PDA

View Full Version : Sunbow or DIC

nando
02-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Which SERIES do u like more and why

Lightning LA
02-07-2007, 08:37 AM
I have never watched the DIC Series,so i can't really say one is better than the other.Sunbow is the one i watched as a Kid,and i know it was a GREAT Series.I've been hoping Sony will release the Sunbow Cartoon's,it's been so long since i've watched them it will be like watching them for the 1st time again!

lehsreh
02-07-2007, 08:50 AM
[COLOR=Red]sunbow for me. mainly because it was what i grew up with. that and it was what we refrenced our joe verse to when we would play joes. it had the best characters and stories. you never had many stories in dic where they took place in jungle or so on. most of the ones i remember from them were in a city somewhere. i live in the country so im not big on cities, and i dont think they make near as good a setting for a story. just look at preadtor 1 and 2. i did like dic though, but i guess mainly because i got to watch it every morning before school. its not great, but i dont think its as bad as everyone says it was. i mean damn, its G.I. Joe, it cant be all bad. i like it better then sigma six, but then again the only thing related to joe i dont like better then S-6 is extreme which i also watched. [/COLOR]

Jay
02-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Sunbow.
DIC was pure garbage. Poor animation, poor writing, poor continuity, the list goes on...
Why Hasbro decided to switch animation studios, I'll never understand...

Self-Modifier
02-07-2007, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Jay]Why Hasbro decided to switch animation studios, I'll never understand...[/QUOTE]

Because DIC was the lowest bidder. I remember reading in an interview somewhere that DIC offered to make Joe cartoons for peanuts compared to what Sunbow was charging.

However, all things aside, they got one thing right. They kept Chris Latta as Cobra Commander (and Morgan Lofting as the Baroness in Operation Dragonfire). It's just too bad they didn't get anything else right!

Acantilado
02-07-2007, 01:36 PM
[font=Tahoma][size=2]Yeah, do you really need to ask? Sunbow was faaaaaaar better. I have good memories of the DIC one, but just because it featured characters I owned (while the Sunbow one featured characters that appeared almost three years before I started buying Joes).[/size][/font]

General Jones
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree with Lightning LA, I only watched the Sunbow series and never watched the DIC series. The thing I wish is that they would officially release the second half of season 2.

rds13601
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Sunbow was awesome!! Dic was okay..

Sonneilon
02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I have to go w/ Sunbow too. But in my situation, just after the movie and the Cobra War in the comic, I was getting out of Joe. When DiC took over, I just couldn't get into it. I was already losing interest in the comic and toywise, well... It was time to grow up. Kids didn't play with toys at that point.

lehsreh
02-08-2007, 05:39 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I have to go w/ Sunbow too. But in my situation, just after the movie and the Cobra War in the comic, I was getting out of Joe. When DiC took over, I just couldn't get into it. I was already losing interest in the comic and toywise, well... It was time to grow up. Kids didn't play with toys at that point.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]thats the same attitude my friends had. thats why i was left alone :( . i think thats one reason the dic series didnt go so well also, it was time for most kids to grow up. for boys that ment focusing more time on girls (the greatest evil of all and killer of childhood :p). i just wonder what reaction dic would have gotten if there had been no sunbow before it? would it have been more accepted if it and not sunbow had been the one to start the cartoon at first?[/COLOR]

Acantilado
02-08-2007, 12:12 PM
[font=Tahoma][size=2]I think they would have had some succes, of course, but not at the same level as the Sunbow one, because the key was it being "credible", with good plots. The DIC one would have been remembered as another series based in a toy that could have been really good but wasn't -like hundreds before and after-.[/size][/font]

Sonneilon
02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, where I was coming from, the Crips and Bloods were coming from California so most of the inner city kids were trying to find a way in. I was in middle school. There were kids packing guns and a lot of beatings. All the kids were asked to grow up pretty fast. I look at Kody who is in 6th grade now and the pressures he has are nothing like what I had, socially-wise. Academically, that's a different story.

My parents also pushed a bit. I was to get rid of all my toys. I was permitted to keep a handful of joes and 1 vehicle. I've sold the Joes but still have the APC in a closet.

lehsreh
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
My parents also pushed a bit. I was to get rid of all my toys. I was permitted to keep a handful of joes and 1 vehicle. I've sold the Joes but still have the APC in a closet.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red]soooo, like you were like me. you had no joes left? i guess i have over a hundrend now, hardly any vehicles at all. how long have you been rebuilden?[/COLOR]

Swindle
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I remember reading an interview with someone who called DIC "Do it Cheap" or words to those effect. Yeah, they were sad to watch, but I enjoyed a few episodes here and there, mainly Metal Head stuff, which is my guilty pleasure.