PDA

View Full Version : gijoe s best friends

nando
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Is there any more best friend s

Alpine and Bazooka
Roadblock and Gung ho
stalker , snake eyes , storm s ( vietnam era) ;)

General Scarlett
04-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Leatherneck and Wet-Suit

Tripwire and Torpedo

I'll give others a chance to chime in..............

bravo
04-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Tripwire and Torpedo ?

General Scarlett
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
You know I MIGHT have been channelling MY Joeverse on that one!! But hey, it does work!! :p

ender098
04-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Leatherneck and wetsuit? I thought they were into that whole Navy vs Marines thing!!

General Scarlett
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh come on!!! Did you NEVER watch the cartoon?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Self-Modifier
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I always got the impression from the comics that Duke and Roadblock were pals. They sure hung out a lot together, anyway.

On the show, I felt that Duke and Flint were pretty tight too, on the rare occasions that they appeared in episodes together.

maxtype
04-03-2007, 04:52 PM
on the cartoon-Mutt and Dusty

in the comic-Mutt and Spirit

Lava Boss
04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]I always got the impression from the comics that Duke and Roadblock were pals. They sure hung out a lot together, anyway.

On the show, I felt that Duke and Flint were pretty tight too, on the rare occasions that they appeared in episodes together.[/QUOTE]

Actually, IIRC Duke apparently served together Roadblock and Flint prior to them joining GI JOE. In issue 22 Roadblock clearly knows Duke well. I'll have to check the comics when I'm at home, but I'm pretty sure Duke knew Flint and all but recruited him to join GI JOE.

Which would make for an interesting flashback story, if anyone cared about characters' origins other than those of ninjas and dreadnoks.

Another briefly seen duo...Short-Fuze and Steeler in the MASS device miniseries.

Let's not (or try to :p ) forget Tunnel Rat and Heavy Duty in Sigma Six.

Self-Modifier
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]Actually, IIRC Duke apparently served together Roadblock and Flint prior to them joining GI JOE. In issue 22 Roadblock clearly knows Duke well. I'll have to check the comics when I'm at home, but I'm pretty sure Duke knew Flint and all but recruited him to join GI JOE.[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. I believe Flint's filecard makes note of his having served with Duke previously. Also, in the issue with Flint's first appearance, Duke mentions that he specifically asked for Flint to be transferred back under his command.

Regarding Roadblock-- In G.I. Joe: Declassified, a nameless sergeant runs a special forces school at which Short-Fuze is a student. The sergeant is accompanied by a man who is obviously Roadblock. Coupled with the fact that Duke's filecard says he ran several special forces schools before joining the Joes, that makes me think the sergeant in the issue is supposed to be Duke. Therefore, Roadblock was apparently under Duke's command at one of the schools he ran.

Another briefly seen duo...Short-Fuze and Steeler in the MASS device miniseries.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot that! They were teamed in the Revenge of Cobra too, guarding the Laser Core at Joe HQ. I loved those two team-ups. Good comic relief.

maxtype
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
in the comic,Clutch,Rock 'n Roll,& Breaker were the team supreme............ :D

yorktownjoe
04-04-2007, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=nando]Is there any more best friend s

Alpine and Bazooka
Roadblock and Gung ho
stalker , snake eyes , storm s ( vietnam era) ;)[/QUOTE]

I remember Roadblock carrying GH like a kid on his back while dragging a detainee - Storm Shadow, after CC escaped in issue 24. GH said he "had been cut worse that that by Cajuns in the Bayou." Roadblock commented on the unconscious Storm shadow: "This dude kept falling down..."

At the time I remember thinking no way a ninja could get taken out by a couple of special forces fellas. I figured he was just faking, but Roadblock is a big son of a gun. A few punches from his hands could make anyone check out.

Someone should do a picture of RB and GH performing interrogation of Cobra suspects... Ouch! :eek:

lehsreh
04-04-2007, 07:26 AM
[COLOR=Red]sometimes in the cartoons you would see gunh ho and flint and lady jaye together a lot. for some reason i always thought mainframe and dialtone would be buddies, and low lght and sci-fi. and dont forget quick kick and bazooka in a few episodes and how they made dusty and footloose seem like great friends in one cartoon. and if you remember the comics, dusty and sneak peak were very good friends. it never showed this until sneak peak got killed though. who is the best of the duo's though. i would say letherneck and wetsuit or alpine and bazooka. [/COLOR]

ender098
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Oh come on!!! Did you NEVER watch the cartoon?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

yeah, and I distinctly remember WetSuit and Leatherneck arguing the Navy?Marines thing.......

maxtype
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]yeah, and I distinctly remember WetSuit and Leatherneck arguing the Navy?Marines thing.......[/QUOTE]

Yes,they were-but it was the old Flagg/Queeg thing from the old serials-I can beat him up,but you better not! ;)