PDA

View Full Version : favoite female joe character and why

lehsreh
03-17-2007, 01:08 PM
[COLOR=Red]theres been talk about who is our favoite joe or cobra, what about who is your favoite joe or cobra girl?
mine would be the baroness. whats not to like about a bad girl in a tight black suit. i like dark hair anyway, and i love glasses. i like zarana in the cartoon but her figure sux. i hate scarlette more then duke or snake eyes... well almost. i like lady jaye's body construction in her first figure but hate her face, shes ok in the toon. covergirl never got anytime on the cartoon, but her newest figure has the best built. bombstrike has the best looking face, but her body isnt that great.[/COLOR]

Ion
03-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Yep, there is something in the fact, that all female characters made by Hasbro are good. But they lack that something... I mean the figs of course.

But anyway - I like Baroness, Lady Jaye looks quite well and Scarlett is also OK. I haven't got any other figs in my hands so I can't give you my opinion :) But it's more or less that order.

yorktownjoe
03-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Early renditions or any subsequent version of the 1984 Baroness mold is quite nice. The intrigue of Baroness, Destro, CC and Major Bludd made for a good story.

I like the comic pack Lady Jaye, but only acquired her to pick up a few Cobras... No offence. Eventually I might send her on a mission.

Dersham
03-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I think Daina and Mayday are my favorite joe females, though we didn't get decent figures of them. I would've preferred to see Daina in her yellow and green fatigues versus that earlier uniform she wore. And with Mayday, a Scarlett body with a new head would suffice. I wonder if them being snipers has anything to do with me liking them over others.

General Scarlett
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red] i hate scarlette more then duke or snake eyes... well almost. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Now what in the blue bloody hell did I ever do to you?????? hehehehehehe :D ;)

I'm really not supposed to answer this question am I?????? I mean, [SIZE=4]'DUH'!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

And it's so funny and typical that you all like the Baroness............because you all know that in real life she'd kick your @$$es and then put a bullet between your eyes for looking at her!!!!

hehehehehehehehe......... :D :rolleyes: :) ;) :p

rds13601
03-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I like Scarlet for being the prototype for strong female characters in the series. I also like Lady Jaye. My heart belongs to Scarlet for her undying love for Snake Eyes.

ToneGunsRevisited
03-17-2007, 07:42 PM
To me the G.I. Joe have just 2 females. Daina, is the top. Fallowed by Baroness. A black haired woman in a black leather suit, with bad atitudes, geez, lucky Destro!!!

General Scarlett
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=rds13601]My heart belongs to Scarlet for her undying love for Snake Eyes.[/QUOTE]

Ummmmmmmm...............except it's DUKE who I really love!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Jay
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Jinx is my favorite, probably as a combined result of my interests in Japanese culture, Asian women and martial arts. :p

Ruki Ren93
03-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Lady Jaye- She has always been my favorite.

Swindle
03-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Favorite Female figure would be a lot different from female character.

First off, Chameleon has no place in my world. Neither does Vypra or the Vypra twins (bad fan fiction, in my opinion). I think I'm cool with the rest of the girls who have figures.

I always liked Lady Jaye, the character. I loved her voice in the toon.

lehsreh
03-18-2007, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]
And it's so funny and typical that you all like the Baroness............because you all know that in real life she'd kick your @$$es and then put a bullet between your eyes for looking at her!!!! [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]thats what i like. i always had a spot for the bad evil girl who you know is gonna be the one to kill you in the end, lol.
sorry about the scarlett thing, its just i dont like her for the same reason as duke. in the cartoon they get all the glory and and there portrayed as bigshot leaders. im the type who hates anyone who thinks they can tell others what to do because of rank and they enjoy it. their the type who know your better at them in so many ways so they try to push you around, thats the vibe i get from scarlett and duke in the toons.[/COLOR]

General Scarlett
03-18-2007, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]

[COLOR=Red] sorry about the scarlett thing, its just i dont like her for the same reason as duke. in the cartoon they get all the glory and and there portrayed as bigshot leaders. im the type who hates anyone who thinks they can tell others what to do because of rank and they enjoy it. their the type who know your better at them in so many ways so they try to push you around, thats the vibe i get from scarlett and duke in the toons.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hey man, I was just bustin' on ya a bit!!! S'cool.............but you should always remember this, 'Never judge a book by it's cover'......... ;) :)

Rock On!!!!! :cool:

Sonneilon
03-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm partial to Bombstrike myself.

