PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the etiquette/law for using pics in dios you found instead of took?

Stormer
02-07-2007, 03:01 PM
So I'm (still, honest!) working on a comedy dio-story featuring the Dream Team I made for the Target Range around Christmas, and I've had an idea for a gag that would involve using pictures for story panels that I would have to acquire online.

Does anyone know what The Rules are for that kind of thing? Bear in mind there's no money to be had from a dio-story, and as things stand I'd probably have to email the story out, but in the event it ever were to be hosted online somewhere would anyone potentially get upset if I'd used things like a location shot, movie still or publicity shot of a celebrity I'd just found on a Google image-search and copied to my HD?

I doubt anyone that could care would ever see something like this anyway but it got me thinking... I always want to know the minutiae of everything...

ender098
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Stormer]So I'm (still, honest!) working on a comedy dio-story featuring the Dream Team I made for the Target Range around Christmas, and I've had an idea for a gag that would involve using pictures for story panels that I would have to acquire online.

Does anyone know what The Rules are for that kind of thing? Bear in mind there's no money to be had from a dio-story, and as things stand I'd probably have to email the story out, but in the event it ever were to be hosted online somewhere would anyone potentially get upset if I'd used things like a location shot, movie still or publicity shot of a celebrity I'd just found on a Google image-search and copied to my HD?

I doubt anyone that could care would ever see something like this anyway but it got me thinking... I always want to know the minutiae of everything...[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure, but I was told that as long as you don't try to make a profit from your work, you're good!

lehsreh
02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
[COLOR=Red]mmm, ive always wondered the same thing. im gonna have some celebs in my dios for sure. i dont see anything happening there. i mean look at everything you see them being used on. hell mr.skin uses them to make money, you know he doesnt pay anything either...[/COLOR]