PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* 25th Figures/Vehicles/Accessories, etc. Discussions ~Part 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Uncle Flint
01-19-2007, 07:30 AM
This was posted yesterday on the official GI Joe site:

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=35C82259-D56F-E112-452C2E891A19E111

Do any of you guys know more about this stuff?
I'm really curious? Any rumors out there?

Stormer
01-19-2007, 07:44 AM
25 figures?!? Okay, I'm actually excited now...

They say most detailed as well as most articulated, so hopefully they won't look TOO different from existing 3.75" figures and won't have joints throwing their proportions off... I'm imagining something along the line of Marvel Legends Showdown...

ToneGunsRevisited
01-19-2007, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Stormer]25 figures?!? Okay, I'm actually excited now...

They say most detailed as well as most articulated, so hopefully they won't look TOO different from existing 3.75" figures and won't have joints throwing their proportions off... I'm imagining something along the line of Marvel Legends Showdown...[/QUOTE]
Maybe they'll show the same artiulation as Marvel Showdown. That would really ROCK!!!

G.I.*Jock
01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]Maybe they'll show the same artiulation as Marvel Showdown. That would really ROCK!!![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how I feel. I really hoped for a more modern RAH sculpt style. Like the Comic Packs. Some of the head sculpts were fantastic and left me wishing we revamp the torso's and arms etc. too. I don't really want to see crazy levels of articulation. As for the Marvel thing, I look at those figures and I just can't take to them...

Let's hope Hasbro hasn't gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofed! :eek:

Outrider
01-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Knowing Hasbro, I'm not getting my hopes up. :rolleyes:

rds13601
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
As long as the figures come with helmets and include th original 13 agents with the right color schemes, I'll be getting all of them. If its like Sigma 6 , I won't. This is great news for 3.75 collectors. I can't wait to see them. Thanks for giving us the heads up!!1

Lava Boss
01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I just now some yokel'll spoil the line-up before Hasbro unveils any of them.

I'm not exicted, intrigued maybe. It's hard to work up enthusiasm, because even if a picture of one of these looks excellent, it's all about the final product, something Hasbro mucks up IMHO with spotty quality control.

miragearmor
01-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Unless they have remakes of Flash and Grand Slam in their original uniformes and new heads and comic color schemes, I'll buy 'em. :D

For now, I have no interest. :rolleyes:

Sonneilon
01-19-2007, 02:15 PM
It's believed that H is taking the most popular chars from 82-86 to redux. Check out the JBL for people's ideas. Let me rephrase that. We KNOW they are taking chars from 82-86. However, the JBL figures H is taking the popular chars. I expect to see the usual core; SE, Scar, Duke, CC, Destro, & Baroness.

Just to note, don't expect to see Star Wars parts get mixed into GI Joe. It's believed (again, that word) that GL keeps the SW parts for SW-only toys. Even though it's a Hasbro product, Hasbro can't use any of the parts. Stay tuned to the Joe and toy sites because ToyFair is next month. We should be able to get first looks (well, ok, 2nd looks) of what's to come in the summer. SUMMER! That's sooner than I would have thought!

ender098
01-19-2007, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Knowing Hasbro, I'm not getting my hopes up. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!

And if the stuff is 3.75" Sigma Six, I'm gonna end up eating crow and buying it. And Graham will NEVER let me live it down! LOL!

Seriously though, after the comic packs, and going back and hunting down the Stars and Stripes set, I don't want anymore of the orginal 13 Joes. I'd like to see more of the 1986 series! Mabe a decent version of Shockwave and Hit and Run. Or even better (although I'm probably gonna get flamed for this.....) NEW DD Sculpts. Wraith, Mayday, Firewall, General Rey, Serpentor, Overlord, Mistress Armada, Alexander McCullen, Dr. Knox, and of course, the Red Shadows! Even, dare I say it, a new MAINFRAME sculpt?

Or how about some Characters that didn't make it to figures from the original series? Like Hard Master and Soft Master, Billy, Candy, Capt Mihn, Dr. Venom, ScarFace (ok, he it be argued he was in the cobra infantry six pack!) and Recondo's Indian Friend.

Just my $.02

Sonneilon
01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Dude, it won't be Sigma6. That wouldn't make sense. S6 it it's own entity. The 25th will cater to the OLD collectors.

Uncle Flint
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
What is the deal with the articulation? does anybody have any ideas? Is it just wrists? I think Barrage's head looks stupid. I hope they don't do that with all the new figures' heads.

Sonneilon
01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the ball neck.

There are a handful of people that are in the know and they will NOT let anything out. Master Collector's one of them, y'know? Patience, young padawan. Well ok, it's easier for ME to wait cuz I have the S6 coming out every month. hee hee.

Stormer
01-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Just had a thought - with new articulation, are they going to be at all compatible with old figures when it comes to customising...? With they still have the screw-torsos...?

Paragon
01-19-2007, 04:08 PM
It wouldnt shock me if these guys were 3.75" Sigma-6 figures. Isn't the Hasbro news on the Sigma-6 section of their website? Why would they post it there if it wasn't Sigma-6 related? The line about the new articulation makes me think these wont be RAH style figures, and they wont be the new sculpts we have seen the last few years, and if they are doing a whole new base sculpt for these new 3.75" figures, with the Sigma-6 cartoons and merchandise already on the shelf, I'd almost be these would be S6 guys.

--== Paragon ==--

Sonneilon
01-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Yet, how is S6 a nod to the old ARAH line? They won't be S6. Hasbro is looking to make these collectables for the old fans.

Self-Modifier
01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm always optimistic about these things. Despite Hasbro's track record, I try to look for the positives. Of course, my opinions aren't as strong as others', so I'm not usually as disappointed. New articulation? Sounds good to me. As long as it's not a T-crotch, why not? I think ball joints in the Marvel Legends style would be really nice, and be a great improvement on the O-ring.

I also think a selection limited exclusively to new versions of 82-86 would be a great idea, and considering this is an anniversary line, it makes the most sense. If I could choose 25 Joe characters to be re-done in this line, they would be:

1. Duke (based on v1)
2. Flint (based on v1, cartoon colors)
3. Hawk (based on v2)
4. Snake-Eyes (based on v2)
5. Scarlett (based on v1)
6. Lady Jaye (based on v1, cartoon look)
7. Gung-Ho (based on v1)
8. Roadblock (based on v1 or v2)
9. Beachhead (based on v1)
10. Shipwreck (based on v1)
11. Wild Bill (based on v1)
12. Breaker
13. Stalker (based on v1)
14. Doc
15. Ace (based on cartoon look)
16. Mutt (based on v1)
17. Spirit (based on v1)
18. Cobra Commander (based on v1, interchangeable heads)
19. Baroness (based on v1)
20. Destro (based on v1)
21. Major Bludd (based on v1)
22. Zartan (based on v1)
23. Storm Shadow (based on v1)
24. Cobra Officer
25. Cobra Trooper

As you can tell, I'm barely a fan of anything post-1984, and even less so after 1985. But anyway, I think a group like this would be a very fitting anniversary set, and if done well, Hasbro would definitely get my money for all of them.

rds13601
01-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Those are some good ideas!! My loyalty to the 3.75 line ends in 1989 with the making of the Night Viper # the obligatory Big Ben, Red Star and Big Bear figures. I also really liked the 2000-2006 line of stuff,incuding the DTC line. Somethings are better than nothing and after 1994 I'll take anything Hasbro can throw down. Its cool having Gi Joe back!! A geat comic;with great figures!!

Dersham
01-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Muwhahaha! A Captain Minh figure, oh that'd be a sight too see. It would be cool to see all those other figures you listed Ender, that'd be sweet, even that new Mainframe in which he looks really fit. Well I hope the figures turn out good though, but we'll see.

lehsreh
01-20-2007, 06:51 PM
[COLOR=Red]mmm, why do we all talk about hasbro's track record. ill be the first to say that they've done things that were bad for the joe's. but we cant say their track record is that bad, i mean they got all of us hooked. and i know i dont have the armies most of you do, i was out of the joe thing for a very long time. but i think it will be the old style make of joes and probably no joes who came after 87. just my opinion though. i also think that whoever they do remake for the 25th will have very lil changes. but i for one would be happy since most of my old joes i lost to the damn parallel universe that sucks all toys down it when were not looking and we never know where they went. i've been rebuilding my collection, but to have new oldies would be cheaper for me then to go to ebay.[/COLOR]

Paragon
01-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I am a hard core fan of the 3.75" line for sure, I grew up with them... My faves are from 82 until about 85 or so, that was the range of time I really 'played' with them... but toys have to change to keep up with the times, we saw it all through the 82-94 years, and again in recent years. Sigma-6 is running good now, I am not saying that this new 25th Anniversay set will be "Sigma-6", but it most likely is going to have some of the sigma-6 type of construction to it, especially with Hasbro saying it was going to have a lot of added articulation...

I would love reissues (updated with new sculpts) of the original first few years of figures, that would be sweet.

--== Paragon ==--

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-20-2007, 08:09 PM
[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]Lmao what has sigma 6 got to do with the anniversary stuff?, I can only hope that Hasbro don't release these as Sigm6 that would be disastrous and they certainly wouldn't get a penny off me.

From what I have heard the first 10 will be in the summer and they are aimed at collectors.. I have been told that these are going to be really good.. and worth waiting for..
I'm optomistic.. and of course reserve my own trusted judgement until I see better pictures and reviews online. :cool: [/COLOR][/FONT]

Dzirhan
01-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm with Nemesis Enforcer on this one, I'm going to reserve judgment till I see pictures of them. It's nice to see we have them coiming out this year but I wish they release DTC wave 4 in the meantime.

G.I.*Jock
01-22-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=4B1AD5C7-D56F-E112-44B98FB9D3FC9EB3

Image doesn't appear on the webpage. But if you click above Storm Shadow the image will load!

The link anyway incase any one gets stuck!

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/closeup.cfm?image=/StormShadowLarge.jpg

Oh my f*cking god! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

Fantom
01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Looks like you beat me to the punch. Very cool looking figure. Looks like they are using the double jointed knees for some added articulation. Love the detailing on the accessories too. Can't wait to see what else Hasbro has in store for us.

snipesfg17
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Clearly the best Storm Shadow ever. If all the figs look this good, I will buy every one of them.

Sonneilon
01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised. I had ideas on what to expect but whether Hasbro would follow thru, that was an entirely different matter! I like the Stormy for the most part but at the same time, I wish there was a tad more. I like the addition of the loin cloth that came from VvV. I'd prefer him to have knee pads (ala DD's influence). And lastly, I'm not sure if I'm down with the sandals. I know, I know, they are typical martial art shoes but they just look more like sandals to me.

