m not going to tarnish my honor doing that.
What I’m going to say will probably get me banned, but I’ve been really disgusted with this site. Some of you really have some big ones. Problem is you either don’t realize you’re doing this or you just don’t care. I find it really sad that after posting this all of the sudden I was Mister Popular. .[/QUOTE]

Uhm, I don't remember you being that popular. This THREAD was popular. Hey, give something rare or expensive away, people are gonna be interested. FACT of life...GROW up. And yes, at first I said I Wanted them, but then I thought of my friends. Sorry...I didn't know looking out for my friends was being "disgusting" maybe if you helped out a few people or looked out for someone's intrest instead of being all "BOO HOO!" becuase no one payed attention to your photo, maybe people would pay more attention to you! I've had a few pictures I worked my ass of making that people barely commented on. I just suck it up and post more and try to get better!

[QUOTE=Blowtorch]
Funny how one single photo got tons of replies yet one I posted days prior pretty much went unnoticed. This wasn’t an attempt to get a photo noticed by the way. It was to point out that there are other members of this site who put a 110% into the photos they do or contribute to this site in some small fashion. Yet the ones who get all the praise and gratitude seems to be the same people i.e. Ender, Outrider, Lordraven, Stormer, Toneguns…The list goes on. As far as I’m concerned you guys are moderators just with out the title. You’ve all developed your own little clique. Judging by the replies on this post you all pretty much look out for either yourselves or each other. I remember a couple posts on this site that refers to us as family and friends…. Not really the case here. A good example is wishing Happy Birthday to members. Is it really that hard to list everyone’s Birthday for the month? No it only took me a few minutes out of my time to wish everyone Happy Birthday. People it’s the little things in life that go a long way.
[/QUOTE]

WRONG! This is not a "Happy Birthday" site, nor is it MySpace where you get 10,000 friends. If you spent more time contributing "joe" stuff and quit worrying about being liked or watched out for, maybe someone would pay attention! Do I look out for my fellow Joe Fans? Yes! And they look out for me. I have NEVER turned anyone down for ANYTHING! Ask. Ask anyone who asked me for anything! I have given stuff for free.....not because I need friends, but because there are people out there who aren't as financially as well off as I am ,and they, too LOVE GI Joe! I work my ass off here with reviews, tutorials and dios.....how much have you contributed? I made friends with Outrider and Sonneilon because they encouraged me and asked me for NOTHING! Things that go a long way is CONTRIBUTING and encouraging. I could have said a lot of bad things about a lot of crappy pics, but if I don't have anything good to say, I DON'T SAY IT! Why? Because of "nobody likes me" crybabies like you! God forbid I offend someone who bases the worth of his life on his "popularity" on a site where full grown men post pictures of toys!

[QUOTE=Blowtorch]
By that I mean make a positive comment about someone’s photo not some jerk off comment that certain members like to make. Reply to an IM when you get one and yes I really do thinks that’s rude to ignore someone like that and more so now seeing a few members who have done it now what something free. There are countless ways we can help each other on this site and get that Family feel we claim we have here. However some of us get blown off because we don’t fit into the clique. Yet it’s these same clique members throwing their hands up saying “give it to me”
[/QUOTE]

When have I never returned a PM? When have I ever said anything bad about a pic? I may have gave a little corrective criticism, but only maybe once have I trashed a pic, and you KNOW that pic had to have issues! So, what? You post a pic or two and we're supposed to praise you and exhault you? When did you EVER TRY to fit into the clique? There is no clique....only those who participate and those who sit it out and whine that they aren't popular! It does have a family feel here. Just because you choose to be the quiet cousin in the corner and not participate doesn't mean you're not part of the family. It just means you just CHOOSE not to make yourself noticed! So don't blame us because we're active and you CHOOSE to sit in a corner and stew because you're not the center of attention!

I don't mind getting crap flung at me, I'm a big boy and I can take it as well as dish it out, but how dare you throw mud at Outrider, Lordraven, Stormer, Toneguns. How about doing what they do, and if you have a problem with someone, act like a gentlemen and an adult and confront them in PM's, not hide in the corner feeling sorry for yourself and then come out blasting the ones who put out here?? And if they don't PM you back, do what I do....say "F*** em, if they're too good, I don't need them!"

