PDA

View Full Version : A panoramic of my office

Hammerfel
03-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm a Star Wars collector at work, and a Joe collector at home. :)
http://hammerfel.com/office/

Luke Ellison
03-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Nice!!!! Where do you work and how many pictures make up the panoramic composite?

Violentfix
03-15-2005, 08:48 AM
I can't get it to work, maybe it's my companies system.

My office is pretty boring. The only personel items I have in it are pictures of my Cat and my wedding day.

Hammerfel
03-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Make sure you have quicktime installed.

I work at Sony Online Entertainment ( www.station.com ). I took that pic with 36 photos on a panoramic tripod head.

Thorn
03-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Nice office :D Mine is a cluttered mess :o I wish I could adorn mine with toys, but they would get stolen/broken. I work in a library and my desk is in the open in the Youth Services room.

Luke Ellison
03-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Sweet! What do you do for SONY and are you guys hiring? :D

General Hawk
03-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Awesome! I've wanted to get into panoramic shots, just never knew how...I didn't even know there was a special tripod for them!

Cool office. I share mine with two other techs and our coordinator, so no real room for toys. :/

Justin

Luke Ellison
03-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah Justin, just get a set of sturdy Bogen tripod legs and then you're open to a variety of pan heads. There are self adjusting ones and ones with electric motors that run on tracks (only a grande, I think).

Violentfix
03-20-2005, 12:06 AM
I finally got this to work and I must say that I am always amazed when I see companies that let their employees do creative things in their offices. I'm at a point in my firm where people will need to start retirering or dying for me to move forward, so I'm up there and I still would not be able to do something like that to my office. I'm jealous.

Nice Office

Hammerfel
03-20-2005, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=Luke Ellison]Sweet! What do you do for SONY and are you guys hiring? :D[/QUOTE]
Thanks, all!

I'm the Creative Director for the Web Presence team. That means I think up what we're going to do to show ff our products on the web, and the team implements. It's a lot of writing design documents and talking to web artists.

We might be hiring for a web artist in the next few months. Whomever gets it will have to have a lot of proven experience making cutting-edge websites like www.everquest2.com and www.returntoarms.com