PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for Special missions brazil custom vehicle

iflye8s
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I've got the jeep featured in this photo and I would like you guys to give me some ideas on how to customize it. http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=5641&c=7

I want to make it the vehicle for the special missions brazil team and use colors that somewhat match their color scheme. Some kind of cammo, but my creativeness has hit a block. Any ideas?

General Scarlett
04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't know..........I kind of like it the way it is.......just my thoughts............ :)

ender098
04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Go to Build-A-Rama.com, get a stowage kit, get some mudd colored and silver paint from the rail road hobby store and make it look worn. Maybe some camo net around the outside of the vehicle.

As for Camo, just some flat black and flat brown stripes.

Outrider
04-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Frank's idea sounds pretty good. ToneGuns might be able to help you with some ideas for colours to match the foliage in Brazil. I'd go for two or three tones of green in a tiger stripe camo pattern. Then add some cam net as Frank suggested, and definitely "weather" the jeep with red oxide and silver paint. Adding wear and tear to vehicles makes them look so much better. Some of my vehicles look like they haven't seen a bucket and sponge or paint shop for years!

ToneGunsRevisited
04-03-2007, 09:23 AM
First for mission Brazil you need to change the original colors of the members of the team. Second a mission at the amazon rainforest you can forget any vehicle that isn't water based or helos. Amazon rainforest you can just go trought with boats or even a Hovercraft, but a hovercraft would no be able in narrow rivers. there are NO roads in middle of the thick jungle. Go for a boat. PTE had a nice PBR that I'm hunting too. Brazilian army on the amazon rainforest have just Helicopters for transport and attack and boats.

But if you insist on a land based vehicle, we need to talk about colors. Try a black, olive drab and brown mix and add some camo net and weathering here and there. Try to make a cover for the jeep, 'cuz everyday around noon it rains.