PDA

View Full Version : Dio theme you're working on, but got bored and dis-interested.

miragearmor
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
I've been collecting some figs for a dio-project for over a year now, and it looks as if it's not gonna happen since I've felt disinterested in the Star Brigade line at the moment.

Is there any flexibility for a space dio if it's all relatively going to play out in space? And are there any limitations in doing one?

I am totally stuck at the moment in trying to get the production to take off, but with lack of items, props, and $$$, it's probably going to wind up as small pics as posted on this site.

If anyone wants to offer their $0.02 to get my creative ideas going, I'd like to hear it. :)

rds13601
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
You could have your Star Brigade Force battle Transformers on Cybertron. Just do a little scene one at a time and I think other scenes will come to you. Space missions are cool.

ToneGunsRevisited
01-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I always go with space guys coming across an alien. Predator, Alien, Star Wars aliens & such things. Maybe a lost space ship...

Sonneilon
01-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree with TG.

Maybe start watching a lot of movies you totally love and get inspiration, energy or ideas. I know when I'm low on ideas OR working on the computer, I'll throw in Doom, FFAC or Aliens in.

phu
03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Eh, if movie inspiration is the route you want, I'd pick something less abused.

If I were to do a space dio, chances are it'd be a parody -- campy stuff like Silent Running, The Black Hole; more popular stuff like Apollo 13, Space Cowboys, Moonraker; cult flicks like Event Horizon or even The Rocky Horror Picture Show could be great sources of outer-space ideas, comedic or not.

Recycling those storylines or using them as launching points could put you on a good course for a space dio that'll be a little more unique than "omg shoot the alien" or "wtf that Predator turned Flint into a human throw rug." :D

Dersham
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Phu posted a good movie suggestion "Event Horizon" which went along with Toneguns' idea of finding a lost spaceship. You could do something like that and it could be all creepy when they find the lost spaceship and its been infected with something. For some reason that theme always gives me the willies even though its one of the more unlikely things to happen in my lifetime.

Otherwise maybe jump in time a couple hundred years and do something more along the lines of the Fifth Element which had the cool concept of a powerful Earth empire fighting against different rogue elements that didn't want to be a part of it.

phu
03-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Ooh, Fifth Element is good stuff! I had to recommend Event Horizon, though; I absolutely love that kind of cheesy horror. :D