Please notice that there is most likely NO O-RING! The analysts over on the JBL believe there is a chest articulation and then ball n socket joint for the legs. You can already see the double-jointed knees and then articulation above the elbow and on the forearm. Notice also that you can NOT see the joints on the shoulder and elbow (which is more like the late GI Joe figures as opposed to ARAH and is that a BAD THING???). I don't see ankle articulation but I'm GUESSING there's a swivel calf (pant meets leg wrapping). Anyway, word up.

Hasbro will be releasing the names and pics of the 1st 10 (we're not sure if it's a random 10 or the 1st 10 on their list) on their website over the next few weeks or months. Expect these to see mass release sometime this summer. Don't be surprised if Hasbro releases these AFTER the convention OR that HTS will be at the Con where the hardcore fans get 1st dibs.

Understand, there are a ton of rumors floating around. I can see a $10 price point for these; just like the SW VOTC stuff. But there's another rumor floating around that these will come in 5-packs and retail for $25. Only rumors/speculation.

And I admit, it'd be REALLY funny if these killed off the S6 line.

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-22-2007, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]
And I admit, it'd be REALLY funny if these killed off the S6 line.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Lucida Console] :D LMAO :D Thats tickled me... it would be hilarious..sort of sigma 6 wouldnt be a one year flash.. it wouldnt even be a pop or a fart.

As for the figure.. this thing is cookin.. I'm hoping this isnt the best of the bunch.. and hasbro has set a good tone to which they will follow with more impressive releases.
[/FONT]

Lava Boss
01-22-2007, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]
And I admit, it'd be REALLY funny if these killed off the S6 line.[/QUOTE]

But you like Sigma Six :confused:

I'm not sold on these yet. Cuz a picture may be worth a 1000 words, but it's still just a picture.

I ask from these figures

1. Somewhat compatible with previous joes, by that I mean...scale (height). If these wind up shrimpy 3 1/4" midgets forget it, slightly larger might be passable or at least a fun "new line"...I dunno.

2. They can sit down. Darn it, super articulation is bupkiss if they can't even sit.

3. $7 or less. Joe fans aren't Star Wars fans...actually based on the last VOTC releases, Star Wars fans ain't star wars fans. So much of that went on markdown and is still there in some places. And that pushes parents away in droves. An 8-inch figure next to it on the pegs for $10 or less...why buy 3 3/4"?

4. Quality. If the stuff is too fragile...ain't cool. You can design a great figure, but if the paint ops are sloppy...ain't cool.

Paragon
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I dont think the S6 line has to worry, this is only a 25th anniversary thing with only 25 new figs coming out, right? I bet that a good month before these come out, there will be no new S6 stuff, and no new restocks, then we'll have a good 2 months of these things sitting around everywhere, then back to S6...

I like these though, very well done, if this is setting the standard for them all, I will be impressed. Let's hope this isn't the best of the entire 25 line though, and everything else is 'so-so'.

--== Paragon ==--

Self-Modifier
01-22-2007, 07:02 PM
WOW! That is a phenomenal toy. Granted, the protos always look better than the finished product, but just the same... WOW. If they're all up to this quality, and if they all present classic versions of the characters like this one does, I'll definitely find the cash for each and every one.

As for this...

[QUOTE=Lava Boss]3. $7 or less. Joe fans aren't Star Wars fans...actually based on the last VOTC releases, Star Wars fans ain't star wars fans. So much of that went on markdown and is still there in some places. And that pushes parents away in droves. An 8-inch figure next to it on the pegs for $10 or less...why buy 3 3/4"?[/QUOTE]

Everyone seems to think they'll be charging a lot because of the prices on the VOTC Star Wars figures, but no one seems to remember that Hasbro pays a licensing fee to Lucasfilm.

As an example: Wizards of the Coast (a Hasbro subsidiary, as it happens) owns Dungeons & Dragons. A typical Wizards of the Coast Dungeons & Dragons book costs $20.00. When WoTC was making the Star Wars RPG, their books of the same size and page count cost $30.00. This was because of the licensing fees they had to pay to Lucas in addition to the cost of making the book itself.

I see no reason to think action figures are any different. They have to charge more because they're paying more to Lucasfilm for the Star Wars rights in addition to the cost of just making the figures. But since Hasbro owns G.I. Joe, I would guess these Joe figures, if comparable to the VOTC figs in quality, will cost less than their Star Wars counterparts.

Sonneilon
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
note the theory of the 5-pack for $25...

They should be able to sit down just fine. Ball joint hips, yo. NOT V-crotch.

The question isn't necessarily height, but do you really want figures THIS detailed next to your ARAH stuff? That's how I feel about the 2002 stuff and the ARAH. I don't mix the two due to detailing. Let's face it, Stormy has arm muscle! While we know this is a shot of what's to come, the Marvel Showdown stuff is painted, for the most part, pretty well.

I am a S6 fan but a lot of it has to do with THAT being the only game in town. And honestly, I like the larger scale and added articulation.

Paragon
01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Five different 5-packs for $25 each would be fine with me, I'd actually like that better because it would be easier to get them all (rather than hunting single carded figures), also prevents peg warmers and short packed figures (if they setup the 5-packs correctly)...

Now... As for Sigma-6, I put off getting them for an entire year, finally I couldnt take it anymore, I needed my Joe fix. :) I actually was happy with Sigma-6 and glad I finally got into it...

For the 2002 line, yeah, you are on target there... Too many muscles (like the 1995 Star Wars line), just doesnt fit in... The old/new mold thing I can get past, but the out of shape, super huge muscle thing doesnt work for me.

--== Paragon ==--

Southzen
01-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't think it will be the first 25 figures released; I think it will be the most popular sellers Hasbro has had over the past 25 years. So when thinking of who it may be, I would think of who was the best selling ever. SS, SE, CC, Duke, Destro, Zartan, are givens. I wouldn't just think the first 13 with an added 12. I will probably make special shelf space for these guys away from the rest unless they turn out to be fodder, but I doubt they will be. Hasbro wants to impress both the collectors, retailers, and market. I also think it will be the most iconic versions of those figures.

Self-Modifier
01-22-2007, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]The question isn't necessarily height, but do you really want figures THIS detailed next to your ARAH stuff? That's how I feel about the 2002 stuff and the ARAH. I don't mix the two due to detailing. Let's face it, Stormy has arm muscle! While we know this is a shot of what's to come, the Marvel Showdown stuff is painted, for the most part, pretty well.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I'd probably put 'em with my ARAH figures. That is, I'd replace the existing versions of these 25 with the new versions. I use the 2002 Beachhead with my ARAH figures. I do think this Storm Shadow looks pretty muscular, but I don't think he's going to be as steroid-ed out as the original JvC characters were.

I really guess I'll have to wait and see what they look like in person though...

lehsreh
01-23-2007, 01:13 AM
[COLOR=Red]only thing i have to say is YESSS!!! storm shadow looks great, even if he didnt i would still be more then happy. im praying that these will sell so great that they will stop the S6 line and being back the 3 3/4 line. i know this isnt realistic, but i can dream.[/COLOR]

G.I.*Jock
01-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm still a wee bit disapointed that the sculpts aren't more original in terms of ARAH proportions, but after seeing the new SS I can over look that. How will he look with older Joe's though?

I know some have said that this isn't the GI Joe they know and have been causing a fuss. Okay the sculpt maybe different, and had disapointed me a little because its not more ARAH like. But its styled on the classic figures, so thats cool with me... If you wanna see something that isn't Joe go look at Sigma 6. A lot of characters aren't easily guessable. Tunnel Rat for example. It doesn't matter what figures we get in the 25th anniv line. We will know who they are for sure by just looking at them!

Sigma 6 rant over.

The questions on my mind now are:

Will we see vehicle rehashes?

Is this the end of the line... One last push before the 3 and 3/4 inch line is killed off in favour of S6? Or is this just the beginning of something very special?

Who knows. It may well come down to sales.

I can't help but feel a little uncertainty about the long term future of Joe. Especially with the lack of DTC wave 4. Perhaps I should just enjoy the short term future instead, a future that is looking very bright indeed!

Praise the god of Pawtucket!

Dave

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-23-2007, 02:21 AM
[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]Ok.. lets just work off sales alone.. say hasbro release kick arse 5 packs five of five at $24.99 costing the average of $4.99
Say these fly off the shelf.. and are really popular with old and new.. we already know they are going to feature new added articulation and yet keep to the dedication of the original character..

You mean to tell me if these are a total success .. and a complete wipeout hasbro are going to ignore that? ... I honestly don't think so.. because it would be a winning formula for them.. just because they hold Transformers and Star Wars in high regard it doesnt mean to say they will kill off other money making opportunities..

I'd like to think if these are a huge success hasbro will act on it and follow up with some vehicles a second set of figures in 2008 and with that a relaunch in conjunction with the cartoon or comic. ;) [/COLOR] [/FONT]

G.I.*Jock
01-23-2007, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=NemesisEnforcerFan][FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]Ok.. lets just work off sales alone.. say hasbro release kick arse 5 packs five of five at $24.99 costing the average of $4.99
Say these fly off the shelf.. and are really popular with old and new.. we already know they are going to feature new added articulation and yet keep to the dedication of the original character..

You mean to tell me if these are a total success .. and a complete wipeout hasbro are going to ignore that? ... I honestly don't think so.. because it would be a winning formula for them.. just because they hold Transformers and Star Wars in high regard it doesnt mean to say they will kill off other money making opportunities..

I'd like to think if these are a huge success hasbro will act on it and follow up with some vehicles a second set of figures in 2008 and with that a relaunch in conjunction with the cartoon or comic. ;) [/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]

As I pretty much said, I think if theres to be any future for the 3 and 3/4 inch line it will depend on sales of the 25th anniv line. Obviously if it does well, we stand a better chance of more new Joes.

With the lack of Joes in the past few years and the nature of the DTC line, it's important these figures sell well... That is my feeling... If not, I think the 3 and 3/4 inch line will be done with.

Dave

rds13601
01-23-2007, 05:15 AM
A very good start by Hasbro!! I will be getting all of them!! Storm Shadow never looked better. The details are superb. This is the Storm Shadow I always wanted!!

Fantom
01-23-2007, 06:48 AM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]But you like Sigma Six :confused:

4. Quality. If the stuff is too fragile...ain't cool. You can design a great figure, but if the paint ops are sloppy...ain't cool.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about them being fragile. Hasbro took over the Marvel Legends line and with their first wave improved on the articulation and durability of the joints big time. Looks like they are implementing some of that articulation design into these figures so you can rest assured they will hold up.

Lets face it. Going off this one pic this line of figs is going to be superb. The production photo is usually better then the actual fig but with Hasbro its usually not that big of a diff.

Uncle Flint
01-23-2007, 07:13 AM
To me what makes a great figure is:
1. A properly proportioned realistic sculpt
2. Realistic color apps (no purples and oranges)
3. Appropriate accessories

Storm Shadow looks great on all those criteria. But I buy figures to use them is dios and photos. I have a hard time justifying buying something I can't or won't use in photos. I'm really doubting that these figures can be used along side the stuff I've already got.

