PDA

View Full Version : wanna pitch in on a good deed?

ender098
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
My nephew plays with a kid (they're 11) and this kid has had a rough life. He's one of 5 kids in a family with a single working mom. He's had 2 siblings die (so there were originally 7 kids!). One died at about 6 weeks from what I understand and the other was about 13, went to a friends house and got killed in a car accident during a sleepover. His family doesn't have much cash, but he loves playing with GI Joes I sent my nephew. I'm gonna take a bunch of my Extra joes and vehicles and send them to this kid. If anyone has any old "spares" or "doubles" they wanna donate, you can send them to me and I'll forward them to him. They don't have to be complete or in perfect condition, just not broken to bits!

I was thinking if enough of us wanna participate, we can send a box marked "From the Crew at JoeDios.com". Any takers?

I wanted to post this yesterday, but being as I am a joker, I thought everyone might think I pulling an April Fools Gag.....it's real....trust me!

night creeper
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM
oh, thats so nice, I would send some except for I'm looking for joes too. :(

night creeper
04-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I know how it feels to lose someone you love.

my grandma died on my birthday, and my other brother( Sam ) died 4 weeks ago,
so my money is putting for bills and food for my mom and other bro.

so I will help anyway I can.

Sonneilon
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I could send you a cd w/ Transformation on it, but uh, it's kinda pg-13...

NemesisEnforcerFan
04-02-2007, 08:00 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]I was going to list a GI JOE V2 Storm Shadow in my store. He's still got his tattoo and sword,backpack & Bow&arrow I think... I was going to list him.. but if you want PM me your address details and I'll send it to you asap marked specially for this transaction.
I'm sorry its not much.. but at the moment its all I have going spare and its the best example double figure I have for sale.
It would be neat to know a kid somewhere will get alot of play use of it.. if you want a pic before hand just say the word and I'll take a pic before sending on your approval.
Cheers
And yes this is a good deed anyone else got anything they wanna contribute?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Outrider
04-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Frank, pm me with your address. I have a dozen or so mint figures (no accessories) that you are welcome to. I'll get 'em to you a.s.a.p. :)

Ion
04-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Well... I'll dig in my Joe parts and if I find anything in nice shape I'll send it. I don't promise anything though, I rather don't have any Joe reserves...

ender098
04-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Beggars can't be choosers....whatever you got is good. Something is definitely better than nothing!

If anyone would like to donate a buck or two, I have a paypal account. I could use the $$ to go on to SmallJoes or Guru-Planet and grab him some newer ones! I'll provide anyone who donates copies of the receipts!

Thanks, guys!

Frank

night creeper
04-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I will try to send a few joes, but I have no figs to send? :(

maxtype
04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Ender,I sent you a PM............

maxtype
04-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey,Ender-what if we find out about a present for everyone in the family and get the whole JoeDios group-those who can afford it-to chip in? :confused:

ender098
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=maxtype]Hey,Ender-what if we find out about a present for everyone in the family and get the whole JoeDios group-those who can afford it-to chip in? :confused:[/QUOTE]

We could probably do that, but I just figured since we all collect Joes, we might have some extras lying around. Besides, my sister and their church are raising some cash and gifts for the family. I think if we just can kick in 10-15 figures and I have like 6 small Chap mei vehicles, we'll be good! Something that says "The Joe Dios Gang" cares!

I'm a Marine, I'm looking to help, I'm NOT applying for sainthood! LOL! ;)

But it's a good thought, and few people have true generosity anymore! ;)

Once I get all the figures and stuff together, I'm gonna pack it, take a few pics and ship it off...I'll have my sister take pics at the other end when Ed opens them and I'll post the pics!

maxtype
04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]We could probably do that, but I just figured since we all collect Joes, we might have some extras lying around. Besides, my sister and their church are raising some cash and gifts for the family. I think if we just can kick in 10-15 figures and I have like 6 small Chap mei vehicles, we'll be good! Something that says "The Joe Dios Gang" cares!

I'm a Marine, I'm looking to help, I'm NOT applying for sainthood! LOL! ;)

But it's a good thought, and few people have true generosity anymore! ;)

Once I get all the figures and stuff together, I'm gonna pack it, take a few pics and ship it off...I'll have my sister take pics at the other end when Ed opens them and I'll post the pics![/QUOTE]

Cool! I just wondered about presents for one kid outta 5.........but you already had that covered!!

No problem-I'll send my contribution ASAP! :D

NemesisEnforcerFan
04-04-2007, 01:58 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo]PM Sent regarding the 1988 Storm Shadow[/COLOR][/FONT] ;)

yorktownjoe
04-04-2007, 06:18 AM
Count me in Frank. I'll get something in the mail tomorrow. I have your address from the last package you sent me.

Good idea!

ToneGunsRevisited
04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
PM sent Frank!

ender098
04-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Got in three Packages today! One from MAxType, one from YorkTown Joe and one from Dave B. And let me just say...WOW!! I never knew collectors could be so Generous!! Thanks guys! I'm gonna have to get a bigger box to send to Ed!

bluestalker88
04-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey frank sorry I didn't see this sooner, would some single packs of the VvsV be ok I can get a few if the need be. let me I would more then gladly like to help out

Nick

ender098
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=bluestalker88]Hey frank sorry I didn't see this sooner, would some single packs of the VvsV be ok I can get a few if the need be. let me I would more then gladly like to help out

Nick[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure. Anything helps. From what my sister says, this kid has no Joes. Any Joes are better than nothing!! Adn from the outpouring I have so far, I'm gonna need a bigger box!

bluestalker88
04-11-2007, 07:24 AM
ok I will pick some up on tomorrow, so I will need you addy then.

Nick

gung ho
04-11-2007, 09:22 AM
i got some single pack sand vipers if he's looking for cobras to

bluestalker88
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
hey frank I got a few single packs today, baroness, snake eyes, and storm shadow, I want to get atleast to more so when you get the chance your address would be great. thanks

Nick

ender098
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Nick, like I said before, I'll take new, used, anything! This kid has none...and SOME is better than none!

bluestalker88
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I plan on picking up a few more next time I'm out, am I supposed to send them to you? if so I am going to need your address. it would be kinda hard to get them to you if I don't ;)

thanks

Nick

ender098
04-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Outrider and Nemesis Enforcer fan, Got your packages in today. A day or tow more and I'm gonna ship these guys out......

I'll take pics and send you when I ship them and I'll have my sister take pics when they open the box!

Outrider
04-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Glad they arrived safely Frank. Thanks for letting me know! :)

bluestalker88
04-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Hey Frank I will send your stuff out tomorrow, sorry I haven't sent it out yet. been real busy...

Nick

ender098
04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=bluestalker88]Hey Frank I will send your stuff out tomorrow, sorry I haven't sent it out yet. been real busy...

Nick[/QUOTE]
No problem....no one understands that like I do! LOL! BTDT (Been there Done that!)

Urban Saboteur
04-17-2007, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]Nemesis Enforcer fan, Got your package in today. A day or tow more and I'm gonna ship these guys out......

I'll take pics and send you when I ship them and I'll have my sister take pics when they open the box![/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]Thanks for letting me know. It will be great for us to see pictures of him enjoying the :cool: stuff.[/FONT]

ender098
04-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Got it Nick! Thanks! I think that's about it.....ready to ship come Monday!

bluestalker88
04-22-2007, 03:32 PM
glad to here it Frank, I hope he likes it. I'm glad I could help :D

Nick