PDA

View Full Version : A request

Sonneilon
03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
It's been noted by a few members that some people are misplacing their pictures when posting. Please keep the dioramas to the dioramas area and the regular 1-shots to PHOTOS. If you need a definition of what a dio actually is, take a look at Sephron13's or General Hawk's.

Thank you.

Jay
03-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Just so I know for future reference... the five-photo "story" I posted a few days ago, would that have belonged in Photos or in Dios?

General Scarlett
03-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I think where Sonneilon's going with this is, 'don't HOG the photos page'........

I think that if you can get your pics in with a reasonable amount of space, then the photos page is the place to post. I know that Flint & I posted the week before last and ended up using 8 or so..........now we've got some more to add to those, so we're going to just post 'em up and then give some backstory.

Does that sound about right?? Or at the very least fair?? :)

ender098
03-20-2007, 10:21 PM
No, I think what Sonneilon was saying is that one pic does not a dio make!

Self-Modifier
03-21-2007, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=ender098]No, I think what Sonneilon was saying is that one pic does not a dio make! [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the message I was seeing too. The dio section is for stories, and the photos section is for... well, everything else.

Sonneilon
03-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks Self-Mod. That's pretty much what I was getting at. I know some people accidentally put stuff in the wrong spot. But we've been seeing a lot of singles show up in the Dios section.

General Scarlett
03-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Aaaaahhhhhhh...........I see..........gotcha!!!

Well, considering that I have aBSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW to post up dio's, I guess I can just go about doing what I've been doing :confused: Right??

Just asking..........thanks for your patience......... :) ;)

Sonneilon
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Most people don't actually post their dios here. It's more like a place that will link you to a dio hosted on the creator's website. For example, if General Hawk (Justin) posts that his dio is up, you hit the link and go to his site to view it. It's like an advertisement for your dio, as opposed to actually posting the whole thing here.

I'm setting this mandate. If you post your pics in the diorama area and it's NOT a dio, I'm deleting them. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out the difference between a story and a 1-shot.

General Scarlett
03-22-2007, 06:52 PM
So can I just keep doing what I've been doing :confused:

Sonneilon
03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
For most people, a dio is :

1. A story told w/ pictures. It will usually contains text boxes and word balloons. It can have special fx added, be fotoshop'd, or many other things. Some amount of effort and time has been put in to create the visual story.

A dio tends NOT to be :

1. A picture set up in 30 seconds, shot and posted w/ no thoughts.

2. The dialogue taking place are set up on a different page. ie; you get picture and then a lengthy script.

3. Pictures of your collection.

4. Random pictures from a big 'diorama' one sets up. Usually has too many angles of the same shot and has NO story being told.

5. Pictures of a church. ;)

FYI, most of us don't have a place to host our dios. So we go the underground route and email them out. I'm actually cool with this but the audience is smaller than if you operate your own website (ie; Luke Ellison, Violentfix, General Hawk, etc). Self-Modifier is a perfect example of someone actually telling his story 1 page at a time. But even he has now the capability to post his stuff on GeneralJoes.com!

Most of us see Joedios as a hub for dios.