PDA

View Full Version : Old-school Dios w/ Comic-pack figs?

miragearmor
04-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Are you guys thinking of including some Comic-pack Joes in some dios with the '80's line of figures? At least there are updates to old classics, ie. Clutch, SnakeEyes, Hawk, etc.

Luke Ellison
04-08-2005, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=miragearmy]Are you guys thinking of including some Comic-pack Joes in some dios with the '80's line of figures? At least there are updates to old classics, ie. Clutch, SnakeEyes, Hawk, etc.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to really bad but I'm just not impressed with paint quality and deformed hands of the comic pack figures. I've shot a few photos of them, but no full stories.

General Hawk
04-08-2005, 07:21 AM
I already have worked the comic pack Stalker, Rock and Roll, and Steeler into my new dio...not too sure about the others.

If it will work with modern continuity, I'll definitely do it.

Justin

Macrossmaster
04-08-2005, 08:44 AM
I have one worked up..may never get done, but the sets are complete...Muhu hahahaha! <Sneak Preview to Come.>

miragearmor
04-08-2005, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=General Hawk]I already have worked the comic pack Stalker, Rock and Roll, and Steeler into my new dio...not too sure about the others.

If it will work with modern continuity, I'll definitely do it.[/QUOTE]

If you'd like, you could use the Bombstrike mold as a substitute for comic-pack style Candy/Bongo the Balloon Bear custom :)

Tim Elf
04-08-2005, 09:15 AM
I'll be using Clutch, at least, in my next story.

I'll probably use a few more of them in flashback scenes. Kwinn for sure...

Violentfix
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I thought about it, doing like a mini-dio for the Joes back in the day but again as it was said before, the paint sucks and the hands are deformed.