I really wish they hadn't decided to drop the o-ring, and the ball heads look stupid in photos. Just look at the head of the Barrage figure in all the Barrage photos on this site and tell it doesn't look stupid.

If Hasbro was intending to market these primarily to collectors they would have stuck with the o-ring. The shift means they are trying to market to kids and collectors, which is always dicey. The investment in new construction also signals that Hasbro doesn't want the line to die here.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sonneilon
01-23-2007, 08:31 AM
There is this to consider.

IF these don't go to the mass retail stores, expect the MSRPs to be higher. IF these can get into Walmart, Target and TRU (and other B&Ms), there's a better chance of them going with that $25 route. Which would be nice. There's a lot of speculation on the packaging and price point.

As well, I LOVED the huge muscled Joes of JvC. Imo, that's what Joe needed to step up in today's toy world. I hope when they release the Roadblock pics, he's a big buff daddy.

Lava Boss
01-23-2007, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]
The question isn't necessarily height, but do you really want figures THIS detailed next to your ARAH stuff? That's how I feel about the 2002 stuff and the ARAH. I don't mix the two due to detailing. Let's face it, Stormy has arm muscle! While we know this is a shot of what's to come, the Marvel Showdown stuff is painted, for the most part, pretty well..[/QUOTE]

I try to approach things like I would as a kid, what plays well with something else. When I take photos, I sometimes mix RAH and New sculpts, and sometimes don't. Asthetics I understand. But these are toys, and I haven't played with purely Joes by themselves...since...forever. (not that I play with them now, but on my dresser, the latest Star Wars and Joes tend to hang out together...). I wasn't one of those nitpicky kids, other than peferring 3 3/4". When I think about seperating styles of Joes in the past, my next thought was "why don't I just sell off the new sculpts". And I did sell a couple and now regret it, since I was acting like a RAH purist collector and letting that override the fun aspects of the hobby.

Sonneilon
01-23-2007, 09:57 AM
HAHAHHAHHAAAAA... See, I sold all my ARAH stuff off on ebay. I didn't want to touch the stuff cuz I'd worry the o-ring would detoriate more. I had guys lying in my APC and the o-rings busted w/o me touching them. I figured, there are collectors out there who want them far more than me. I got the new stuff. It was like a new chance to get into a current day Joe and not be stuck w/ the past. I guess I'm more open to alternative Joe verses than I ever was with TF. I mean, the thought of HotRod and crew were ok, but after the movie, i was totally lost. And any incarnation of TF after that, bleh.

I'm a nu skulpt guy now but when we get the full listing of the 25th, I'm worried about how these will look together. Hmmmmm...

Outrider
01-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Hmmmmmm...I'm still not convinced. I'd rather see a picture of a proper character rather than base my judgement on a darn ninja figure. I'll wait and see. :confused:

Sonneilon
01-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Comparisons.

-image from yojoe.com-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/stormshadow01.jpg

-image from hasbro.com-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/StormShadowLarge.jpg

Sonneilon
01-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Duke's the next up for show. Originally shown by Fred over on the JBL this morning, it was later pulled. Now, TNI has it up and well, it ain't going anywhere!

Discuss, yo!

-yup, run on over to TNI...-
I am Duke! (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F25th%2F&pic=DukeLarge.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0)

Lava Boss
01-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Looks kinda stringy. Dunno about him. I was hoping to be blown away by Duke.

Still wondering how these figure will sit, splayed out? Might be hard to use them with vehicles. I mean Sgt. Savage had socket style and those could not sit for sit!

ender098
01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Whooohooo! Another Version of Duke, to put with my 40 or so other "Army Buliders" of America's Blond haired, blue eyed Aryan posterboy of rightousness!

I should have figured Hasbro had to have Duke out front! BLAH!!! He's like Jeff Gordon, Oscar De Lahoya, and Dannick Patrick, Poster kids!!

Sonneilon
01-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Hasbro's gotta do the CORE. Hasbro's gotta do the most popular. Maybe they do a poll around the US : Who are the most recognizable GI Joe characters? Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander. The triad of GI Joe.

I can deal with this Duke. We gotta assume by now that H is taking the original designs and giving them an updated sculpted style. So while we'd love definitive versions, that would be another line or theme. Maybe when H did Duke for JvC (uh, the more-articulated version), there were hoping fans would embrace that version as the definitive. And I bet they were hoping they could push that JvC SE (the articulated version) as the definitive too. Hard to say since comic and toy are pretty separate now.

So for a figure based on the original, he looks pretty good. Can't expect much more from the old ARAH Duke, right? It this reasoning that I worry about Roadblock. Will he be as boring as his v1?

Southzen
01-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I will be out of character being a dukie hater here: this is the first Duke I have ever desired to have and own (never ever owned a Duke or planned to...even S6).

rds13601
01-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought it looked cool. The detailing is superb. For a 38 year old collector like myself, it beats all the other versions. Uh,who was the guy flipping me off with the Cobra sigils? Cobra Commander maybe?

ender098
01-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I have to admit, it's probably one of the best versions.

BUT.... Why is Duke the most popular and most recognizable? Because everytime HAsbro makes a picture with a bunch of joes, who's out front? He's popular bacause they made him that way! :P LOL!

ToneGunsRevisited
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Southzen]I will be out of character being a dukie hater here: this is the first Duke I have ever desired to have and own (never ever owned a Duke or planned to...even S6).[/QUOTE]
Same here. Most of my Joe friends know that I really HATE Duke. But this one I want to put hands on.

Sonneilon
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
lol. That was Fred who was asking (me) not to hotlink to his stuff. ;)

silentdusty
01-23-2007, 02:52 PM
I kinda like it, though I must agree he does look a little scrawny. I like the Storm Shadow that was posted there too.

Ranger_22
01-23-2007, 03:22 PM
First off, That Duke is cool and I'm gettin him!

Second, Hasbro gave that fig Star Wars points of articulation! An even more poseable joe!

Stormer
01-23-2007, 04:07 PM
He does look a little gangly... he's pretty slim, and the rolled up sleeves help make him look tall too. And in a turn of irony, 25 years later, the head could maybe be very, very slightly bigger...? I like the additional articulation, so long as the ankles don't swivel (Depth Charge) -- you can't quite tell from Duke but it looks a possibility, rather than the JvC Snake Eyes (which I would MUCH prefer for these figures)! I'm a little worried about the waist, though, as from this pic it looks like they'll be swivel-only if they're articulated at all...

Hasbro did say they're doing the "definitive" versions of the characters or something like that, so unfortunately it doesn't look like we're going to get anything cool that might have been added post-'86. Shame, as I'd love to see a DDP-style Scarlett in this line... I bet they do Snake Eyes v2, though, instead of having everyone in a v1 outfit. Unless there's 2 Snake Eyes in the 25...! I really, really hope they make it to mass-retail. Imagine them on the end display of an aisle at Target -- they'll probably catch more casual shoppers' eyes, there'll be people who see the 25th thing and think "25 years? Really?" then look closer and say "Hey, I remember these guys! They look great, a lot more detailed than the ones I had as a kid!" and probably end up leading to a LOT more sales than if collectors out looking for them are the only people who really get to see them... Hell, the DTC packaging probably would have helped a little in that respect, but they didn't have the iconic character designs...

snipesfg17
01-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Not as thrilling as stormy, but better than the version I use (tiger force v1). I will buy this.

Self-Modifier
01-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes! That is, as the old saying goes, what I'm talkin' 'bout! Sure, he's a little skinny, and I wish they'd re-tooled the comic pack head (which looks exactly like the cartoon) and put it on this body, but just the same-- This is likely to be the greatest representation of my favorite Joe ever produced.

I'm even more on board with this concept than I was yesterday when I saw Storm Shadow.

miragearmor
01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Will these be compatible with 3 3/4th figures in dios? I'd like to know.
And will they make Flash and Grand Slam too? :confused:

Outrider
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]I should have figured Hasbro had to have Duke out front! BLAH!!! He's like Jeff Gordon, Oscar De Lahoya, and Dannick Patrick, Poster kids!![/QUOTE]

Jeff Gordon!...I can handle critcism of mere mortals, But not Super G. Next thing you'll be dissing Jimmie Johnson! :eek:
And as for Duke.....well, I'm still not convinced. The detail in the sculpting looks awesome, but he does look a little gangly. And the articulation is worrying too. Certainly an improvement over that ninja though! :D

Ranger_22
01-24-2007, 02:52 AM
No the articulation is really good! Its all SW joints! He's just like my Obi-wan fig who is the most articulated jedi! At the rebelscum photo archieves on the figs they show the poins of articulation. Just like on duke.

G.I.*Jock
01-24-2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/gijoe//ScarlettLarge.jpg

The more of these new figs I see, the less I'm liking them. :(

Dave

Uncle Flint
01-24-2007, 01:27 PM
The construction looks like sigma six characters. No way they are compatible with what I've already got. I don't know why people are saying they are so detailed. They say the same thing about new sculpt stuff. The ARAH stuff form about 1986 forward is way more detailed than these figures or the new sculpt stuff except for maybe the heads.

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Because the nu skulpt stuff usually had sharper edges to the sculpts as opposed to soft edges. And to protect the old stuff, of course the 86+ figures have more 'stuff' on them. These were the original designs from the early/mid 80s and mass gear on them wasn't an issue. Look at 1982. How can you even pick on them when it's meant to be simplistic?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/25thScarlet.jpg
-image from Hasbro.com-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/scarlett.jpg
-image from yojoe.com-

THis Scar works for me. I don't have a Scarlet figure i'm happy with now. Same with Duke.

The construction would be more accurate to say Microman articulation even tho MM still has more. I'll be getting these regardless.

Uncle Flint
01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I agree that the 1982 Scarlett is neither realistic looking or very detailed. And yes all the ARAH figures before 1985 or so weren't very detailed. It really is next to impossible to use those figures from the first few years in dios with older figures. But this new Scarlett isn't very detailed or realistic either. The comic pack Cover Girl is a much cooler figure. It is the perfect example of a new sculpt based on the original figure done right.

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 02:34 PM
But you're missing the point. Cover Girl was based on the comic renditon from DD because those are comic pack characters. Plus, DD updated her look. 25th Scarlet is based on a 1982 design so it's not like anything would be added or taken away. It'd be more accurate to say that this is how the current sculptors would do the 82-85 designs.

At least they gave her long hair.

And try comparing DTC SawViper and Rollbar to ARAH Falcon or SKy Patrol Airborne and tell me the sculpting isn't tighter on the newer stuff in some cases.

ToneGunsRevisited
01-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I can like this Scarlett. But she is not what I was expecting. Talkin' with Nem on MSN I told him that this wasn't the sculpt I was expecting, but have to admit that the colors are very good. I just worried about the joints, look at the waist join with the legs. It is ball jointed, my issue here is that it can became loose, what would trough away posing possibilities, since I'm a toy photo taker.

rds13601
01-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Interesting, I don't see much of a difference between this one and the comic book version. I would like to have seen her in her 1982-83 dark colors instead of the purplish gray. I'm thinking it over bout getting this one.

