PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Box #12!!!

General Scarlett
03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Welcome to The Comic Box. This is a discussion thread for the GI Joe comics. We start at Marvel’s #1 and move thru the series every Wednesday. It’s a chance to give your thoughts, opinions and remarks about the comic in question.

#12. Three Strikes for Snake-Eyes

The Joes attempt to gain information about a Cobra operation in the fictional South American country of Sierra Gordo.

~Notes of Interest~
Kwinn returns. Snake Eyes suffers yet again another injury.
-summary from yojoe.com-

OK, the 'short' summary is what I listed above. The long summary is just that......... 'LONG'

Anyone who wants to read it, here's the link:

http://yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe12.shtml

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/DSC01356_edited.jpg
-image from yojoe.com-

Discuss Away!

maxtype
03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I remember back to the first time I read this,the humor-"Warning shot!?-Scarlett-you were aiming at his head!" "Well,wouldn't that have been a warning?" "Lead the target,boys""Are you kidding,Stalker? The only one that can knock down an airplane with a submachine gun is Sgt. Granite of Difficult Company!"

The action was typical Hama fast-moving,but easy to follow-but the character's and the drama,now that was really something-in a way,this issue begins the 'Arc' of continued stories that became 'GI Joe's' hallmark-like a soap-opera with machine guns!!

As a child,I remember the almost painful 30 day wait to see if old Snake's was still alive.............man!

An excellent issue-and wonderful memories!!

Lava Boss
03-22-2007, 07:48 AM
It's good, begins a lonnng story arc that end with issue #19.

I like the Sierra Gordo peasants' reactions to Snake-Eyes' face.

Cobra Commander seems quick to dispose of Dr. Venom, given what Venom has accomplished.

Rating 7/10

Outrider
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
The series had really found it's feet by now. This issue had plenty of action and intrigue, and the introduction of Kwinn as well. This was the sort of storyline that kept you waiting impatiently for the next issue to arrive, which is just what a good story should do!

ender098
03-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I remember liking this story because the story actually continued into another Issue. This was the first time the comic story spanned more than a single Issue (ok, Issue 6-7, but it ended abruptly at issue 7!) This thread (Snake Eyes/ Quinn and Dr Venom) ran from issue 12-19 with the death of Kwinn and Dr. Venom.