PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Points?

NemesisEnforcerFan
03-29-2007, 05:45 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]Okay whilst reading a thread just now.. I noticed that a :) face in the corner.. when pressed it says I have 12 reputation points.. so.. what is this for and what does it mean and change on the forums?
Is it your status? Your ego? I just also wondered who else actually uses this feature..? Or if anyone knew of its existance?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

phu
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow, apparently I have 10 rep points... rock on! :D

I would think it's just like 'karma' on other forums; people use it to say whether they like or dislike your posts, and they get tallied up there. I doubt it has any actual effect on anything.

General Scarlett
03-30-2007, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=NemesisEnforcerFan][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]Okay whilst reading a thread just now.. I noticed that a :) face in the corner.. when pressed it says I have 12 reputation points.. so.. what is this for and what does it mean and change on the forums?
Is it your status? Your ego? I just also wondered who else actually uses this feature..? Or if anyone knew of its existance?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

For each thread that a person posts on, any other member(s) can approve or disapprove 'reputation' points, depending on what said person has contributed to that thread.

Does it have any 'real' signifigance?? It does if you keep getting 'diapproved'. It's like a 'red flag', you know?? If you keep getting 'approved' then you follow the 'distinguished path'.............whatever the hell that means, I haven't found that out yet!! :p

Does that help you out?? :)

NemesisEnforcerFan
03-30-2007, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]For each thread that a person posts on, any other member(s) can approve or disapprove 'reputation' points, depending on what said person has contributed to that thread.

Does it have any 'real' signifigance?? It does if you keep getting 'diapproved'. It's like a 'red flag', you know?? If you keep getting 'approved' then you follow the 'distinguished path'.............whatever the hell that means, I haven't found that out yet!! :p

Does that help you out?? :)[/QUOTE]

:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]Actually no.. Mistress Moderator.. :o I'm all the more confused than I ever was or could be.... but thanks[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT] :cool:

G.I.*Jock
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=NemesisEnforcerFan]:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]Actually no.. Mistress Moderator.. :o I'm all the more confused than I ever was or could be.... but thanks[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT] :cool:[/QUOTE]

Can someone shed light on the coloured dots that appear before the thread for which we have recieved reputation points?

I have two greys and a green... What ever that means...

:eek:

Dave :D

General Scarlett
03-30-2007, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=NemesisEnforcerFan]:confused: [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2]Actually no.. Mistress Moderator.. :o I'm all the more confused than I ever was or could be.... but thanks[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT] :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ok, if you click on, say, my smilie face, a small box will appear and ask you if you approve of my post on this thread. You can 'approve' or 'disapprove', and then you can list a comment either way (that part is optional). The more 'approvals' a person gets, the better for them. A bunch of 'disapprovals' sets off a 'flag' on the poster and they get warned. A bunch of warnings will lead to banning.

Oh, and you can't give yourself extra points................ ;)

How's that??? :confused: :)

General Scarlett
03-30-2007, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=G.I.*Jock]Can someone shed light on the coloured dots that appear before the thread for which we have recieved reputation points?

I have two greys and a green... What ever that means...

:eek:

Dave :D[/QUOTE]

This one I'm not so sure about.....yet......give me some time to find out!!! :cool:

Dersham
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I gave you some good reputation points Nemesis, just cause. But I did not know about the smiley face either.

NemesisEnforcerFan
03-31-2007, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Dersham][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]I gave you some good reputation points Nemesis, just cause. But I did not know about the smiley face either.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hey Dersh.. thanks for the reputation points.. and help.. and thanks G.S for explaining that to me.. what makes you think I'd attempt to give myself extra reputation points.. is there something about the mutant from manchuria you find untrusting?[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/FONT] :p