I may get banned for this, but this is a CHEAP LOW blow by someone childish.

[QUOTE=Blowtorch] BTW I should point out that this is open to all members reguardless of where you live.[/QUOTE]

And I'm making sure I offer it to everyone so the ones who speak up the most and don't hide in the shadows like me, I can sling mud at! :p :mad:

[QUOTE=Blowtorch]
Okay now on to the winners….
This decision wasn’t easy, but I will say this… Moderators you were excluded from the beginning sorry I’ve been to way too many sites where the moderator benefits from having built a site. (My nice way of putting it) I however have never been that lucky the last site I created ended up, being “destroyed” because a certain person decided to screw me on a trade. So when I stood up for myself I ended up with a lot of bad publicity towards my site, suspended from another and banned from another. Funny part on that was later on he was caught bid shilling on Ebay. Yet he’s still a respected member of the Joe community… go figure.
Jay I hate to say it, but you almost had it. The problem was the comment about Karma. Dude you don’t decide when you deserve Karma it decides when you deserve it. Giving up seats on the bus and subway to elderly people and pregnant women that’s called being a gentleman.
[/QUOTE]

Go figure! You ended up screwed when you tried to make your own, "Join me and be my friend site". Did you ever think maybe you are just socially inept and most of it is because you're blaming it on everyone else?

[QUOTE=Blowtorch]
Yorktownjoe

snipesfg17

General Jones

Congratulations Gentleman you’ve all proven to be great assets to this site. IM me on yahoo so we can discuss who gets what.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can agree on. Congrads you guys. You guys are swell, and deserve it (no sarcasm intended) BT did make a good choice on who to give the stuff to.

[QUOTE=Blowtorch]
What I’m going to say will probably get me banned, but I’ve been really disgusted with this site.
[/QUOTE]

Then why stay? IF you're so much more superior......LEAVE!!!!

Admins.....If you wanna ban me for my reply, all I can say is, it was well worth it to defend my fellow Joe fans and friends I have made on this site!

Outrider
04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
This whole thing has me totally baffled. BT, because you mentioned me specifically, I take it you must have a problem with me. I always considered you amongst the better contributors to this site, and I have always enjoyed your work. I may not have commented on every picture you have ever posted, but I don't do that for anyone, because being on dial-up, I don't have the time. I think you'll also find that I have never dumped on your pics (or anyone's for that matter). Like Frank, if I don't have a positive comment to make, I'll shut up. I also answer every p.m. I receive, simply because I believe in being courteous and respectful to others.
And as for being part of a clique, you've lost me on that one, too. I just post my pics, and whatever happens, happens. I don't collude with anyone. Sometimes I get a lot of replies, and sometimes only a few and sometimes even none, it's the same for everyone. I have no control over who does or doesn't reply, nor do I seek any.
There are people here who I have become friends with, because they are good people, not because of what they can give me or how good their pictures are.
At the end of it all, I'm saddened and mystified that you feel this way.

silentdusty
04-15-2007, 06:04 AM
I actually have only three cobra figures, Storm Shadow, Destro, and Firefly (which was graciously given to me by Lord Raven), I wouldn't mind having one or two.

Thanks,

Sonneilon
04-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Ahem. Let's cut to the crap right now.

Alan's been punked. He's felt he's been punked. He's whining about either himself or others not getting enough love for the photos they submit. Guess what, this has been brought up by other members. ToneGuns has stated, "I don't understand how a photo can get over 100 looks but nobody says anything." I've wondered the same thing. Hell, I threw down a dio and it's gotten 3 replies. I'm usually used to 7-10 and NONE ever respond from the JBL. (But it's a harder sell over there)

The Happy B-day threads. I'll admit that it's usually a popularity thing but in the end, most people really don't care. I suppose I could figure out a way to wish people Happy B-days and if it makes this place feel more like a community, I will.

