PDA

View Full Version : Has Destro lost it?

Swindle
02-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Destro used to be cool, but I'm been thinking, boy, he's lame lately.

This is via the exposure he's gotten in the S6 toon (which I suppose is ending, but still).

I don't know what Devils Due is doing with him, but in the S6 toon, he was portrayed as a pretty hapless Cobra goon in the second season. His voice also reminds me of his DIC voice, making him even more crappy. Then you throw in his figure, which looks like a gorilla. Not a good result.

Oh Destro, you've seen better days!

Sonneilon
02-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Last I saw him in AE, he was a fanatical nutwad who couldn't control his emotions. I dunno, Destro, like all characters, are usually better in our heads than in cartoon or comic form.

General Scarlett
02-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I stopped following what Destro was doing in print & 'toon a looong time ago. Now he's just the super-cool bad @$$ he's always been in my 'verse.........

lehsreh
02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
[COLOR=Red]i too used to love destro. he was the badguy you respected. hes changing for the worse in the comics and in the S5 cartoon he has no sense of honor whatsoever. is the S6 cartoon really over, or is it waiting for new episodes to be made? sonn your a fan, is it cancelled?[/COLOR]

Sonneilon
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I know that the cartoon hasn't been renewed. The Sigma6 theme is going away and the 8" line will be pushed as GI Joe : A Real American Hero and go 3 different route. Commando, Combat (ick) and Adventure. If Hasbro's smart, they'll do a GI Joe : Adventure cartoon.

lehsreh
02-26-2007, 09:16 AM
[COLOR=Red]aww man, that sucks. it wasnt something i was in love with, but just the fact that it was G.I. Joe got me to turn to fox every saturday and get a bowl of cereal and OJ and pretend it was the good ol days.[/COLOR]

rds13601
02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I think Destro lost it when he started wearing his ancestral iron mask. I also think he lost it when he started a relationship with the Baroness. We all know the Baroness has been around more than Paris Hilton!! Someone get the pennicillin!! Yikes!!

Lava Boss
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I have no idea what to make of Destro. He peaked with the Iron Grenadiers, then in 1992 they reset the toys and Destro was just Cobra's supplier again.

The comic, bad guys become good guys but don't stay that way...what can you do with a character who flip-flops?

Sunbow Destro had an agenda, the ancestral vow to end all law in the world.

The comic one, wanted to make weapons sales, but seemed to despise dishonor. He was living the world of the idealized past.

kamikazi
02-26-2007, 12:51 PM
don't fall in with crap like that. in all shows meant for kids they make the baddie harsh voiced and cruel. and always some comic relief comes in and beats him. its the way of crappy hasbro toons, and gi joe is falling. its getting replaced by wrestlers and pirates of the carribean. even star wars is losing it. on his birthday, i got my nephew a ton of joes. THREE WEEKS LATER, i came back to find that he hadn't even picked them up from the floor. He said he likes this game called Tak. Whats it coming to?

Dersham
02-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Sonn why is combat ick? Did I miss something? As for the cartoons, yeah I never got in them and whenever I saw any Sigma 6 episodes I shook my head in shame. I'm a comic guy true and true, it was my only exposure to the joe verse so it was the one I accepted as gospel. Seeing the cartoon afterwards made me feel disappointed, but they are trying to attract kids too after all. I guess us older fans aren't as numerous, though we do have more money.

night creeper
02-27-2007, 02:10 PM
i used to thank destro was cool but now screw it

Sonneilon
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
The 8" Combat will be using names of beloved ARAH Joes. However, those figures will be frankensteins. (Sorry, this is pretty off-topic) You might remember that Long Range head on Grand Slam body? Hasbro will repaint it can call him Leatherneck, from what the rumors are saying. Shockwave, that guy that looked a bit like LowLight? He's got Duke's head underneath that mask. And Desert Fox is simply a repaint of Grand Slam in desert colors.

At least Adventure will push the toys ahead.

I'm not confident that the Commandos will do all that much to move the franchise forward, but we'll see.

Dersham
02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]The 8" Combat will be using names of beloved ARAH Joes. However, those figures will be frankensteins. (Sorry, this is pretty off-topic) You might remember that Long Range head on Grand Slam body? Hasbro will repaint it can call him Leatherneck, from what the rumors are saying. Shockwave, that guy that looked a bit like LowLight? He's got Duke's head underneath that mask. And Desert Fox is simply a repaint of Grand Slam in desert colors.

At least Adventure will push the toys ahead.

I'm not confident that the Commandos will do all that much to move the franchise forward, but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Aiee! That sounds awful! Good thing I don't collect the 8" guys. That makes me feel better a tiny bit, but it still sounds awful. Our beloved characters being chopped up and recombobulated. Okay I spelled that wrong, but you all catch my drift.

bluestalker88
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon] Shockwave, that guy that looked a bit like LowLight? He's got Duke's head underneath that mask. [/QUOTE]

um Graham if I remember right he has wet suits head and desert wolf has FA dukes head. just a thought not trying to go too off topic.

on the topic of destro, it does seem like he changed quite a bit from the comic days like he used to be a mean killing who ever got in his way kind of guy but now......

Nick

Sonneilon
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
uhmmmm, sure, what Nick just said. :D

kamikazi
02-28-2007, 04:00 PM
That happens with newer versions.