PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever think of a group dio???

lehsreh
02-18-2007, 10:25 AM
[COLOR=Red]im sure we all have, but just thought it would be too much hassle, the skill levels and getting it done on time with the others. but what about everyone helping others out with their dios? i mean say someone needs a pic of hawk in the joe control room talking with mainframe, but like myself he/she doesnt have mainframe or the joe base. do any dio makers ever help one another out here? is it to much to ask that someone take a few pics for the former person and send them to him/her as long as he/she gets credit. i think this is why more people do not make dios, they just do not have a few things they need for a scene. and what about group dios, i dont mean like a combo storyline. i mean say gen. joe will be using some characters in his story, then sonn. uses different ones in his. they can mention the others a lil in their dio with a lil refrence. say after that dio gen joe will be using different character, then he and sonn. talk about who they will be using. you know, more like a comic. this is never going to happen, so dont come on here saying " this and that would be too hard". i just asked if anyone had ever thought about this. now the thing about helping one another out with pics is a great idea imo. [/COLOR]

phu
02-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Well, part of making a dio is using what you have in creative ways. ;)

This certainly isn't a bad idea, but there are some conspicuous problems -- what if they don't have the Hawk you're using? I think the biggest problem would be style. Unless the two of you took your photos with similar cameras in similar lighting and you used focus and accessories in similar ways, your dio would look a bit patchwork.

If a few people who liked to do things in similar ways got together to work on a dio in this manner, though, the results could be awesome!

General Scarlett
02-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Well I don't know about anybody else, but Flint & I talk about the pics we're going to be taking seperately & then try to tag team our pics to form some sort of story. Not all the time mind you, but we have done it.........

And just you wait 'til we get together to take & post pics!!!!!!! ;) :)

Flint
02-18-2007, 01:32 PM
We sure have Scarlett!!! It's really fun doing it because you have two or more creative forces behind it. Also you can get different ideas going... See what works and what doesn't... The important thing is to just have Fun!!! Cause if your not enjoying what your doing it just isn't worth it!!! :D

ender098
02-21-2007, 08:26 AM
It could be argued that LordRaven and I have made a group dio. His "Your Loving Son Jim" and my "Your Loving Son, Chris" dios were thought up and hashed out during an MSN chat session we had. He needed a scene where one of his characters was arrested by the (Crimson)Shadow Guard and taken away, but he didn't have any Shadow Guard at that time, so I asked him what he wanted it to look like and I shot that one scene for him, then mailed him the pics!

The hardest thing is getting the proper characters. For example, in my upcoming Dio, "Riddick Run" there is going to be a fight between Riddick and Jim (Shane's Character) but I have to wait for a 2000 Duke I purchased to arrive, because that's the Head Shane (LordRaven) used for his Character Jim. (He had to pick the ONE version of Duke I don't have!)

A group dio would be fun, or at least a dio where characters or storylines overlap, but some authors kill off a lot of characters while others have them still alive, that, too may cause some conflict.