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 03:01 PM
It's all about the go-go boots, man. :D

Stormer
01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
It's interesting that this figure definitely seems to owe more to how she was portrayed in the comics than the original figure (lighter blue, long hair). I do like the design/style of this figure, even though she seems to be continuing the trend of looking a little too skinny/gangly.

TG: I don't think the hip joints are balls, not like Sgt. Savage. These look more like Marvel Legends-style joints, which are basically the same as original, RAH figures' shoulders.

What bothers me is something I couldn't tell from the other figures, suspected with Duke but it seems confirmed with Scarlett: no waist articulation. Not even swivel. I can't believe they made such a fuss over the added articulation but they've apparently REMOVED a significant point. Sure the mid-torso joint will perform a similar function but it's going to affect the poseability, particularly for the ninjas.

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 03:20 PM
From what I'm gathering elsewhere, the waist doesn't actually have articulation. People cite that it is 'more realistic to swivel just beneath the torso'. Shoot, I'll just cut n paste what Jmacq wrote on the JBL.

You may want to double check there, buddy, cause it sure ain't your waist that's moving much. Unless you're some kind of freak of nature. (No offense if you in fact are quadruple jointed or somesuch)

Of course the only way to truly replicate "natural" torso swivel would be Luke's ingenious "gumby Joe" idea, but seriously, the pivot point for your torso is closer to mid-torso than at the waist.

You can make your shoulders face about 90 degrees to either side, but you normally can't make your bellybutton do it.

So here's what I was worried about. I guessed earlier on that Hasbro would most likely be taking the old designs and giving them a modern-day sculpting. Such seems to be the case so far. What I questioned was (and Dave and TG and Shane and well, the MSN guys already know), how do we know that the designs aren't outdated? Scar is still wearing her bathing suit w/ tights underneath, y'know?

If we wanted an updated version (like the 2002+), then Hasbro would have to create a new 'theme' or whatever. They've tried 2 versions of Scar since 2002 and now they are doing a Greatest Hits for the 25th. I don't know what you guys really expect or expected.

Stormer
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I think nostalgia is the motivation here, so they'd RATHER go with the "classic" look -- I like how they've made things like the grenade and calf-pouches more distinct. Personally I would have loved a figure, with this type of construction and sculpting detail, of how Scarlett looks in the DDP comics as that's a great update to her original design, but I feel this is more appropriate for something that's about the history of the line than establishing a new foothold on the market. If it manages both, then great, and they'll probably end up doing another new Scarlett for whatever theme they feel the need to go with (I'd prefer "G.I. Joe" personally...). Design-wise, I don't really know what else anyone would have been expecting either!

In terms of original design but making more of the details, these figures REALLY remind me of the He-Man relaunch. Although admittedly, barbarians with ray-guns aren't as likely to look dated...!

Dzirhan
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
My concerns boils down to this:

Limited posability - take a look at the way the boots and ankles are sculpted where they are angled and the fact no ankle articulation exists, and you might find her leg poses are limited, also the neck articulation is left to right only, that's one aspect of 82' that I would not miss at all.

Calves are oddly scultped

Not to say I won't get her but whether I'll use her for dios will depend, I suspect that some though may just try to swap the 25th head with the comic pack body for their needs.

rds13601
01-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Scarlett is quite a role model for girls and for women!! I think her character did more to change male thinking as to how women can be portrayed. They are no longer damsilles in distress. They are strong, tough, can fight with the boys and still retain their feminine quality. I'm not so concerned about articulation because these will be probably the last figures I get. They look good and are accurate . So I gotta say, I'm gettin all of them. As for dios, you guys are extremely talented!! I'm sure you can make them work for you!!

Dzirhan
01-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Just been told that there is ankle articulation so scratch one of my concerns, but the neck and calves still are problematic IMO

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe if they do 3.75" next year, we'll get something entirely different. At least we didn't get Sigma suits, right? And at least we didn't get AE suits either! I admit, I can't imagine an outfit for Scarlet unless I went real generic or real weird. Maybe the boys at Hasbro are out of ideas? lol. Seriously tho, if you're dealing w/ an anniversary of something, it would seem to me that you are honoring the roots.

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-24-2007, 04:14 PM
[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]I'd have to say this is a good figure overall. I can't complain too much on it because its a significant improvement and way big step up from V1.

The face/head to this Scarlett are totally spot on.. and I definately can see myself getting these so far. My overall view point so far would be that the way they have been released is the same as the order I see them in quality.
That said.. I would also like to point out that Scarletts top/upper torso is pointed or aimed in the direction of the camera.. whilst the other section is aimed slightly away.. and so is the other leg.. giving the impression she's skinnier than she actually is.. I dont think anyone should technically write the figure or figures off until they've actually sampled them.

The actual construction of the torso reminds me very much of the WWE Figure torso's used in 2000 for the Titan Tron Live figures.. they didnt have O-Ring construction and they too had two sectioned torso's.. they were incredibly good when it came to posing and stances.[/COLOR]. [/FONT] :cool:

Lava Boss
01-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I find the latest Star Wars figures revealed to be more exciting.

I'm undecided about the new style figures. And I probably won't know if I like/dislike them until I see them in person. I mean, we aren't seeing them actual size (are we?!).

I can see how people would not like these 25th anniversary figures based on what's been shown. I know, that goes against the black and white attitude that so much of fandom takes, for all the enforced civility at virtually every Joe message board (which had its ups ad downs), Joe fandom is pretty polarized.

silentdusty
01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I like the fact that this seems to be a somewhat better Scarlett, however, she just seems a bit on the skinny side, Duke seems to be the same way. That being said I don't think they need to be overbuff, which some action figures were for a time.

I think I'll wait and see the actual final product before making too may judgements.
These are, after all, more then likely prototypes.

Self-Modifier
01-24-2007, 06:21 PM
A lot of folks seem not to be caring much for this one, but I've gotta say... She's pretty much the best representation of Scarlett I've ever seen Hasbro produce. Sure she's kinda thin, but I'd prefer that over the short, pudgy look of v1 and Ninja Force. She's also not all super buff looking like JvC, and she's not green with a completely un-Scarlett-like head, like VvV.

I love the colors, and I absolutely adore the head sculpt. She looks like a cartoon character, which is one of my main criteria for action figure enjoyment. Based on the past three days, I don't think a single figure in this set will disappoint me. Nostalgia is the main factor in prompting me to buy anything, plus the Microman-ish articulation is great, and should've replaced the O-ring long ago.

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Actually, these are most likely the production models. ie; the molds were based on them. What happens between original sculpt and the end product can be pretty amazing. Luke reported that Spy Troops Lady Jaye (when he visited Hasbro HQ a few years ago) was amazing, but somehow, the mass production process goofed it all up. Which probably means, a LOT of figures ended up poorly.

Outrider
01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
I hope these figures are available individually, because there is no way I will waste money on rubbish like that. Wrong, Hasbro. Wrong,wrong, wrong. :mad:

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 02:56 AM
I'm getting all of these figs! Hasbros using SW style bodies!!!!

silencer
01-25-2007, 05:08 AM
My concern here (if you could call it that) is customizability! And maybe playabilty.
I've always loved how Joes have never been overly stiff, and can be made to jump and run and flip. I want the screw in the back and everything to come apart without having to boil it! :D

Whatever, I can't deny they look cool.

stormshadowisdeadly
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
dude are they gonna be on sale like regular joes?

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I can't post the pics until they are officially revealed by Hasbro (or TNI or whoever). Just know that the next 7 (to round out the 1st wave of 10) are:

Gung Ho
Roadblock
Snake Eyes

Baroness
Cobra Commander
Destro
Cobra Trooper.

Add those to Duke, Storm Shadow and Scarlet, we have our 1st 10. There are ways to view these if you look or ask hard enough. ;)

lehsreh
01-25-2007, 11:52 AM
[COLOR=Red]those are some of what i had expected to be in the 25. i never thought of a trooper, but im glad they did. i hope they do a shipwreck.[/COLOR]

ender098
01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
anybody got the link to the pics?

canada_gi
01-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I have the pics!!!

But first im gonna ask if you really want me to post them, I dont want to ruin the surprise for anybody

rds13601
01-25-2007, 12:33 PM
By all means, please post them. I can't wait to see the rest of them!! I gotta know what to look for when I buy them.

lehsreh
01-25-2007, 12:33 PM
[COLOR=Red]yes, post them plz. or at least post the link so anyone who wants to can see.[/COLOR]

canada_gi
01-25-2007, 12:56 PM
You can see the pics from my album here (http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/canada_gi/25th%20Anniversary/)

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Bah! Stupid Hasbro needs to post them on their site earlier in the day so I can look while I'm home for lunch. Instead, I have to wait all afternoon till I'm done with work.

Oh well-- Based on the three we've seen thus far, I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

I'm pleased to hear that so far, all ten are from the list I came up with of the 25 characters I'd most like to see re-done.

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Do not post them HERE. I don't want Hasbro coming after this place for leaked fotos, even if they are hosted by yourself. There are other ways to get them if you know the right way to ask or inquire.

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
It's been stated that yojoe has Gung Ho up for viewing. That means it's free game for show n tell. Discuss away.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/25thGungHo.jpg

lehsreh
01-25-2007, 01:04 PM
[COLOR=Red]gotta say, so far gung-ho is the best. he looks awesome. thats good as he is one of my fav characters. i only wish they would have went with the old blue, but i know its not a good color.[/COLOR]

Lava Boss
01-25-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm still not sold on the line. But Snake-Eyes and Cobra Commander seem quite nice. Destro and Baroness, a bit disappointing. They tend to overdo or underscore Destro. Here, he's overdone. Mega neck.

Lava Boss
01-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Not bad. He's been abflexing.

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
The Ferengi have NOTHING on my business tactics!!! I have 300 laws for my acquisitions!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/25thDestro.jpg

lehsreh
01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
[COLOR=Red]thanx man for the pics. they seem that they got better as they went along. at first i didnt think they would be so good, but now they look great. [/COLOR]

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:08 PM
At one time, I used sign language to communicate. Now I just keep my mouth shut and do my own thing. Cuz I gotta do it my way. It's my way! It's my way or the highway!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/25thSNakeEyes.jpg

Fisher
01-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Great looking bunch of figures, I really like the Marvel legends style of torso articulation, more realistic for posing purposes. Different form what we are used to, but they all look great to me. I will definitely be picking up all 25, especially this Gung Ho.