The IM Issue. We're talking Instant Messaging, not PMs, right? Uhmmmmmm, let's see. A bunch of us use MSN and I know I ain't ever talked to you. I know I've tried talking to a few people, never seems to get far w/ some folk. WHich is fine. I do talk to Shane and Luis and Kevin and Craig and Prudential from time to time. You can call it a clique if you want. If you were on MSN at the right hours, you'd talk to 'em too. *shrug*

As for mods being excluded, you should have stated that at the beginning. I was offering the stands so the 'winner' could have a FULL set. I would have sent them the 'official' Hasbro stands that I have absolutely NO USE for! I have no problems w/ mods be excluded, that's cool. BUT FOR ANYONE RUNNING A 'CONTEST', STATE THE RULES!!!

The clique issue. Yes there is one. Or two. Or 12. Alan, if you had MSN, you'd be talking to Shane, Luis, Kevin, Pru, etc on a more regular basis. I try to step back and just let people do their own thing. But understand this too, if you piss one of them off (or vice versa), neither end up talking to each other. Some people are more sensitive than others here about things. I'll admit it, I do talk to those guys and a lot of times, it's bouncing ideas off 'em or we're griping about our love life. And Craig. I don't think he'd say he's part of the clique. He's helped me out many times w/ my dios, that doesn't make US a clique. Know this, I've witnessed other cliques of the JD out there.

And let's get this straight. You aren't popular because of this thread. As Frank pointed out, the subject matter is what is popular.

I'll discuss things w/ GenScar. But I'll tell you what. If you feel that is necessary to leave cuz things disgust you, feel free to leave. It's the nature of the world wide web, websites and 'communities'. If you feel that you should be banned, we can accomodate that too. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do and this is how things turned out.

BUT. Playing a popularity contest, purposely choosing who would win and then griping about things, that's not the way to go about it. Next time, take the crap to those responsible, please. Including me. And Scar. And Hammerfel. And DieselboyM.

This thread will remain open. Please play nice.

gung ho
04-15-2007, 09:59 AM
what was this really all about anyways?

Fantom
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Pretty freakin Bizarre....BIZARRE I say....People that post here who recieve lots of feedback on their pics like Outrider is because his pics are some of the best. You can tell there is a lot of thought and effort that went into it. And Tone Guns, he probably posts the most pics out of anyone, and he selects some of the coolest locations. It doesn't seem to me that there is a favoritsm thing going on. For instance, check out the new comer Recoil84 who jumps on board and his pics have received lots of attention. Again, its because they are well thought out and look great and he's only been over here for a month or so. And what about your star wars pic??? You posted that up in the forum for feedback, and it was well thought out and looked fantastic and everyone said so. Not because you were giving away free stuff. I personally do not have a lot of time so I don't even see all the pics that get posted and I am sure that is the same with most people that are a part of this forum. This site and forum is a hobby in a way, a place to get away from the normality of life. I wouldn't take it too seriously and let the lack of responses to your pics hurt your self esteem. Geez, thats kind of weird.

ToneGunsRevisited
04-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, what can I say? I think I couldn't understand well, all that long coments :p . My english stops to work at some point. All I now is that I'm one of the ones who have done more posts here. Actually as ToneGusRevisited I've 2.157 coments and I know that my early nick ToneGuns (wich I had to change, 'because I reached the maximus of my picture posts), was around + or - 1.300. What gives me more than 3.457 posts (Can someone bite this number?)!!! I never tried to be rude, or got involved in any mess or fight. I try to post on most of the pictures. If I think it is nice I say it. If I think it could be better I try to explain how. I'm a hard coment when things come to have focus problems. And I ask to people re-do some of their work. The last one that I gently asked for it was blaster_11, he did it ASAP for my pleasure. That wasn't an order just a request, he did it, and did it very, very well!!!

So far I can remember I was always nice to you as I'm with other members. You, BT, was one of thie first guys that posted on my pictures, but you had to left for something else, If I'm not wrong correct me. I'm always felt like your friend, as I'm Shane, Frank, Dave, Nemesis, Adriano (Gatilho), Prudence, Graham, and sorry for the ones that I didn't remember here. These guys I always find online, we chat along on MSN. Of course I've a, mimor problems chating with Craig, is 12h in my future :D. Shane and Frank are from my STB (Shit Talkin' Brigade). But I don't feel that I left someone outside the door. All the people who looked for me got my attention.

