PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyone workin on?

Luke Ellison
04-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Anyone got some customs/dios/fanfic in the works? If so, whatcha workin on and how goes the idea flows?

General Hawk
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm pretty deep into the new dio at this point. First draft scripting is 75% done, I've mapped out the series of events, and even shot a few episodes. It needs to get a lot warmer before I can shoot some other stuff, though, and as usual, I won't start posting until I've got things enough under control to update on a regular basis.

The next main dio was gonna be Misdirection, but it's now been broken up into two smaller dio's, most likely Reunions and Misdirection, so I can at least try to keep stuff going. Misdirection was just getting too big. It kinda scared me. :)

So that's what I'm working on right now. Doing some Photoshop work on the Prologue and basically waiting for the sun to start shining and for a set to be mailed to me.

Justin

Tim Elf
04-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Two chapters left in TERROR. I've shot one completely and part of the second. Now I need to do all the Photoshoppin'.

The next major project is tentatively titled "Ghost in the Machine." I've got a rough outline and have barely started on the script. I've also been working on a preview image that I may put up when Terror is complete. This one will require a LOT of set design, which I won't be able to do for a while, so don't expect it any time soon!

In between, I may have a couple of very short mini-dios to keep things going. I've got one Cobra one written already. It's just one chapter, but explains some stuff about the Cobra heirarchy following Resurrection and Terror. I'm also toying with a short dio that spins out of the events of the last chapter, which I can't reveal yet... but also involves a custom figure I just made.

Man, can I tease or what?

camper
04-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm still plugging away at my "Death of a Friend Story" (http://www.checkpointalpha.com/dios/index.htm) and hoping that I'm able to find time to move forward with it. I've shot a couple new scenes and am trying to edit as I go so any of the minor script tweaks that I decided to make while shooting aren't forgotten.

This current chapter has some scenes that I need to build a quick set for, and while I've got the materials the time hasn't been too easy to come by for many different reasons. I'm always optimistic that I'll have time to work on it on the weekends, but unfortuantely it doesn't always work out that way.

Most of the time it comes down to spending time with my wife and son, or playing with my Joes. My wife and son always win ;)

As for how much is left in my story, I've got a long way to go still. More likely than not, Tim will finish his upcoming story after Terror long before mine is coming to a close ;)

dan

jedsoon
04-19-2005, 10:32 AM
nothing at the moment. during this year in school, i have mostly been separated from my figs and i really miss my collection. the only thing i have managed since august or so is a short new animation over the christmas break. and once school ends, i have a huge amount of writing/shooting/editing to get done over the summer and fall that has nothing to do with dios or animations. it makes me seriously doubt i will have much time to devote to the hobby.

however, my toy collection has always been one of the major motivations of my creativity, and i really think i'm shortchanging myself if i don't continue to dabble in it. so once the end of may rolls around, i really hope to get back to dio production in some form. its unlikely i will be releasing any more dio-stories, but single shots still have great appeal to me. its a chance to really interact with the figs, something i have lacked the time to immerse myself in for far too long. i have customs, set pieces, and a large collection that most people haven't seen, just begging to be photographed, so i'd best oblige them! :)

Violentfix
04-19-2005, 01:14 PM
My company has had me on the road constantly for the last few weeks. I'm beginning to forget what my Joe room looks like. I'm full of ideas, but I have no way to get them out. I've been working on some collection pages that I photographed last month and just need to Photoshop and build pages for, but Dios are on standby for now.

I have a non-joe related project that has been getting some attention, but everythings been on hold since I'm spending more time on the road than at home lately.