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Sir, they launched some sort of air attack thingy at us and the guy was busting rhymes on us the whole time!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/25thCobraTrooper.jpg

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Say hello to Anastasia Baroness DeCobray.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/25thBaroness.jpg

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Okay, I found 'em, but just as I have to leave to head back for work. Gotta say, I'm super-impressed. The only one that doesn't do a lot for me is Destro. I'll elaborate on all of them in their newly-established individual threads when I get home tonight.

But for now, I will say-- I'm very, very excited, and I definitely think this could very well lead to 3-3/4" Joes returning to prominence in our local toy aisles.

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I've opened up new posts for each figure. Maybe reserve this for the whole wave? *shrug*

Everyone make sure you thank Canada GI for helping us ALL out.

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:13 PM
The way the figure should have been made in 1983. A brilliant job by Hasbro on this one!!

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm in love!!

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:15 PM
I'll be honest. I thought the v1 design was pretty outdated and I didn't understand why the comic drawers kept on using it. I liked the v2 much better and the VvV W7 SE was awesome despite the soft sculpted edges (the vest hides it all). BUT those boys at Hasbro took that old design and made it look tight! I honestly can't believe it cuz now, I'm not so worried about the v2.

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:17 PM
This is an awesome figure!! Thanks Sonneillon for the pics!!

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Very cool. Love the Uzi. Love it!!

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I think I told TG or Shane but man... This is how the 2002 nu skulpt era should've launched. With this amount of tight sculpting and detailing and I love the hard edges that these figures have. Gung Ho is very cool but I wish his arms were a bit buffer. These are making anything since 2002 look pretty bad. All I can assume is that the sculptors were allowed to take the gloves off and kick booty.

We can assume these are the original painted versions but there is absolutely no reason why Hasbro couldn't use the same sort of paints to do the mass production figures. The Marvel Showdown/Legends use a pretty gritty paint, don't they?

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I love this figure. Hands down, this and Destro are the winners. I don't know why Hasbro didn't do THIS for the DTC run. Unless, everything since the relaunch was just practice or set-up for the 25th. Now if we could only figure out how these will be marketed.

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Not bad!! A little gangly in the legs;but not bad. I give Hasbro 6 out of 7!!

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks Canada GI for the pics. It is very much appreciated!! You made my week!! As Cobra Commander would say, "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH, How SSSWWEET!"

Fantom
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
She kind of looks like Thelma from ScoobyDo.

Fantom
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]I can like this Scarlett. But she is not what I was expecting. Talkin' with Nem on MSN I told him that this wasn't the sculpt I was expecting, but have to admit that the colors are very good. I just worried about the joints, look at the waist join with the legs. It is ball jointed, my issue here is that it can became loose, what would trough away posing possibilities, since I'm a toy photo taker.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about the joint issues. As I stated in a different post, when Hasbro took over the Marvel Legends line they greatly improved on the joints, making them more durable and even added more range of movement. These figs appear to be based on the Mavel Legends Showdown stuff so the joints should be nice, tight and durable.

lehsreh
01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
[COLOR=Red]i hope its close to the 5$ mark and not like the microman price.[/COLOR]

Fisher
01-25-2007, 02:39 PM
If I am not mistaken, judging by these pics, this trooper, along with SE, Duke, and Roadblock, it seems that their belts/harness are removable.

Lava Boss
01-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Not bad. Not great. Helmet seems off..or maybe off center. Removable?

Lava Boss
01-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Green Eyes?

Grenades on left glove are oversized, and awkward looking.
Interesting that they kept the walkie-talkie on his chest like V1.

If he's better than recent Destro, I'll be happy.

Renegade
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Slick looking Destro, but I think that I like the recent comic pack head better

silentdusty
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I like him, he looks really cool!

silentdusty
01-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice figure, definitely looking up for this series.

silencer
01-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I hope I can change the head, Scarletts too!

silentdusty
01-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok, this is just awesome, Gung Ho is my favorite Joe, and this sculpt really impresses me. Definitely a must have!

silentdusty
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Yup, definitely cool!

Lava Boss
01-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Looks cool, from this picture., anyway. I'm fine with this, as the last Snake Eyes used the strange visor (isn't strange when you think about it? How does he see? Through slits?). And SE was always cooler in commando mode than ninja mode.

Lava Boss
01-25-2007, 04:33 PM
I think the "posed" hair is trying to copy the vintage card art, which seems rather unnecessary.

Reused VvsV gun? Is that a good scale indicator? Odd they didn't try to redo her classic rifle.

silencer
01-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Cool!

:D

silencer
01-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Hell yeah!

Stormer
01-25-2007, 04:46 PM
The mask doesn't look like it'd leave much room for certain things, like his hair or his skull...

Apart from that I like the style a lot, picking out the little details from the original and being more bold with them.

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna get 400 a those guys!

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Its alright. Not bad not good. I only get him if I have the money and I see him.

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Its nice!

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 04:54 PM
The glasses look like clark kent!

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah! He's cool! All he needs is a heavy machine gun.

Stormer
01-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Definitely the best Commando Snake Eyes figure I've seen, although I'd have preferred the v2 design -- Hasbro said they were doing the definitive versions and v2 has to be more iconic. I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to put v2 in the 25 as well, and while I'd LOVE to see that design in this style, I hope he's not in it purely for the sake of the character we'd lose as a result.

Stormer
01-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Sonn, you're so right that they should've done this sooner. Oh, to be able to go back to 2002...

I hope the figures are packaged in troop builder-friendly packs.

Oh, what the remaining 15 might be...! Pleasepleaseplease let there be a Crimson Guard, and a Viper & BAT if they are going up to '86...!

Fisher
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Who do you guys think will be the final 15 Joes and Cobras revealed? We have 10 confirmed figures, and based on comic appearances, cartoon appearances, and general demand, these are the remaining figures I think will appear:

Duke Confirmed
Scarlett Confirmed
Snake Eyes Confirmed
Stalker
Gung Ho Confirmed
Hawk
Spirit
Flint
Lady Jaye
Shipwreck
Roadblock Confirmed
Cobra Commander Confirmed
Destro Confirmed
Baroness Confirmed
Storm Shadow Confirmed
Major Bludd
Zartan
Tomax
Xamot
Firefly
Mindbender
Crimson Guard
Viper
Cobra Officer
Cobra Trooper Confirmed

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Someone on the JBL gave a cool idea. Make the 25th figure a mailaway. That's right, bring back the Flagg points (or Thunderwing pts or ROCC points) and make us spend $3 to get the last figure. :D

Not to be negative or anything, but the 'smart' guys over on the JBL think that Hasbro might sit on the last 15 so see how these 1st 10 go over. Most of us think they'll play it very conservatively w/ how the 25th line goes.

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 05:31 PM
lol. Since these are based on the originals... Gung Ho originally came w/ a huge backpack and a grenade launcher.

snakeeater
01-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Nice!!! V2 may be more iconic, but I was hoping they'd do the V1 Snake Eyes as I always preferred Snake Eyes as a commando over ninja.

snakeeater
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Looks cool, but I already got a lot of troopers from the infantry 6 pack. May still pick up a few. I think an AK-47 would have been a better weapon than a sniper rifle for a trooper, even if that is what the original came with.

lehsreh
01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
[COLOR=Red]mmm, there should be a hawk, no doubt in my mind that there will be flint and lady jaye. as i said i really, really hope there is a shipwreck. major bludd and zartan are very, very likely to be there. i think there will be a stalker and maybe, just maybe spirit, but i really wish it would be someone else, like maybe quick kick and dusty or boozka. i'm not so sure about tomax and xamot. they were really liked, by me and my friends anyway. and were a big part of the cartoons, but were not really in many comics. hopefully firefly will be. not so sure about mind binder since he wasn't until the second season of G.I. Joe the cartoons and it looks like their going with the ones from the first season. i'm sure everyone hopes theres a crimson guard and a viper. i dont want a cobra officer since we have a trooper. honestly i wouldnt mind the old dreadnoks or sgt slaughter. even a serpentor would be great since we've only had one version of him, but the latter few are very very unlikely.
[/COLOR]

ZARTAN76
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Send me your email address, and I will send you photos of them all.

youdontknowjack69@hotmail.com

Tom

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I was thinking about this today. I noticed that the first ten we've seen are, for the most part, from 1982-1984. We've heard they'll all likely be from 82-86, so I'm guessing maybe the next ten will be mostly from 1985, and the final five will be from 1986.

If the second batch of ten is also five Joes and five Cobras, this is my prediction:

Joes: Flint, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck, Snake-Eyes v2, and one other (for some reason I'm thinking maybe Dusty)

Cobras: Firefly, Scrap-Iron, Zartan, Major Bludd (inexplicably left out of the first wave), and either: Cobra Officer, Crimson Guard, or Hooded Cobra Commander (unless, as I hope, the already-revealed CC will have swappable heads).

Then, for the final five, I'm thinking a mix of Joes and Cobras from 1986:

Hawk, Beachhead, Dr. Mindbender, Serpentor, and either a Viper or a B.A.T. Or Sgt. Slaughter, if Hasbro wants to pay the licensing fees.

Also, another option for a hooded Cobra Commander would be an exclusive of some sort. Personally, and I'm sure this won't be popular here, I'd love to see him as a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, since I'm going to be there this summer!

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Not to be downist, but I could see why Zartan wouldn't be made. You make Zartan, you open up a can of worms. The fans will be crying for the rest of the posse to be made, y'know? The only away to avoid the crush of the other 10 figures is NOT to make Zartan. Which DOES suck. I hope he gets in there w/ Bludd and Scrap Iron. Any other Cobra (other than Viper and Cobra Officer), I could care less about.

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Looks amazing to me. I mean, amazing. I cannot say a single negative thing about this guy! If I didn't already have a bunch of them from the infantry and comic packs, I'd be tempted to stock up. But as it is, I'll probably just get one to enjoy. Definitely one if, as speculated, they come in five-packs.

I love being able to see his bare neck, too. Nice tribute to the cartoon.

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Looks fantastic, but I was really hoping for version 2. And honestly, I don't think Hasbro would skip him, so I'm guessing we'll see him among the 25 as well.

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes! Gung-Ho is back! I waited through three new-sculpt versions for Hasbro to get him right, and number four is the charm! I wish his outfit was blue, but that's a minor quibble considering the sheer awesome-itude of this guy.

I hope his hat is removable.

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 06:23 PM
I think I've mentioned that the Baroness is only inches behind Slice as my favorite Cobra character. Well, I just died and went to heaven. And there's a hot chick wearing leather and glasses there. I actually like the hair; it'll look fine if she's posed for action.

I should really become a Hasbro spokesperson or something... I know I sound like I work for their PR department, but I'm just THAT impressed!

Self-Modifier
01-25-2007, 06:28 PM
He's cool, but looks too skinny. He does seem kind of tall, though. After all, he should be at least a head taller than Cobra Commander. I wish he just had green pupils rather than full-on green eyes, and his head overall just looks way too small to me. He's really the only one of the ten that I'm not extremely pleased with. Depending on his size, I wonder if I can swap in the comic pack head to replace that one. That would go a long way to making him perfect.