I'll not jump to help anyone here like my Brotha Frank did (this is a job for a real Marine, i can understand him ;)). But what I know about a picture of mine is that if it doesn't get coments it is 'cuz I need to work a little more hard, but it doesn't let me down. It's a motivation. Take a look at my pictures, if Shane (one of my best online friends) post on all of them. No. Somethimes I ask myself what I need to do to call his attention, but it doesn't make him a minor friend or it look like he doesn't like me. Our friendship have more than just coments on pictures. I was the one who put him and Frank in contact. The matter was a Blackhawk helo, from PTE.

I was trying to motivate you on your SW dio attempt. I know how hard is find a diostorie from the Star Wars Universe, or get a feedback. I know about 4 people. Me, 2 that I found on Rebel Scum (but they are not dio writers, what they do is photonovels) and you. And looks to me that you have alot of good coments on your SW ictures showed on this forum.

What always let me mad and I told it to Shane, Frank and G. People who post once in a while like saying, look I'm god, and left. People who come just to post pictures, but doesn't try to do at least a few coments to help others getting back.

I'll look forward for your pictures, your dios and your friendship. If you wanna talk more with me, do what I did: Ask people about their MSN adresses.

Congratulations to the winners. I hope they can show us some nice pictures of those great sets!

Fantom
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
The more I thought about this the more underhanded BT's experiment seems to me. Does this make you feel like a bigger man, to point out individuals flaws and condenscend peoples reactions after your mischeivious ploy draws them out? . :mad:
Pretty petty and pathetic of you. Seems to me that you are still sore from that 'pic rating' thread discusion.
I had a feeling that there was something up your sleeve. Hope you feel proud of yourself, to burn a community of people across the globe that you have been a part of from the start. I am still relativley new here, and don't feel that your misgivings were pointed at me at all, but it still chaps my hide what you have done and I can only imagine how the people that your aingst was pointed at must feel.
And I don't think BT is done with this. I believe that his further intentions is to create disention amongst our ranks so to speak. Personally I think that our Moderators should ban him, because his only intention from here on out is to create more drama and I for 1 can't stand drama....

ToneGunsRevisited
04-15-2007, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=Fantom]The more I thought about this the more underhanded BT's experiment seems to me. Does this make you feel like a bigger man, to point out individuals flaws and condenscend peoples reactions after your mischeivious ploy draws them out? . :mad:
Pretty petty and pathetic of you. Seems to me that you are still sore from that 'pic rating' thread discusion.
I had a feeling that there was something up your sleeve. Hope you feel proud of yourself, to burn a community of people across the globe that you have been a part of from the start. I am still relativley new here, and don't feel that your misgivings were pointed at me at all, but it still chaps my hide what you have done and I can only imagine how the people that your aingst was pointed at must feel.
And I don't think BT is done with this. I believe that his further intentions is to create disention amongst our ranks so to speak. Personally I think that our Moderators should ban him, because his only intention from here on out is to create more drama and I for 1 can't stand drama....[/QUOTE]
Let's keep going on with our hobby. If he want stay let him stay. We have real things to worrie about. For example, how take better pictures ;). He has freedom to speak as you and me Fantom. Maybe what he did is a bless to all of us. Maybe his intention was create a drama, but it can get us united and stronger.
I just understand why he was kind to me offering himself to get me 2 packs of Battle Droids and today he bad mounths me. :confused:

Fantom
04-15-2007, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]Let's keep going on with our hobby. If he want stay let him stay. We have real things to worrie about. For example, how take better pictures ;). He has freedom to speak as you and me Fantom. Maybe what he did is a bless to all of us. Maybe his intention was create a drama, but it can get us united and stronger.
I just understand why he was kind to me offering himself to get me 2 packs of Battle Droids and today he bad mounths me. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Got to say TG, it takes a big man to forgive and tyr-to-forget like that. On with the hobby.....

