PDA

View Full Version : I've got a question........

General Scarlett
03-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi guys,

I've got a question...........it's actually been rolling around in my brain for a while.
[That's probably why I keep losing it!! :rolleyes: ]

I'm curious why it is that as soon as posted pics disappear from the 15 slots of the first page, no one ever comments on them anymore??? I mean I know there's some exceptions-but for the most part, once your pic is off page one-POOF!!

I'm asking because when I logged on this morning (after I had disposed of some 'bots), I see that the first 2 3/4 pages are all pics of one person. [Nice shots, BTW]

Now I know that when I post pics I try to do 4 or 8, and when I last posted, Flint & I were trying to do a 'tandem' posting. We're planning on posting some follow-up shots, so we're hoping that it will draw people back to look at our older ones.

I know that for the most part there's a small, tight group of us here-and not everyone posts on every pic............I'm just asking a question to see if I can get some answers.........

Thanks for listening,

Scarlett :)

Sonneilon
03-17-2007, 10:14 AM
You can set the images seen to different specifications. I keep mine at 15, usually. (or is it 16?) But there's the ability to do 90 images at once. Takes longer to load, of course. I find that 'your' pic bumped when there's a lot of people posting. I know that if I'm gone for a day or two and I realize there are 15 new images, I'll change the parameter to 45 (or so) so I can view everything at once.

Jay
03-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I always go for 90 pics per page.

Swindle
03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I do think when people post a large series of pics that sometimes there's a redundancy or a reoccurrence of theme. It does, at a point, become impossible to find new things to say about very similar pictures.

Outrider
03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
If I log on and there has been an avalanche of pics (like today), I'll always go back until I get back to ones I've already seen, so that way I make sure I haven't missed anything. And as has already been stated, when people post a whole bunch of similar pics, it is difficult to think of something new to say for each and every one. I'm also limited by the fact that I'm only on dial-up, so each pic takes ages to load. I simply don't have time to comment on every pic, so generally I'll just comment on those that catch my eye or are something a little different, or where it's obvious someone has put in a big effort on their photo. :)

lehsreh
03-17-2007, 01:55 PM
[COLOR=Red]jsut where do you fix it so it shows more pics? i went to my control and did it, but i dont think its working[/COLOR]

phu
03-17-2007, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]jsut where do you fix it so it shows more pics? i went to my control and did it, but i dont think its working[/COLOR][/QUOTE]When you're viewing the gallery, immediately above the thumbnails you should see the title of the section ("Latest Photos" or "Latest Replies to Reviews," for example). To the right of that should be something to the effect of "15 Images Per Page;" clicking this should show a menu with the options you're looking for.

It might be different in other templates, but that's where it is in the one I'm using (presumably the default). :)

Sonneilon
03-17-2007, 03:23 PM
For the record, I hate it when people flood the pages and then disappear.

Blowtorch
03-17-2007, 08:29 PM
I myself don't like posting more than 5 pictures. I also look at all the pictures posted. I don't really comment on a lot of them however.

I mean I know there's some exceptions-but for the most part, once your pic is off page one-POOF!!

GS, I know how you feel, I'm also looking at this as popularity kinda of thing. Some member get more praise than others, myself I do this for fun so if you post a comment great if not oh well.

LordRaven
03-18-2007, 02:16 AM
I try to keep myself to three photos. If I wanna post more, I wait a while till a few more come on by other people then post. If I have a big series of photos, I'll only post three a day, and stretch it out over the course of several days.

Red Sox
03-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I occasionally comment on pics that catch my eye in the random image section. Since I'm fairly new here, I'm sure that there's a whole boatload of awesome pics that I haven't seen yet. :)

Lava Boss
03-20-2007, 10:01 AM
I occasionally comment on the random photos that appear on the side if they catch my fancy.