Well, that and some gray boots to make him look like his cartoon counterpart.

bluestalker88
01-25-2007, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=ZARTAN76]Send me your email address, and I will send you photos of them all.

youdontknowjack69@hotmail.com

Tom[/QUOTE]
do you work for hasbro or have some inside source?, if so that would be great to know what they other 15 figs are, hisstank.com has the first ten up on there site so, let us know and I may decide to e-mail you...

Nick

Outrider
01-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Now that's more like it! Might have to invest in a few of these guys.

Outrider
01-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Looks awesome, but what the heck is up with those scrawny arms?? :confused:

Outrider
01-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Oh no, Destro's been on a diet. If his legs were any thinner, they wouldn't hold him up! And what's with the green eyes? Perhaps Destro is revealed as an alien :eek: :rolleyes: Not even close, Hasbro.

Outrider
01-25-2007, 09:58 PM
As we say here in Australia, "nice legs, shame about the face!" PUG UGLY! I hope she is suing Mindbender for the botched plastic surgery... :D

Lava Boss
01-26-2007, 05:49 AM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier] Also, another option for a hooded Cobra Commander would be an exclusive of some sort. Personally, and I'm sure this won't be popular here, I'd love to see him as a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, since I'm going to be there this summer![/QUOTE]

I think that's a bad idea. One of the major player's classic looks? I mean, that would be like making 1985 Snake-Eyes a con exclusive. There's gobs of fans who'd buy one or more, limiting it is just foolish.

I detest the idea of convention exclusives anyway, especially ones that can only be acquired at said conventions. (did Mattel do that with MOTU's Keldor?)

Swindle
01-26-2007, 06:32 AM
The mask is too small and he has chicken legs. The grenades are too big. I don't know about Destro. Looks awkward.

I guess they all can't be winners.

rds13601
01-26-2007, 07:06 AM
I'd love to see Firefly, Dusty and Stalker. With those and whatever else Hasbro makes; I'll finally be able to die in peace!! :cool:

Gatilho
01-26-2007, 07:20 AM
[QUOTE=Swindle]The mask is too small and he has chicken legs.[/QUOTE]

I agree ... the head is too small, even so the figure is not bad! I love the classic look!

Gatilho

Gatilho
01-26-2007, 07:27 AM
This version of Baroness is far the best, that's for sure, the "clothes" are perfect but her face is a bit too strange.

Gatilho

Gatilho
01-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Great! In my opinion, this is the coolest 25th figure up til now!

Gatilho

Gatilho
01-26-2007, 07:46 AM
This is THE Snake Eyes, very cool!

Gatilho

Sonneilon
01-26-2007, 07:52 AM
I love this figure. I love the green eyes. I don't mind the legs. This is the perfect Destro and it's about time.

Sonneilon
01-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I can deal with it. I think she's pretty good and better than the other offerings we've had.

Sonneilon
01-26-2007, 07:57 AM
I feel the same way, Outrider. His arms are a bit on the thin side. The way the comic and cartoon played him off, he was one of the buff boys. Maybe not as big as Roadblock, but he was close in my verse.

Sonneilon
01-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Jmacq of the JBL says this!

Destro's legs still look a little too long and skinny to me. But I can deal with the "not helmet-sized" head, because let's be honest...Destro is pretty much always drawn/animated as though the mask were skin-tight anyhow! (Heck, the lips move and facial expressions can change on it, too so....). Outside of his first few appearances in the comics, the mask basically acts like a real face anyhow, in other words.

lehsreh
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
[COLOR=Red]i agree, so far its the best looking figure by far.[/COLOR]

lehsreh
01-26-2007, 08:34 AM
[COLOR=Red]it is a good snake eyes. like a lot of others i would have went for the 2nd version because its the more known of all snake eyes. but i hope they dont do a 2nd version of him in the 25. it would suck big time if instead of quick kick or dusty or some other they did another snake eyes. if they do then they mind as well do another commander. if so why not just do 25 versions of snake eyes, storm shadows and commanders.[/COLOR]

lehsreh
01-26-2007, 08:40 AM
[COLOR=Red]the baroness has always been one of the hottest girls anywhere, even if she is a character, my g/f makes fun of me for saying stuff like that. that said i love the body mold. i think its great. the only thing i dont like are the glasses, they look like they are drawn on or something, are they actually bent around her head?[/COLOR]

Sonneilon
01-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I worry too, now, that Hasbro might pull a double character thang. Cuz if the v2 SE were made, we could surely see a hooded CC too. That's a waste of 2 spots, imo.

Self-Modifier
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]I think that's a bad idea. One of the major player's classic looks? I mean, that would be like making 1985 Snake-Eyes a con exclusive. There's gobs of fans who'd buy one or more, limiting it is just foolish.

I detest the idea of convention exclusives anyway, especially ones that can only be acquired at said conventions. (did Mattel do that with MOTU's Keldor?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said, I wasn't expecting it to be a popular idea, since most people probably aren't going to Comic-Con. I would like to see Hasbro do some sort of 25th exclusive for the Con though... Even if it's just a repaint. Tiger Force Duke, maybe.

And yes, Keldor was a Comic-Cone exclusive. The following year, it was She-Ra. I have 'em both! :D

Self-Modifier
01-26-2007, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh][COLOR=Red]the baroness has always been one of the hottest girls anywhere, even if she is a character, my g/f makes fun of me for saying stuff like that. that said i love the body mold. i think its great. the only thing i dont like are the glasses, they look like they are drawn on or something, are they actually bent around her head?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

First off, I feel exactly the same way about the character!

As for the glasses-- Well, it is a prototype. Maybe she'll have little removable glasses (hopefully better than the comic pack's goggles), but they aren't ready yet. Regardless, I do think this is the best Baroness head ever sculpted.

Swindle
01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Baroness is a case were her face looks off, same way Cover Girl from the Devils Due pack looked off. Not terrible, but just a little odd. That said, it's a serviceable figure. Not my favorite. Not my least favorite.

Stormer
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
If the heads are the ball-joint ones we've seen on DTC figures like Barrage, Cover Girl and Mutt, it would be SO easy for Hasbro to package CC with 2 heads (mask and hood) because those things pop off no trouble... The toys of CC may have been different shades but in the cartoon the hood was just a bit darker...

Less easy for Snakes, unfortunately, since the rest of his outfit isn't the same with just a mask change.

rds13601
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe noe the blueshirt 6-pack will come down in price from the $80.00 insanity that I've seen some stores charge. Got mine for 40.00 bucks and still feel I overpaid. Whatever the cost of the 25th trooper, Hasbro should make lots of them. They'll be popular..

rds13601
01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Would take 25th Cobra trooper's Drugonov and would give it to her. I don't like that HK. Anyway, any woman that dresses in black skin tight leather ,has glasses, and has the Cobra sigil ; has got to be okay in my book!!

rds13601
01-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Put him with a M-203. That should make him look exactly like the likeness from the Cobra civil war when he was on the recon team with Falcon.

rds13601
01-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Give him a black Mauser pistol, with detachable silencer and I could see the light. Better call Marauder.

Uncle Flint
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I was pretty disappointed after the Scarlett figure. It didn't impress me, but the rest of this stuff is amazing.

Mobius_1
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM
is it just me, or are they using the Barrage style head? :confused: :confused:

Besides, i betcha Snake eyes is a happy camper! ;)

GoCards
01-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, this guy looks badazz. I won't be greedy, I'll only get 10 or so. If they're marketed to TRU I'm in luck because my brother works at one!

GoCards
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Alright, going back to when he was simply a commando, just like when I was a kid. This will be my default Snake Eyes.

GoCards
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Duke's a hometown boy, so I can't wait to get this one.

ToneGunsRevisited
01-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I owned the VvsV wave 7 one and that is my definitive update of the v2. The v1 had a great update with the comic book with new sculpt head. And I'm really happy that they choosed the v1 to upgrade, 'cuz we just had a great update of the v2.

snakeeater
01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
If these are being released in the rumored 5 packs, I can kind of see Hasbro putting V2 Snake Eyes in a different pack to boost sales. Thing about it is, would a fan who only wanted Snake Eyes pay for all 5 figures? I think most fans would prefer 25 different characters. Anyway, as I said before, I prefer SE V1, it's the outfit he wore in all my favorite appearances, cartoon and comic, and this update is really cool.

Sonneilon
01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
You know what would be really funny. If we got a clear, red plastic SE that catered to "radioactive" SE from the cartoon! Ok, ok, I'll shut up now. :D

lehsreh
01-27-2007, 04:57 AM
[COLOR=Red]this isnt anything big, im just wondering what your thoughts are on the future of joes. this has been talked about a lil in other threads, but with the talk thats going on do you think that next year we'll see the return of 3 3/4 joes to stores like wal-mart and tru?[/COLOR]

yorktownjoe
01-27-2007, 05:22 AM
I was working hard at work this week and now it's the weekend and I've missed all the news about new figures!? Serves me right for not checking this out sooner. Instead of asking questions that are probably already answered elsewhere, I'll just keep reading.

It will be great to see some of these new figures alongside anything from 1982-2006, just to see how they scaled them. I still plan to pick them up, but it would be fantastic if they are close enough to pose (or wedge into) vehicles we already own....

This trooper and his Dragunov sniper rifle look ready to ruin someone's day.

Slow_Burn
01-27-2007, 07:11 AM
I like it, but the head and face just seem...weird. It wouldn't be the first of the series I'd get, but I'd definitely get it.

Slow_Burn
01-27-2007, 07:15 AM
The chicken legs kind of throw the figure off, but I like it. The MARS briefcase is a nice touch too.

Slow_Burn
01-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Normally, when I see a new version of Snake, i just kind of shrug and move on, because there's about a million of them.

This one is different. It literally made my jaw drop. This one, the Commander and the Cobra trooper are probably my top 3.

snakeeater
01-27-2007, 07:21 AM
I think we will see the 25th figures in retail (I think too much money's gone into them to not have mass distribution), and depending on how they sell, we will either get more than 25 figures, or it will be the end of 3 3/4 figures for a while.

Slow_Burn
01-27-2007, 07:22 AM
I like it. Here's to hoping we get a Viper of the same quality. :)

Self-Modifier
01-27-2007, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]You know what would be really funny. If we got a clear, red plastic SE that catered to "radioactive" SE from the cartoon! Ok, ok, I'll shut up now. :D[/QUOTE]

Another possibility for a Comic-Con exclusive! Good thinking, Sonn!

Sonneilon
01-27-2007, 09:51 AM
That's the general consensus. There's a lot of IFs, which is unfortunate.

IF it goes to mass retail, we can ASSume the MSRP will go down.

IF it doesn't go mass retail, we can ASSume $10 single packs. Maybe $8 due to the lack of licensing (unlike what Hasbro pays George Lucas for the SW name).

