PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. - My Brand New Camera!

ender098
04-11-2007, 10:22 AM
LAst night as I was taking some pics, I set my camera down on the floor. I had just pushed the button to turn it off, which typically causes the lense to retract (It's a Pentax Optio). I looked over and the lense was still out. I picked it up and pushed the on button and it made a grinding noise as if the gears that move the lense in and out was broken. To make a long story short, my camera, MY BABY that I saved and scrimped to buy and just payed off in November went tits up on me! I'm going to take it back to the place I bought it and see if they can exchange it, but I don't hold much hope! So, I won't be posting much online for a while!

Wish me luck!

General Scarlett
04-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Aaawww jeez Frank!!! I'm sorry, that sucks!!!!

I hope that you got the protection plan with it.............they won't give you any hassle that way..............

I think that in light of this..........no one should ask Frank to send them anything.......let's let him move in peace and hope for the best with his camera.........keep us posted!!

maxtype
04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Aaawww jeez Frank!!! I'm sorry, that sucks!!!!

I hope that you got the protection plan with it.............they won't give you any hassle that way..............

I think that in light of this..........no one should ask Frank to send them anything.......let's let him move in peace and hope for the best with his camera.........keep us posted!![/QUOTE]

I agree............and Good Luck Frank!

Outrider
04-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Frank, that's tragic news! You have my genuine sympathy, because I know how I'd feel if that happened to me. It also a blow for the rest of us, because it deprives us all of your awesome pics. :( Good luck with getting it fixed/replaced!

ender098
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Well,I got it from the PX on base. The great thing is I had it on lay-away, so they should have receipts for it, even if they can't replace it or refund my $$, they can at least give me a copy of the paperwork so I can send it to Pentax to get it repaired! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

gung ho
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
man thats bad we got a camara that retracts but thank god it hasn't broke (knock on wood) god luck man

ender098
04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Well, it's time for GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS;

Bad News; The PX won't take the camera back after 14 days!

GOOD NEWS! They had a copy of my receipt so now I can send it to the manufacturer and get it fixed FREE!!! Whooohooooo!!

holesnipe
04-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats that you don't have any out of pocket expense, well except for maybe shipping. Sorry to hear you will be out of a camera till it's repaired.

gung ho
04-13-2007, 05:24 PM
congrats man glad that tere gona fix it for you they should for what them things cost

Sonneilon
04-13-2007, 05:56 PM
What this really means is that Frank'll be working on photoshopped shots instead. :P

ender098
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Nah, I just figure I'll go steal some shots from Fred over and JBL and claim them as my own! Hey, it worked for Valor13!!!! :eek: :D

yorktownjoe
04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Nice. It just gives you time to assemble ALL of Outrider's photos and weave them into a dio story. (Hint, you might overuse the transition text: "Meanwhile, in another remote classified location...")

Then go with your idea, and claim the dio as your own with no citation. ;)

That should keep you busy until your camera is restored to you in a completely refurbished manner. Just long enough for Craig to subpoena you to Australia for copyright infringement... One man's extradition is another man's vacation... :cool:

Seriously, I'm glad you are getting it fixed. I'm rambling....

Take care!

Outrider
04-16-2007, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=yorktownjoe]Nice. It just gives you time to assemble ALL of Outrider's photos and weave them into a dio story. (Hint, you might overuse the transition text: "Meanwhile, in another remote classified location...")

Then go with your idea, and claim the dio as your own with no citation. ;)

That should keep you busy until your camera is restored to you in a completely refurbished manner. Just long enough for Craig to subpoena you to Australia for copyright infringement... One man's extradition is another man's vacation... :cool:

Seriously, I'm glad you are getting it fixed. I'm rambling....

Take care![/QUOTE]

:D LOL! :D I'd love to see Frank down here, but I can think of better circumstances!

ender098
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Finally got the SOB mailed out Yesterday! I wanna see what they say or how long it will take to fix/replace it.

I have a stupid feeling they're gonna say something about the problem not being covered by the warranty.....they ALWAYS do that! When are we gonna go back to Great American Values and companies building products that LAST and if they don't the company simply fix or replace them free?

God, I get sick of getting "Lawyered" everytime I buy something. The sell me crap and then when it breaks use some "Lawyer-ese" to snake their slimy asses out of the contract or warranty!

(Hang, on...let me tell you how I really feel!!)

Fisher
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Hah, Frank, I can certainly relate to you there. I work for a certain cell phone company, not gonna say which (ALOROTOM) and since I am a supervisor, I have to deal with this day in and day out. I end up taking at least 10 calls a day from people who were told to box up their phone, send it in for repair, only to have it returned 2 weeks later unrepaired due to some type pf physical or liquid damage. And so that the product warranty is water tight, examples of each are given, physical damage could be a scratch on the case and water damage would be from heavy sweat or light rain. Makes me glad I own a Kyocera phone.

ender098
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
WHOOHOO! IT"S BACK! I GOT MY BABY BACK...and just in time..to see my Joes packed away! :(

yorktownjoe
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I hope your move goes well Frank! Glad to hear your camera is back.

Take care!