PDA

View Full Version : 4th Operation: Flaming M.O.T.H. set!

G.I.*Jock
03-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Oh wow!

http://www.mastercollector.com/articles/news/mothclubfigure4.htm

How sweet are these!?!?!?!? :D

Dave :cool:

phu
03-05-2007, 07:46 AM
What the... I never read the descriptions before; didn't realize all they were doing was completely reusing old molds. I thought there was at least some creativity involved besides new paint jobs.

They are cool figures, and the repaints are improvements, but it seems like little more than profiteering to me.

ToneGunsRevisited
03-05-2007, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=phu]They are cool figures, and the repaints are improvements, but it seems like little more than profiteering to me.[/QUOTE]
And I thought they were just doing charity :D.

They are very nice figures, all the MOTH sets. I would love buy one of them, but they are very, VERY expensive to have.

Outrider
03-05-2007, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]And I thought they were just doing charity :D.

They are very nice figures, all the MOTH sets. I would love buy one of them, but they are very, VERY expensive to have.[/QUOTE]

They are expensive TG, but they are the only new stuff around at the moment. I bought the first three sets, and I'll definitely buy this one which looks to be the coolest yet. :)

ender098
03-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm gonna have to restrain myself from buying 10 of each of those!
:eek:

Stormer
03-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Outrider -- how much were they for you to get them? From what I've seen, and the more in-depth research Nem did, I was of the understanding that for shipping outside the US MCC charged a ridiculously high amount? And/or international membership was like triple the US cost?

I'd considered joining the club because I'd like to order some of their exclusives (Nullifier, upcoming Copperhead, the MOTH sets) but I don't know that I could afford it whether I thought the figures were worth it or not!

General Scarlett
03-05-2007, 10:50 AM
How much are these?? And what's the cost to 'join the club'........

ender098
03-05-2007, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]How much are these?? And what's the cost to 'join the club'........[/QUOTE]

It's $36.00 yearly to join.

If you buy the figures, it's $61.00 for non-members. Which is basically the $25.00 members pay and the $36.00 join fee.

But if you're planning to buy all 4 sets, you pay $61.00 for the first set and then you're in the club so each additional set will cost you only the regular $25.00, as long as you get them before the year is up!

Or you just ask me to get them for you! LOL! ;)

General Scarlett
03-05-2007, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]Or you just ask me to get them for you! LOL! ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, since you offered................ Please ?? ;) :)

phu
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]And I thought they were just doing charity :D.

They are very nice figures, all the MOTH sets. I would love buy one of them, but they are very, VERY expensive to have.[/QUOTE]...and that bold part right there is the difference between selling repaints (Hasbro) and price gouging (MC). :p

I'm all for making a profit, but paying five times what a figure was worth the first time around for something that isn't even vintage... no thanks. Especially considering the ridiculous (and required) membership fees. If that's your thing, of course, have fun. ;)

Outrider
03-05-2007, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Stormer]Outrider -- how much were they for you to get them? From what I've seen, and the more in-depth research Nem did, I was of the understanding that for shipping outside the US MCC charged a ridiculously high amount? And/or international membership was like triple the US cost?

I'd considered joining the club because I'd like to order some of their exclusives (Nullifier, upcoming Copperhead, the MOTH sets) but I don't know that I could afford it whether I thought the figures were worth it or not![/QUOTE]

Stormer, I'm not a member either, I bought 'em from trusted sellers on eBay, and paid between $40 and $50 US for each set. However, if I have trouble getting this set, I might just take Frank up on his offer!

ender098
03-05-2007, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Stormer, I'm not a member either, I bought 'em from trusted sellers on eBay, and paid between $40 and $50 US for each set. However, if I have trouble getting this set, I might just take Frank up on his offer![/QUOTE]

Damn! I should buy up 100 of them and sell them to all you non members for $40.00 a pop. I could make millions.....billions....I could take over the world....muwhahahahahah!!

Sorry.....EBay-itius took hold! LOL!

Nah, I could never sell on ebay! I can't look at myself in the mirror after charging someone $5.80 shipping on an action figure that cost $.86 to ship! Call me a communist, but I can't get into screwing over my fellow man to line my pockets! LOL!!