IF it goes mass retail but no advertising, will it fail?

IF it goes online only, it's destined to fail, especially w/o marketing.

In the end, if the line gets to mass retail, has a bit of marketing, and it sells well, this could be the rebrth of teh line. If not, Hasbro will have to figure out another way to get interest from the masses in 3.75".

rds13601
01-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't mean to be pessimistic; but this could be the end of the line for awhile. I think Hasbro is giving it one last chance. Going down with all guns blazing. I hope I'm wrong!!

Sonneilon
01-27-2007, 10:41 AM
That's not pessimistic. That's reality, dawg. There's a fine line, imo. Like I said, there are way too many IFs at this point. If we find out that these go to mass retail, it'll automatically do BETTER than the online sales. However, we still don't know how these'll be packed. :(

Outrider
01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately I think it's the last hurrah, whether it sells well or not (and from the first ten figs, I have my doubts). Wave four has been delayed so long I don't think we will ever see it go into production, and we've most likely seen our last 3 3/4" vehicle already. :(

yorktownjoe
01-27-2007, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]You know what would be really funny. If we got a clear, red plastic SE that catered to "radioactive" SE from the cartoon! Ok, ok, I'll shut up now. :D[/QUOTE]

...And instead of Billy or Dr. Venom, or Kwinn in shorts, we would prefer that mysterious old, blind dude who pulled SE out of the snow in the aforementioned cartoon... I know there is clamoring in the community for THAT guy. ;)

I'm with you. Just pick one SE for this release.

Lastly, They could do a mail-away for the hooded CC, if they really wanted to go back to the olden days... But one edition per character is the key to success, imo.

miragearmor
01-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Well if it's the last hurrah for the line, then so let it be. :rolleyes:

The sign of the times for us collectors are changing.... and the era for Joes isn't what it used to be.

Might as well wait and see how things go down the line. Here's hoping. :)

Sonneilon
01-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Justin told me the other week not to hold out for Wave4. Consider wave4 canceled.

Sonneilon
01-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Totally, YorkTown.

The way I feel, if they want to do our chars in new and funky outfits, the themes are perfect. But at the same time, if they want to do variants, allow 'em to come a wave or 3 further away than the original release. So let's say the 25th does well. hasbro continues on with another 25 or whatever. I could handle seeing v2 SE or whatever in the 50-75 figure range. MAYBE the latter 25-50 if he's at the butt end of it.

silentdusty
01-27-2007, 02:58 PM
I would like to see the 3.75 line continue, but I think it is going to go the way of the 12 inch line, as a collector's line. I think with the new Sigma 6 line, this is going to be the current and forseeable future of the Joe line. Too bad, but probably realistic.

Outrider
01-27-2007, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Justin told me the other week not to hold out for Wave4. Consider wave4 canceled.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I'm not surprised in the least, I've had my suspicions for a while now. There's no reason for wave 4 to have been delayed for this long. If it was coming out, it would be here by now. :rolleyes:

Lava Boss
01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I think you'll have some "new" sculpt fans starting to feel like RAH purists, expecially if Wave 4 never comes to pass. Munitia might join Knock-Out in cancelled Cobras Hall of Shame...yeah, you're thinking "who's Knock Out?". One of the unreleased Ninja Commandos from 1994/1995.

There's buzz outside the Joe boards over these 25th figures, so I imagine these will reel some people in and back into Joe collecting. The only major thing than can ruin this line is if they charge too much for the figures. I've seen a few post by some gushers claiming they'd happily pay $10 each for these. That's not gonna fly with many people, especially non-Joe collectors (who can get figures three time the size of Joes for $10 or less) Star Wars' VOTC is a yearly release, lots of it went on clearance last year (it's still hanging around a few stores) and Star Wars is much more well known. Hype like that might give lurking corporate types the wrong impression about Joe fans.

Anyway, hopefully the comic packs will return...though with what style figure, I wouldn't care to guess. Hasbro loves to milk older Star Wars molds for all they can, even if there's a better version of a character available. New sculpt and RAH may not be "dead". (really tired of people saying that.)

The other things I worry about is Wal-Mart's corporate bullying (by refusing to buy what Hasbro makes) and Hasbro pretty much making so many toy lines that they might be concerned about competing against themselves or something.

Sonneilon
01-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Yup. Hear ya on the Walmart thing. If this thing goes to poo, it's gonna be WalMart. Nice to know there's buzz outside the Joe world. I know on the JBL, a whole lotta guys who used to be regulars are popping back in again. There's been a HUGE influx of noobs too.

Ranger_22
01-28-2007, 03:00 AM
You could still get the 3"3/4 online at hasbro shop probably but I think the stores will only sell S6 and 25 stuff. And if you look far back enough you might find a few old figs.

neapolitan joe
01-28-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm very Happy, but what is that bag (Green goblin-type)?
I preferred Snake eyes with the strange Medieval visor!!!

YOJOE!!!

neapolitan joe
01-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Bros., don't You understand?
This is a big opportunity, a brand new start.
We must hope (and buy!!!)...

Paragon
01-28-2007, 07:31 AM
But here is the question... if the 25th anniversary figures do really really well, and Hasbro decides to put 3.75" Joes back out again, will they all be this new 25th anniv. style, or will they go back to the cheaper new sculpt (2002) style?

I know a lot of people are bashing these new 25th anniv. figure sculpts. I personally like them, and think it is a great direction to be going in. Things change and you can't expect the toys from 1982 to do well at retail right now, sure I'd buy them, but I am in my mid 30's, I have three son's right now, and I can tell you for a fact, it my two oldest sons had a choice to buy 3.75" or Sigma-6 Joes, they'd buy the Sigma-6 Joes, things are just different and the kids now are used to a different type of toy.

I have been in Walmart a couple times the last few weeks and have seen young boys with their Mom's or Dad's asking for Sigma-6 stuff. One kid was looking at Snake Eyes and saying something like "Wow, look at the cool Dog he has! I want it!" I honestly think (from my experience as being a parent of kids who are into toys right now), that if the 25th Anniv. figures were on the shelf next to Sigma-6, they would buy Sigma-6... UNLESS either the packages are kick @$$ and draw their attention, OR the price point is worked in such a way that the kid would want them over Sigma-6 (which means the kids would have to be 9+ years old or so to be able to do the math in their head), but if the price point is $10 for a 3.75" figure and only a couple of dollars more for a big Sigma-6 guy, then I can't see a kid wanting the 3.75" figure...

As for the 2.5" line, my oldest son like the vehicles, but hates the little 2.5" guys, in fact, the only sets he has wanted were the sets with vehicles, because the non-articulated figures just don't cut it for the kids. My Wal-Mart has all their 2.5" stuff on the clearance Isle, while they are constantly restocking the 8" line.

What price point would make kids want the 25th anniv. Joes? I'd say less than $7 per figure, or priced in such a way that they could get 2 figures for the same price as 1 Sigma-6 figure. Also parents would be more likely to buy them if the price point was setup that way to.

In either case, the person that was thinking about Wal-Mart earlier (can't remember who wrote that message now - sorry) was correct, Wal-Mart would once again be competing against itself and I think that both the 25th Anniv. line and the Sigma-6 line would suffer there if that was the case.

I personally can not wait for the 25th Anniv. Joes to come out, I will certainly buy a full set for myself, and if they are single carded I'll buy probably a few of the Cobra Soldiers... if they are multi-packs or 5-packs, I won't be buying multiples to get the Soldiers... but I will be buying 1 full set either way... As for kids, my personal experience says that they won't be into them as much as they are the Sigma-6 stuff (the cartoon helps with that too).

--== Paragon ==--

Sonneilon
01-28-2007, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Ranger_22]You could still get the 3"3/4 online at hasbro shop probably but I think the stores will only sell S6 and 25 stuff. And if you look far back enough you might find a few old figs.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the 3.75" was put on 'hiatus' from the B&M on purpose. That info came to light just as VvV was wrapping up. VvV was also extended 6 months to get that last wave out (which was, W7 or W1 of Robot Rebellion). It wasn't necessarily all Hasbro's doing. George Lucas and Walmart had pull to get 3.75" off the shelves.

Sonneilon
01-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Take a look. His v1 came w/ an explosives satchel. Hasbro is literally going back to 1982 and giving them modern sculpting techniques. Well, give or take a few lil things but they are trying to honor the old stuff.

And yes, I merged the threads cuz I wanted to keep all discussion in 1 spot.

Snake Eyes and his hand bag (http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/snakeeyes.shtml)

rds13601
01-28-2007, 10:16 AM
For my other version 1 Snake Eyes, I'll choose one to customize based on the cells that I've seen from season 1 of the cartoon. I'll use flesh tone paint on his hands and will try to get that darkish blue going with more highlights on his visor. Anyway,this one is the best version 1 so far

Paragon
01-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Those bastages. :)

rds13601
01-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see Hasbro put out some 25th anniversary vehicles with a new touch. Any rumors?

Sonneilon
01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
None at all, man.

Yes, the vehicles are every bit a part of GI Joe mythos but I think Hasbro wants to push the characters as hard as they can. Like people have been saying, these 1st 10 figures need to be bough and cleared from the shelves to get Hasbro to think twice about things. We can ASSume that if these 1st 10 are sold out, then the next 15 will be easy and the inclusion of vehicles is a possibility down the road.

Thing is, I like the idea of themes. It helps the Joes evolve in terms of characterization and whatnot. Unfortunately, the lack of focus on the themes led to redundant chars and outfits that made no sense. At least w/ VvV, you had venomized troops and Link the problem-solver. But at the same time, that could have been a small scale mission and another mission could've been made up and have had chars specifically for that.

SHoot, what if they did Viper Lockdown? What if they ran with that idea and created a wave or 2 of Joes to support it? Give them similar camo/outfits and away we go. Then another mission/story after that and again, different joes w/ decent outfits. Uhmmmm, anyway, the vehicles could go w/ missions too. What's the point of creating dune buggys for a snow story? lol

Ok ok, i'll shut up.

Southzen
01-28-2007, 04:47 PM
What he said... it all depends on the velocity of sales for the last 15 if the scale line will continue and vehicles show up.

Southzen
01-28-2007, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Actually, the 3.75" was put on 'hiatus' from the B&M on purpose. That info came to light just as VvV was wrapping up. VvV was also extended 6 months to get that last wave out (which was, W7 or W1 of Robot Rebellion). It wasn't necessarily all Hasbro's doing. George Lucas and Walmart had pull to get 3.75" off the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I never thought about Lucas pulling strings to help his "marketing genius". Conspiracy theory of fact *eyes dart back and forth*

Sonneilon
01-28-2007, 05:15 PM
If I remember the dates right, I think it happened w/ the 3rd movie. He wanted NO competition so he set up a situation w/ Hasbro to get that 'other' 3.75" action figure off the shelves so only his would be available. To an extent, 3.75" went away for Sigma6 but the small line had it coming. You can also blame that on the big wigs there. It would seem that each theme/year, there was someone knew at the head. Deryl DePriest, Dwight Stall, Billy Lagor... Someone wanted GI Joe to be an overnite seller and that was part of the reason for S6.

