PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Box #15!!!

General Scarlett
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome to The Comic Box. This is a discussion thread for the GI Joe comics. We start at Marvel’s #1 and move thru the series every Wednesday. It’s a chance to give your thoughts, opinions and remarks about the comic in question.

#15. Red-Eye to Miami!

~Short Summary~
In Sierra Gordo, Snake-Eyes, Kwinn & Dr. Venom have escaped from the underwater bunker they were trapped in. They are able to sneak out an airplane with Florida as their destination. Along the way they are fighting each other the entire way. Finally, the trio crashes on the beach in Miami, where they are arrested. Cobra's lawyers are there quickly to bail out Dr. Venom. Meanwhile in Springfield, Destro expresses his love to the Baroness and his plot to get Cobra Commander captured.

~Notes of Interest~
Introduction of Major Bludd.
Destro expresses his love for the Baroness.

-summary from yojoe.com-

http://yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe15.shtml

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/DSC01540_edited-1.jpg
-image from yojoe.com-

Discuss away!

Outrider
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Yep, another great issue. As I said in the last Comic Box, this little run of issues was the first 'classic" of Marvel run. The storylines moved from fairly straightforward one-offs to the convoluted continuing sagas that later characterised GI Joe. And it would be remiss of me not to mention the debut of my countryman and favourite bad@ss, the good Major himself, Sebastian Bludd! :D

maxtype
04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
One of my favorite parts is when Dr. Venom demonstrates his piloting skill.........and I wonder if Larry had just watched The Dam Busters when he picked a Lancaster Bomber to be the issues' centerpiece!!! :D

A good issue.............left me wanting more............

yorktownjoe
04-12-2007, 04:22 AM
I remember picking this up from a General Store while on vacation at my Grandpa's house. It was a great story and provided insight into Dr. Venom. He liked to kill, just for the sake of killing and had a whole powderkeg of hate in him. Yet he bottled it in a way to pick his moments. Hama had a way a telling a tale that satisfied, and left you wanting more all at the same time.

And I love the retired couple at the end that keep chatting while the plane is about to crash on the beach. Classic! :)

Sonneilon
04-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm a cover freak so if the cover isn't awesome, then the story inside is effected. So in this case, it had 3 characters I didn't particularly care for. Maybe it was action-packed and exciting 24 years ago, but I didn't care much for the story inside. However, the issue before this, I DID like.

Outrider
04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Maybe it was action-packed and exciting 24 years ago, but I didn't care much for the story inside.[/QUOTE]

24 years ago? A quarter of a century? Man, now I really feel old. :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: