PDA

View Full Version : hasbro or funskool

nando
03-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Do u have funskool figures in your collection , do u like them or not

Lava Boss
03-10-2007, 07:33 PM
A few.

Sort of like 'em. Except Scrap Iron, whose arm came pre-broken. I have gotten any new ones in years.

A few have poor elbow rivets, so their lower arms fall off.

For most, the worst thing is paint, sloppy ops sometimes and their red paint seems messed up. I actually perfer Funskool's darker purple for Toxo and Hydro Vipers...but the messy red paint hurts their look.

Funskool Zartan's a trip. So is Cross Country with black hair, mustache and chrome weapons.

Wild Weasel is interesting. Cobra parachute. Red's too bright or I might've gotten more to use as pilots.

Jay
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I have some. All my Night-Vipers and Toxo-Vipers are Funskool versions. I have a few non-army builders, most notably Spearhead because his Night Force figure is so hard to find (although I did repaint and re-accessorize it to look better).

The problem with Funskool is that more often than not, the paint jobs will be sloppy, the swivel arms will be problematic and the paint used for skin colors will not match the skin-colored plastic... Not to mention some figures get fully overhauled and end up looking bad.
Of course, I love the Funskool Big Brawler, it works so well for his loud over-the-top filecards! Just had to remove the "ARMY" on his chest and replace it with "BRAWLER".

lehsreh
03-11-2007, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]
Funskool Zartan's a trip. So is Cross Country with black hair, mustache and chrome weapons.
[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Red]
does the funskool zartan change color? ive always thought of buying one so i would have an extra, but i want the color change too.[/COLOR]

Jay
03-11-2007, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]
does the funskool zartan change color? ive always thought of buying one so i would have an extra, but i want the color change too.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
No color change.

rds13601
03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Funschool takes the fun out of collecting with their crappy quality control!! SNARF!!

Jay
03-11-2007, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=rds13601]Funschool takes the fun out of collecting with their crappy quality control!! SNARF!![/QUOTE]
Well then just avoid Funskool figures, they're different enough that they can be spotted very easily.

Swindle
03-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I got a couple... Croc Master, Zartan, and Windmill. Interesting figures in their own right, but I have no interest in collecting more.

Outrider
03-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I have some Funskool Night Vipers, as well as a few other odd figures, and I have to agree with the general consensus here. The paint apps are sloppy, and the quality is hit and miss. The plastic used seems very brittle as well. Then again, that's why they are cheap; you get what you pay for!

lehsreh
03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
[COLOR=Red]anyone know a site that sells funskool. i know of one, but theres no croc master or anything. only a few others.[/COLOR]

Jay
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Did a bit of searching for ya, found a MOC one for 5$ at Guru-Planet:
http://store.guru-planet.com/crocmaster.html

lehsreh
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
[COLOR=Red]thanx, i havent checked their funskool out in awhile. im gonna do that.[/COLOR]

Lava Boss
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
smalljoes.com has a bunch. Decent prices. Haven't ordered from them in years.

maxtype
03-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I have 3-Zarana,Scrap-Iron,and Barbeque.............Zarana presents well on her backing card,so I left her on it............Scrap-Iron was very disapointing QC-wise,but his weapons were nice so I just gave them to a Comic 3-Pack Scrap-Iron......Barbeque looks OK,but I haven't opened him yet...........I SHOULD mention I got them each for .99cents at SmallJoes...........

ender098
03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Of my 11 CG Immortals, 9 are Funschool. I couldn't afford the Hasbro Versions and still eat! LOL! They are ok, but their right legs are shorter than their left. WTF? They are hard as hell to get standing!

General Scarlett
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah...........I don't really know the difference. I just like to play with 'em!! :p

The Faceless Master
03-23-2007, 09:23 PM
can anybody verify the rumor that funskool uses lead based paints
for their figures?

I was tempted to purchase the Funskool SkyStrikers a coupla years ago
but I did get a chance to get the Funskool FANGs & CLAWs
Sticker quality was horrible, but the vehicles themselves were not bad

maxtype
03-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I hadn't heard that about lead-based paint-for me the problem was the 'variable' level of Quality Control-and the poor,paper-thin backing card!