PDA

View Full Version : Replacements

Ion
03-27-2007, 08:07 AM
You know, Joes always had a load of stuff with them, but two particular things were always a pain in the back...

- camouflage netting (Ambush one especially)
- black PVC hoses

I'm wondering, has anyone manage to find substitution materials for these which would look like originals? I managed to go cheap on o-rings, as they can be bought in ordinary supermarkets as 1/2'' armature sealing (it's even called o-ring)

The biggest issue are the hoses - it's always a shortage of them. Anyone have any idea what can be used as a replacement part? (hey, I'm not talking about going to smalljoes.com and buying THEIR hose - it's a lil' costy for me to import here a mere 3 or 4 ft to Poland)

Any ideas?

ToneGunsRevisited
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Ion]The biggest issue are the hoses - it's always a shortage of them. Anyone have any idea what can be used as a replacement part? (hey, I'm not talking about going to smalljoes.com and buying THEIR hose - it's a lil' costy for me to import here a mere 3 or 4 ft to Poland)

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Take a eletric wire (choose the color) and take the cuprum (latin, 'cuz I don't know how you call it in english) from inside and done.

Ion
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I also thought that I could get away with this, but sounds good :) Only to find elastic enough, but I'll look it up :)

[Fortunately, I got latin at high school, so cuprum is perfectly clear :) And it's copper in english :)]

ender098
03-27-2007, 10:47 AM
How much you lookin for? I'm sending you that care package out today and I'll throw a 3ft length in there. (It's just a plain envelope so it shouldn't cost hardly anything to send it! )

Ion
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Well'a, 3ft is more than enough :) Again thanks :)

ender098
03-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Now if anyone can find the hose for Frag Vipers (V1's) in 3 foot lengths, you're my hero!

General Scarlett
03-28-2007, 12:13 PM
God Frank, go get yourself some 'cuprum'...................duh!!!! :rolleyes: :p :D

hehehehehehehehehheheheheehehehehehehheeh :o

Sgt_DP
03-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth here... Is this the same hose that Smalljoes.com offers?

http://smalljoes.com/supplies_hose.shtml

Replacement Accessory Hose (1 foot/30cm length)

HOSE1FT $1.00

Replacement Accessory Hose (4 feet/122cm length)

HOSE4FT $3.00

Replacement Accessory Hose (10 feet/305cm length)

HOSE10FT $5.00

I would check this out... its where I got mine in the past. Its works well on wetsuit and a few others that "lost" their hoses...

~DAve :)

phu
03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
[quote=Sgt_DP]I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth here... Is this the same hose that Smalljoes.com offers?[/quote][QUOTE=Ion](hey, I'm not talking about going to smalljoes.com and buying THEIR hose - it's a lil' costy for me to import here a mere 3 or 4 ft to Poland)[/QUOTE]For some reason, I think maybe that's not going to help. ;)

Sgt_DP
03-28-2007, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=phu]For some reason, I think maybe that's not going to help. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Guess I should read ALL the post, I got excited to help out and ... oh well, back to my stargate...lol