It wasn't until recently that someone figured out that slow and steady sales can work too. Instant success stories are rare and S6, while popular, may have not taken off like they had hoped or assumed or thought or whatever.

Sonneilon
01-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Here's the goofy thing tho. We talk about how Hasbro will continue 3.75". But in what fashion? More redux of characters? Extend the years so the choices are thru 1989? It's gotta be quick cuz I think the steam will run out.

Lava Boss
01-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Off topic, but....Depriest manages (or mismanages) Star Wars now (not sure if he has had any hand in GI JOE in recent years). I say mismanages sort of jokingly, as good and bad ideas used for GIJOE appear in the Star Wars line.

Good: comic packs. (Including EU character ones with all new figures), return of some large vehicles (as store exclusives), acknowledging clone army building fans with things like Betrayal on Felucia and Hunt for Greivous.

Bad: Order 66 two packs with reissued figures paired with exclusive repaints. (which he acted like these were some treat in the press release about them :rolleyes: ), large vehicles with exclusive figures, exploiting army builder and clone trooper fans with things...like Order 66 2-packs.

Paragon
01-29-2007, 04:37 AM
I always hated those gimmicks, putting an exclusive figure in with an expensive vehicle, or repacking them with figures that have already come out and most likely already own... The comic packs were certainly a nifty idea though (for Star Wars) ad gave us some nice figures we would have otherwise never seen. :)

--== Paragon ==--

Sonneilon
01-29-2007, 10:27 AM
I had forgotten that DePriest went over to SW. Rumor has it, he's a lot of the reason why some of those figures got new/more articulation.

BADBLUDD
01-31-2007, 04:30 AM
While you guys are out collecting the 10+ Cobra Vipers, remember, some of us only need one, so if there is one left on the rack, be NICE and leave it for some of us poorer shmucks that are slow to get to the store when they come out.

Sonneilon
01-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Well, they have to be single carded for any of us to buy mass quantities. ;)

ToneGunsRevisited
01-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I'll be very happy putting hands on one of each that is being released. But have to agree that a large army of those guys would be awsome. He bring me memories from my childhood mornings watching the cartoons.

General Scarlett
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
All things aside, Scarlett has been updated to fit into the '25th Anniversary' look. Is she the BEST Scarlett ever?? No, but then again, nothing ever stays the same. I am THE biggest fan of the ORIGINAL Scarlett, but I could get used to this one. Of course, that said, I will probably continue to use my original Scarlett. But I'll still buy this one......

silencer
01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
These joes look like they'll be great for stop-motion animation! :D

stormshadowisdeadly
02-01-2007, 07:55 AM
i hope these things are marketed in va

rnrhero
02-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Do we have an ETA yet? I am so in love with some of these. I have already started putting money aside for army building that Cobra Trooper.

Acantilado
02-03-2007, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I love this figure. Hands down, this and Destro are the winners. I don't know why Hasbro didn't do THIS for the DTC run. Unless, everything since the relaunch was just practice or set-up for the 25th. Now if we could only figure out how these will be marketed.[/QUOTE]

[font=Tahoma] Being pessimistic, I think they may haven't done so because there WON'T be more Joes like these, so they can afford to make them so detalied[/font] :(

General Scarlett
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM
I have to admit that this is THE figure that to me is the best representation of the line. Great blending of the old figures, the comics & the cartoon. In the past I never really cared if I picked up 'bunches' of these guys, but with this one, I will definately try to pick up a bunch!!
And yes, I am hoping that they cast the Crimson Guards-and that they do as good a job!!!!!!

Sonneilon
02-09-2007, 09:16 AM
The other 95% of this place prefers the small scale Joes. BUT not so small as the odd, money-wasting 2.5" statues (which DO look good on your desk). There's been a lot of speculation on price point and how these things will be marketed. Hasbro has released information on it's media page. Enjoi.

Uhmmm, are the other 15 really going to be repaints??? (http://www.hasbro.com/media/default.cfm?page=release&release=506)

Acantilado
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
They are talking about the 10 new figures already released, and that new idea of releasing the original 15 characters in replica packaging, but they are not talking about the 10 figures supposedly left in the list of 20 of the Commemorative Set :(

yorktownjoe
02-09-2007, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]The other 95% of this place prefers the small scale Joes. BUT not so small as the odd, money-wasting 2.5" statues (which DO look good on your desk). There's been a lot of speculation on price point and how these things will be marketed. Hasbro has released information on it's media page. Enjoi.

Uhmmm, are the other 15 really going to be repaints??? (http://www.hasbro.com/media/default.cfm?page=release&release=506)[/QUOTE]

That seems more than fair. My perception is that most collectors will pick up a set each of the 5 packs and then buy out the cobra soldier army builders a few seconds after that.

Thanks for the update, G. I had to read it twice. I was worried it was $25 per fig when I read it too quickly. $25 for a set or $6 apiece. Now let's hope they produce enough so that we all can kindly share with our fellow collectors. Thanks big H for a reasonable price-point on a quality product.

On a side not regarding articulation.....my son has a Marvel Spiderman with "midchest" articulation. He is about 5 or 6 inches tall. But his waist also rotates. The waist articulation is not readily evident unless you are trying to turn the whole torso sideways. That is one fantastically articulated figure. If Hasbro has that scaled down to 3.75 for us, I think we will not be disappointed.

Sonneilon
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Ahem. The 1st 10 figures will be divided into 2 5-packs.

The last 15 will be sold in singles.

As TG noted while chatting, it's pretty retarded that the Cobra Trooper is in stuck in a 5-pack. The Cobra Officer (we assume it's being made) should be in there and the Trooper as a single. HOWEVER, IF Hasbro has the Cobra Viper ready to go, the Viper will most likely be bought up quicker than a Trooper.

Acantilado
02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
[font=Tahoma][size=2]BUT, that note says the 15 other figs are going to be a replica of the original 15 released in 82... Or at least thats why I understood.[/size][/font]

lehsreh
02-09-2007, 10:50 AM
[COLOR=Red]ive reread it more then a few times. i never once saw where it actually says that the 15 single and sets are for sure not going to be the same figures. someone point this out to me, because i kinda thought it was saying that you could buy the sets or buy them in single packs. that however cant be right either, then there wouldnt be 25 and who would the other 5 be? and when will be seeign the other 15?[/COLOR]

Stormer
02-09-2007, 11:48 AM
They say there are 25 figures, the 25 most popular characters. They name the figures we've already seen for the 5-packs, then they say the single packs are a series of 15 figures -- that makes 25 figures, so if the single packs included the figures we've already seen it would mean there's only 15 characters. So, basically, we're only going to see the characters we already know about in the 5-packs. Fingers crossed for some decent army builders in the 15 singles, with appropriate per-case ratios...

This also implies that we won't be getting a visored Snake Eyes...

Sonneilon
02-09-2007, 11:54 AM
G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO sets

(Approximate retail price of $25.00; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2007)

Sure to delight fans both new and old, 25th Anniversary Figures are all new sculpts and the most detailed and articulated G.I. JOE figures ever! Hasbro kick-offs the anniversary with the release two special-edition sets, each containing five classic G.I. JOE characters from the A REAL AMERICAN HERO line. Characters include G.I. JOE force’s fearless patriots DUKE, SNAKE EYES, GUNG HO, SCARLET and ROAD BLOCK, as well as their slithery adversaries COBRA COMMANDER, DESTRO, STORM SHADOW, BARONESS and a COBRA TROOPER. Each pack also comes with a sound box in the shape of the G.I. JOE logo that plays the beloved theme from the G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO animated series.

G.I. JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO single packs

(Approximate retail price of $6.00; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2007)

Each of the fifteen 3-3/4-inch figures – in replica G.I. JOE packaging circa 1982 – will feature new sculpts, enhanced articulation, and a base stand featuring the character’s name.

It was already relesed by Hasbro media that there will be 25 figures. The 1st 10 figures will be available in 2 5-packs. They will be released Summer.

We know that the other 15 will be released later. In this case, Fall. The remaining 15 will be singles.

Luke Ellison made a comment that what if the other 15 are repaints? Was it a joke? Was it sarcasm? Or is that something Hasbro would do just to make us MORE wary of their actions? We are all assuming that the OTHER 15 will be original characters. Hasbro already said that the 25 figures chosen range from 1982-1985. Another way to say this Anticaldo is "circa-'82". Unfortunately, that's cryptic way of putting it.

Let's cut the chase. Hasbro is gonna be putting on the market sellable characters and figures. Despite what the fans think, you can't actually expect characters like Grunt or Steeler to be made. Not when there are far more popular Joes that Hasbro would cater to. It should ALSO be noted that Hasbro will play favorites based on who is designing and sculpting them. There have been instances where designer bias has come into play. That tidbit is actually effecting the S6 line more than 3.75" as far as we know. (It's the explanation of why a new firefighter named Inferno is showing up as opposed to BBQ.)

All this comes down to is this. Don't expect the Cobra Trooper to be single carded and don't expect to try and build him easily. YOu can hope, but expecting will just be a let-down. Especially if a Viper is made.

LordRaven
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Plain English Translation

5 Joes in one big pack
5 Cobras in one big pack

The rest are all in singles.

Ta da, that simple.

G.I.*Jock
02-09-2007, 01:15 PM
I gotta be honest. I'm hating 99% of what I have seen so far. But I'll buy it anyway. I'm looking forward to the two 5 packs and especially the 15 single packs. I'm hoping for many Viper and BAT army building posibilities! And with 15 figures availible as single packs, I think the odds are pretty good that I will get my army builder wish!

Thanks for the info G! :cool:

Dave

yorktownjoe
02-09-2007, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=G.I.*Jock]I gotta be honest. I'm hating 99% of what I have seen so far. But I'll buy it anyway. I'm looking forward to the two 5 packs and especially the 15 single packs. I'm hoping for many Viper and BAT army building posibilities! And with 15 figures availible as single packs, I think the odds are pretty good that I will get my army builder wish!

Thanks for the info G! :cool:

Dave[/QUOTE]

And if they put out gray Eels (reminiscent of v.1) with advanced articulation, that too would be army built. (I usually just go with one or two figures and try to share the wealth with others. I must admit I had 3 CG's and 4 IG's back in the day. I thought that was out of control.)

This time around I will control my purchases to "small squad" building rather than "army" building.

Thanks for reiterating eveything. I read this far too hastily during lunch.

Uncle Flint
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I think we're likely to get more Joes than Cobra in the final 15 figures. Back in those years the Joe to Cobra ratio was at least 3 to 2. I think we'll maybe get a Zartan, Firefly, Viper, CG and maybe and Eel or Mindbender. I'm guessing the rest will be Joes.