02-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Who is your favorite gijoe and why?
who is your favorite kind of troop?

my favorite is storm shadow

and my favorite troop is the great night creeper

lehsreh
02-28-2007, 12:15 PM
[COLOR=Red]
my favorite joe would be quick kick. i loved the old kung-fu movies and bruce lee was my fave actor, even though he was already dead. Q.K. awesome when he first came on the cartoons and beat sormshadow in less then a min. he was always joking too, which i liked. i would have to say that sci- fi and dusty are a very, very close 2nd and 3rd.
my favorite cobra trooper would be between the b.a.t and crimson guards. when the b.a.t came out in toys i loved the look, as a kid thats what counts. he looked so cool that he was one of my most used figures, but i couldnt be him because he was a robot:( the crimson guards were awesome as far as looks go and the cartoon made them look badass, even so much that they could whoop a joe, something most cobra higher-ups couldnt do. but again, he was a trooper and there were more then one, so i wouldnt be him either.[/COLOR]

Dragonrider1227
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
My favorite joes have always been Shipwreck and Sgt. Slaughter.
Shipwreck because he was a smart-alec and Sgt. Slaughter because he was just so badass. It also helped that I didn't know he was a wrestler at the time so after seeing him in the cartoon, I then see the real him in toy ads and cartoon promos and i'm like "HE'S REAL!!" and that always stuck with me
My favorite troops would have to be Vipers and Crimson Gaurd. They both look awesome and are the best at what they do. Being the basic grunts of Cobra, Vipers are the best for army building and the Crimson Gaurd just look plain awesome.

Self-Modifier
02-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Favorite Joe: Duke, for reasons I've outlined many times before.

Favorite troop type: Cobra trooper. Can't beat the original.

Ruki Ren93
03-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Favrorite Joe: Low Light

Favorite Cobra: Croc Master or Ghost Bear

Sonneilon
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Fave Joe : Falcon. Back in 82, it was Flash. Then Torpedo & Tripwire. Skip to 87 and it's Falcon and Tunnel Rat.

Fave Cobra : I seem to be partial to Major Bludd.

Fave Trooper : NeoViper (blue, o-ring)

kamikazi
03-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Favorite Joe: Definately Beachhead!

Fav Cobra: Major Bludd or Destro

Fav Trooper: CG

Self-Modifier
03-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I neglected to mention my favorite Cobra. It's an honest-to-goodness, straight-up tie between Slice and the Baroness.

kamikazi
03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Really? I never liked slice.

Ion
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Favourite Joe: Budo (my new all time fav :D Only for pan-head harley and Heavy Metal music :) )

Favourite Cobra: umm... Destro. He's Scottish. He got +10 at the beginning for that :)

Favourite trooper: hmm... hmmm night Viper - even if I don't own one yet ;)

phu
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
My favorite Joe... hm. Perhaps this version of CC (http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/cobracommander18.shtml).

Favorite kind of troop? New-school Steel Brigade and Sand Vipers, definitely. :D

night creeper
03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Phu that cobra commander is pretty sweet.
my fav cobra is firefly v 1
but currently firefly is not a part of my collection :(
the reason is was i was making a pic of firefly with a flame thrower burning a joe[ha,ha,ha] I lit the top with the lighter and it burnt the gun fast [the gun was painted] so it connected to firefly and he was fried.

ender098
03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't think I could pick a Favorite Joe. I always liked Snake Eyes, but the comic ruined it for me, they spent too much time focusing on him. There were lost of Joes that had cool personalities (as per their file cards) but the figures sucked, or the comics didn't give them any air time! so how to choose!?!? Let's say this.....

As far as looking cool, my all Time Favorite had to be Falcon. Love the Beret! (and unlike Flint, hasbro made teh Beret look right on Falcon). The ONLY reason I hated Flint was the frakked up French Chef's hat they tried to pass of as a beret on the figure! If the figure looked like the comic version, we'd be good! (BTW, I LOVE the comic version that came with the 3packs! That's the way the V1 shoudl have looked!)

