PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooooooooooooooooooo.......?

miragearmor
05-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Aw man, where the heck is everybody. Did the StarWars stuff totally wipe out the Joe hype already? :confused:

Luke Ellison
05-03-2005, 08:52 AM
I was wondering the same thing myself.

Buckwheat826
05-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I gotta say that I'm worried that this site isn't yanked. Not to sound like a downer or anything. And I can't say much (as if I have been saying much of anything here, regretfully) This is an awesome site and we have gotta keep it movin'. I'm an enthusiast and have shots I'd like to post but maybe I am like others in that we feel the goods aren't ready for proofing yet or are waiting for props, figs to come into their stock for shooting. I'm not a Star Wars guy so it's Joe all the way for me.

By the way I read Luke's report of the Hasbro visit. You lucky SOB. Killer cuz! That's the dream the decade. Glad you went and seemed to express the same wants of most and especially similar ideas of myself. I can't wait. I hope they listen bust out with bomb figs.

As for dios. I have stories, customs, and have taken pics. Just trying to get em published. Those blog sites are kinda bammer. I don't HTML. I'm trying to learn GoLive to set up a site but I don't think its necessary. I'll get on it as soon as I can.

Lates!!!

Violentfix
05-03-2005, 07:51 PM
I've been working hard on this weeks site update for the Inner Sanctum, so although I am a Stars Wars fan second to Joe, I've been pushing to keep updates regular and hopefully help stimulate the Joe community. When it comes to my next Dio, I'm trying to score something that I desperatly need to start getting to work on it, money is very tight lately.

I hope this forum sticks around but I never understood why it was so dead in the first place. I always thought it had a lot of potential and I've been advertising the heck out of it. So many people talk about DIO's and send e-mails to guys like me. It just never made any sense why they didn't come here to do it at.

I think Hasbro made a big mostake with the Hiatus thing. I think a lot of people just got pissed and walked away from the line.

I'll post some JoeDios exclusive pics that wont be up on my site till Thursday, just to give people some fun Joe stuff.

General Hawk
05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
I think the misconception is that this forum is strictly a dio's only forum for dio's only guys. People probably feel like they can't come here to talk about the dio's, they've gotta be dio-makers themselves. There's a pretty specific niche for folks who come here, which may not be as widespread as people think.

I don't see too many people walking away really...I see most of the same names that have been around. But with all of the non-dio news sprouting up all over the place, this forum probably just kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Like VF, I'm working hard on my site, too (just did a mini-overhaul...check it out if you want) not a lot of time for other stuff.

Justin

jedsoon
05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
actually, things seemed to die off here at exactly the same time hasbro announced the end of the hiatus. not everyone talks dios, but almost everyone does buy new joes, so such conversations tend to get more attention and participation.

i haven't contributed much yet myself, but hope to get going with some new pics this summer.

by the way, VF, new pics are lookin' great... even the one with the battle stands! :)

i'll also echo what GH said in that non-dio makers are probably less likely to post here. but it's a really well done site and i'm sure people who only want to view and comment will eventually get pulled in.