General Scarlett
04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
OK guys, here goes...............

Like everyone else, I followed this thread. How could we not? Even if we didn't want or need the figs, we are all here for the same reason; our love for all things 'G.I. Joe'.
As a woman, right from the start, I had a niggling in the back of my mind that something was 'up'. Not in the sinister sense, but let's call it 'woman's intuition'.....
As it stands I was right............and I was wrong.

When Blowtorch 'dropped the bomb' last night, like everyone else, I checked the thread. And I instinctly knew what was going to happen as a result. First off, I would like to congratulate the winners, enjoy your prizes and share your enjoyment with as many as are willing to see!

Now, onto the 'meat of it', as it were. I don't know how many of you guys have BT in your MSN messenger. I know how many I have in mine........it's most of you, including BT. I purposely delayed posting until I had a chance to speak with him directly. Which I have been doing for the past 2+ hours..............
I was the only one who took this route. Now I'm not saying it to pat myself on the back or anything like that. PLEASE don't think that! I'm trying to get ALL sides of this. And the fact that I am a woman, most likely that plays into a 'calmer head' scenario. I don't really know, and quite frankly, don't really care here.

What I did find out was that Blowtorch is really looking for equality of the complete and total sense. Is he neccessarily going to get it? NO, but no one ever does.....we don't live in that world of 'Perfect'. He relayed to me his concerns and I listened and gave him my thoughts as well. He knows that he's not 'popular' at this moment, but he didn't do it for a 'popularity contest'. Just as everyone here has their own thoughts, feelings and actions..........so does he. He feels slighted by some, but I suspect that at one time or another we all have felt this way. Should he have gone about it this way? That is not for me to decide, I'm not his mother or his wife...........but the fact remains that the 'horse is out of the barn'.

I have read the posts that he shared with me. And I can honestly say that I'm not sure precisely where the confusion lies. Those who posted to him have for the most part had positive and reassuring things to say. But perhaps he is looking for something else entirely. Again, this I don't know. If ANYONE wants the 'balls to the wall' truth, then you will have to IM him directly. I know for a fact that he will talk with anyone who contacts him. But know this! I will not tolerate anyone berating and condemning him based on this! As has been stated previously, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!!

I am not speaking for Blowtorch, I'm not speaking for Frank, or Craig or Graham or Luis or anyone else here............I am speaking only for myself. Take it as you wish to, I promise you that I will not be offended. But what we need to do is all step back and remember 'why' we all come here. To interact and enjoy other's who are similar minded 'individuals'. And that we can 'show off' once in a while, that's cool too!

I want to applaud you guys to the extent that I did ask you all to be respectful, no matter the outcome. And for the most part you have. THANK YOU! You continue to prove yourselves gentlemen, no matter what others might say to you! Do I agree with the 'tactics', personally, no-but I'm not him or any of you. So that point is moot.

You really want to know why he did it? Contact HIM personally...........yes, it really is THAT simple.

Graham and I have chatted, and we agreed that there will be no banning of anyone. This was an extreme means to an end to be sure, I don't know that I'd allow it again..........but that horse still isn't going back into the barn.

I will say this, in the future-and this is for EVERYONE!!!-If you feel that there is a problem, a disadvantage or a 'clique' going on, please, Please, PLEASE contact either one of us!! I really do love you guys here..........and I want what's best for the entire forum. I will listen and attempt to give advice. But I'm not a mind-reader, you need to TALK to me!! Moreso, you all need to talk to each other..........we are a very small, tight group here. Feelings get hurt, trampled and bruised. But like any group of friends or 'family'...........you talk it out and get over it.

Frank, you are a man with a heart bigger than the outdoors........rest assured that it does not go unnoticed.........
Shane, you are man who has a heart that beats true...........no one can take that from you.........
Graham, you are a man who knows how to lead, without being a dictator.........I applaud you.........
Craig, you are a man who has been blessed............no more need be said
Jay, you are a man who is filled with passion.............what a wonderful capacity......
Luis, you are a man who sees the things that others don't.........your purity of soul is enlightening............
Alan, you are a man who is filled with a deep sense of right and wrong that is severely lacking today, and as such sometimes gets misconstrued.......never lose sight of it..........