My Favorite as far as Character was definitely LowLight (read the V1 fileCard) and Mainframe was definitely second. I like the "old Crusty" guys! (Damn you Devils Due for killing him off...damn you to hell) ;)

Favorite Cobra? Hmmmm....that's a hard one. Cobra has fractured into so many different organizatons in the past. In My JoeVerse, the coil, Zartan and the Dreadnoks and the Iron Grenadiers are their own seperate armies. They work together sometimes, but they are not under cobra! But as far as bad guys go, I like Wraith. (although they could have done sooooo much more with him) and Zartan. (because when push comes to shove, Zartan will kick your @$$...ask Serpentor, Zandar or Firefly!)

Favorite troops? Frag Vipers. The figures need updating, but I like the concept. As for looks, the night vipers get my vote hands down!

Self-Modifier
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=kamikazi]Really? I never liked slice.[/QUOTE]

Well (not to hijack the thread or anything), I just loved his portrayal in the comics. Besides the fact that he looks cool --Red and black with that fencing mask-- He was also portrayed consistently as one of the smartest, most sarcastic, and most evil-yet-honorable Cobras that we ever saw.

There are a couple of main things that stick in my mind : One is the fact that he was pretty much the only Cobra that didn't believe Scarlett's defection was genuine-- Even after Snake-Eyes stabbed her, which was what convinced all the other Cobras she was for real.

The other is how horrified he was to learn that Firefly had left all the others to die in the freighter, saying something to the effect of "You had the means to escape and kept it from your comrades? What kind of man are you?!?"

Besides those two, which are my favorite examples, there were all his great one-liners ("Come, Dice! Let us hie to yon melee!") and the general air of coolness he always exuded. I may be mistaken, because I've never spoken to the man, but I got the impression from reading that he was one of Larry Hama's few favorite post-1989-90 characters. You only have to look at the frequency with which he appeared over the final 35 or so issues compared with the infrequency of his contemporaries to see that.

snakeeater
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I'll pick Falcon as my favorite Joe. A big part of it is because he was the first Joe I got, so I used him a lot back in the day. Also, he has one of the best sculpts of the original line, very detailed and realistic. He's got a really good file card too.

For favorite Cobra Trooper, I might go with the blueshirt, as they seem to best symbolize Cobra. That look is pretty iconic.

Sonneilon
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I had an issue or two past the 100-mark and I didn't see anything special about Slice. And Dice. And the rest of the ninjaic crew. But I did enjoy Slice and Slash in VvV. One of my fave 2-packs even if I haven't used them in a dio yet.

General Jones
03-01-2007, 08:19 PM
I think that my favorite Joe would have to be Shipwreck
Favorite Cobra is Zartan
Favorite trooper is the 86 Viper

ender098
03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I gotta admit the '86 Viper Rules! ;)

Self-Modifier
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I had an issue or two past the 100-mark and I didn't see anything special about Slice. And Dice. And the rest of the ninjaic crew. But I did enjoy Slice and Slash in VvV. One of my fave 2-packs even if I haven't used them in a dio yet.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you only read an issue or two, that's why. You have to read all of them!

(I had a whole paragraph talking about how the post 100 issues weren't that bad, but I'm going to put it in the jumped-the-shark thread instead)

Jay
03-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Didn't Slice quote "A Clockwork Orange" a lot? I've read the issues but I haven't seen that movie, I heard Slice was quite fond of quoting it.

rds13601
03-02-2007, 07:46 AM
COBRA- Firefly Joe- Beachead, Shockwave

Self-Modifier
03-02-2007, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=Jay]Didn't Slice quote "A Clockwork Orange" a lot? I've read the issues but I haven't seen that movie, I heard Slice was quite fond of quoting it.[/QUOTE]

I know for sure he mentioned he could go for a spot of the old ultra-violence, but other than that, I'm not sure. I only ever saw that movie once, and it was a few years ago...

Red Sox
03-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Hmmm. This is tough.
Favorite Joe: Sgt. Slaughter or Shipwreck or Clutch or Rock n Roll .... I can't pick just one! :p

Favorite Cobra: Without question Cobra Commander

Favorite Trooper: Original Blueshirt and Original Viper are tied, they're both great.

gung ho
03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
FAV JOE: gungho
FAV TROOP: sand viper