It mostly has to do that she's a brand new character and figure. She hasn't really had the comic 'destroy' her character and there's been no cartoon interference. She's pretty much a blank slate and the rough backstory Hasbro gave her is pretty cool. And the fact that Barrel Roll and Blackout are her brothers, it sets up a great dynamic.

I never cared all that much for the females of GI Joe. Tho VvV Jinx is pretty cool in my book.

General Scarlett
03-18-2007, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]
I never cared all that much for the females of GI Joe. [/QUOTE]

What is this?? Pick on the girls day??? hehehehehehehehehe ;) :D :p

Sonneilon
03-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Let's see if I can try and break it down, yo!

Scarlet. Cartoon - Bland. Boring. Ugly design, terrible hair... WonderWoman was way cooler. Cmdr Wilma Dering (Buck Rogers) was cooler. Daisy Duke was just a plain old babe and yet, she wasn't a ditzy, weak gal.

Scarlet. Comic - Love interest for Snake Eyes, that's nice. She looked better in the comic. But Scarlet did nothing for me. For FYI neither did Grand Slam and Stalker back in the day.

Scarlet. Toy - Yuck. Ugly design, terrible hair... It was nice that she made the team as the female but there's nothing significant about her.

CoverGirl. Cartoon/comic - Uh, was she blonde or brunette??? She was ok. She drove the Wolverine which is cool. Later in the DD comic, she became an agent, which I suppose is ok. DD did her justice in terms of drawing.

Jinx. Cartoon. Part of the new breed when intro'd in the movie. She was ok.

Jinx. Comic. Interesting use of her.

Jinx. Toy. Horrible 1st version. I love the VvV even if the skirt doesn't allow her to move her legs.

Lady Jaye. Cartoon. That smokey voice and authoritative attitude, bleh.

Lady Jaye. Comic. I could care less that she was linked to Flint or she died. She meant nothing to me.

Lady Jaye. Toy. At least Scar, Jinx and Cover Girl look like girls.

maxtype
03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
My favorite Joe female is Lady Jaye-in the comic,kick ass,lovely,tough-

-in the cartoon,pretty,that sexy'husky'voice-ability to kick butt-

I liked the figure in '85-still have her-my fave version is the comic 3-Pack.............

she was also very resourceful-to me,Lady Jaye is GI Joe's version of Princess Leia!!

Outrider
03-21-2007, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]And it's so funny and typical that you all like the Baroness............because you all know that in real life she'd kick your @$$es and then put a bullet between your eyes for looking at her!!!!

hehehehehehehehe......... :D :rolleyes: :) ;) :p[/QUOTE]

Now come on Scarlett, you know as well as I do. Underneath all that black leather, Anastasia is really just a sweetie! ;)

General Scarlett
03-21-2007, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Now come on Scarlett, you know as well as I do. Underneath all that black leather, Anastasia is really just a sweetie! ;)[/QUOTE]

Indeed, much like a Black Widow spider or a poison dart frog........ :D :rolleyes: ;)

Lava Boss
03-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Character: partial to Cover-Girl. No javelins, martial arts or Joe boyfriend...or tights. Her vintage figure sucks, but the new one was better even with wind-swept hair.

Lady Jaye was good, but is always saddled with being Flint's woman.

Baroness was cool, I didn't like the glasses. Plus she was incompetent in both cartoon and comic. And then...thanks to Destro, she stopped being evil.

Zarana...eh 3 heads for RAH mold none of them pretty. The JvsC one is kinda there, but the outfit is dull. Never really clicked with me, because she was a female Zartan without the Snake-Eyes connection and swamp ski. Plus I can't see her leading the unruly Dreadnoks.

Outrider
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Indeed, much like a Black Widow spider or a poison dart frog........ :D :rolleyes: ;)[/QUOTE]

Okay. A misunderstood sweetie. :)

General Scarlett
03-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh............NOW we have 'Clarity'!!!! :p :D

Self-Modifier
03-22-2007, 07:21 PM
I can't believe I haven't replied to this topic yet. Anyway, as you can guess, my answer is right over there to the left, in my avatar.

Leather, glasses, machine guns... You just can't go wrong.