For all the rest of you..........you are all men because for all your 'manly deeds and ways'...........you all maintain a sense of childlike ideals...........and THAT is the best part of ANY MAN..................

I am glad and very proud to call all of you 'my friends'.................

Dersham
04-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I've been trying to think of what to say to all of this, cause its many sided. It's disappointing that I didn't win, but then again I don't contribute much to this site other than the occassional praise or comment, or witty thing I might have on the tip of my fingers. I do sympathize with Blowtorch, I know how frustrating it can be to not receive comments, but its a mostly free planet really, if someone doesn't want to they don't have to. It might not even be an exclusion or inclusion thing, people might just have nothing to say, I know I often don't. But you have to expect that people might just not say diddly, its gonna happen. It sucks but making a stink about it, isn't going to help, just annoy people further. Even if the mods made some rule about it, there's no way they could enforce it either.

Ender made a good point too, about how this site is about joe dios and not necessarily about making friends. I don't think anyone on this site has ever expressed an interest in my game except for Chaos and this other guy whose name I forgot, but still that was like a year and half ago. And perhaps I should be bitter about that too, but there's nothing I can do really, so why let it get to me. I suppose I shall have a philosophical moment and say that life is disappointing. But hey what I do know, I'm a youngun.

This is going to sound lame, but as joe fans, and writers, and artists and what not, we have a responsibility to be the good guys or good girl in Gen Scarlett's case. Most of grew up with GI JOE and I'm sure that it installed a set of values on us all, hey I'm not even American and I still feel a sense of pride for American soldiers. This would be the perfect time to quote Stormshadow, but I got nothing. Anyway I hope we can all just get past this and continue on our merry little way with the posting of joe pictures and the loving of them :p

rds13601
04-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow!! I was never in the running for the blueshirts? If I had feelings I'd actually feel hurt. Since I don't, next thread please!!!!

Outrider
04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm still not sure why all this happened, but at the end of the day, hopefully, only good will come from it. Did I feel personally insulted by what Blowtorch said? Not really, although I was surprised, and I did feel the need to clarify a few of the points he raised, which I did in my previous post. Do I think he should be banned? No. I hope he can make his peace and continue to be a valued contributor to this site. Do some people have the right to be upset by BT's tactics? Absolutely, and they have forcefully argued thier cases. You have to applaud Frank in particular for being the stand up guy that he is in saying what he had to say.
At the end of the day, I'm not here to judge anyone. We all make mistakes and do dumb things, and I am willing to forgive and forget for the benefit of this site and everyone who comes here. I sincerely hope we can put this one "to bed" and get on with the business of enjoying the hobby we all love and the friendly atmosphere that brings us here everyday.

Swindle
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Yikes... I completely missed this thread. Good thing I did because I probably would of been passed over anyway. :D

I've been too caught up in a silly online game I've been playing to pay attention to the goings on at JoeDios lately.

On a completely different and bitter note, I never once saw the Infantry pack at retail. Still pisses me off to this day. I hate scalpers.

Sonneilon
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Y'know, I don't sit here and decide that I'll post specifically to someone's picture beforehand. I don't say to myself, "I think today, I'll post comments on GIJock's shots if he posted any..." Maybe people do do that. *shrug*

I have to admit, I was commenting on a lot of pics and it didn't matter who it was by. But losing the net for a month, I've been able to stand back and re-evaluate my own standards. So now, if the shot doesn't catch my eye on the thumbnails, I'm not looking or commenting. That can go both ways. If it sucks that bad, I'll probably say something. And if it's that good, I'll say something. That's just me. Nothing wrong with have standards of what pleases MY eye.

ToneGunsRevisited
04-15-2007, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=rds13601]Wow!! I was never in the running for the blueshirts? If I had feelings I'd actually feel hurt. Since I don't, next thread please!!!![/QUOTE]
LMAO!!!!

You said was I wasn't able to say by my words.

gung ho
04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
like TG said lets go about our hobby and worrie about how to take better pics :D :cool: